Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
kachyok

Drives: CAMARO 1998 RED CUSTOM MADE, RED
CAMARO 1998 RED CUSTOM MADE, LEATHER, DVD, CAMERA, NEON

CAMARO 1998 RED CUSTOM MADE, LEATHER, DVD, CAMERA, NEONS

Lowered to final $10,000

VIN#2G1FP22K0W2153803
V6
46,500 Miles
Auto Transmission
T-Tops

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Custom Built

It has 46,500 miles on it, mostly highway miles. (I worked in New Jersey for some time)
The car was purchased completely stock and then was custom built to look like a show car.
The car's interior was completely removed and replaced to fit my taste of red and black.
The story is that I purchased this Camaro completely stock in 2004 from a middle aged lady in Long Island, New York. After a year of driving it I fell in love with it so much that I decided to custom build it because I was sure that I was not going to sell it ever. I started with the car's interior.
The Camaro was taken to a car customizing shop where I asked them to take out the whole interior, all seats, all panels, carpet, ceiling, all hardware, absolutely the whole inside of the car and in the process I was purchasing the best parts, electronics, and equipment I could possibly get for my baby. It all started out with a Professional Sound Deadening System, similar to Dynomat which was installed on the entire floor, entire rear with all the sides, both doors, and the entire ceiling. This Professional Sound Deadening System helps the car be less noisy, reduces vibrations on all metal panels, and the best part is it keeps the music sound stay inside the car without vibration noises, for a superb sound quality. Then, I ordered and installed a custom brand new (Pure Black) carpet with more sound insulation (Black carpet like this one was never a manufacturers option, the darkest was only Ebony).
All custom Rockford Fosgate speakers wiring was installed under the carpet on both sides. As I remember, there are 2 gauge wires for the subwoofers, heavy duty speaker wiring for the rest of the component speakers, and much more wires for other electronic components (Will be listed). Then, I purchased all Black Panels and Black Leather Doors (instead of original Beige color) from a 2002 Camaro. The entire ceiling was custom spray painted in Red and Sun visors wore custom painted in Black. Many other panels like vent ducks, speaker grills, fuse box, and other were custom painted in Red color to give a beautiful contrast with Black interior.
The front original seats were replaced for a really nice Red and Black leather sport seats, with both power and manual seat adjustments. These seats have their own manual rails which were installed on second set of power electric rails for more comfort and flexibility. I also purchased a Sport Five Point Seat Harness for better look and safety. Rear seats were removed for a different project which I never got to do. Both Black Leather Doors have a Rockford Fosgate Tweeters installed about 2 feet away from the Rockford Fosgate Componet door speakers for the best sound quality. Rear speaker panels of the car were enlarged for installation of a second set of Rockford Fosgate component speakers with tweeters. Both front and rear component speakers were installed in approximately in the same distance from the drivers and passengers ears to provide a better surround sound inside the car. The car has an unbelievably loud and clear, professional full Rockford Fosgate sound system.
(Front) Rockford Fosgate T162S POWER 6.5” 2Way Top of the Line Component Speakers, 200 Watt Each
(Rear) Rockford Fosgate T152S POWER 5.25” 2Way Top of the Line Component Speakers, 100 Watt Each
(Rear) Also Infinity Reference 1021t, 1-Inch Textile-Dome Tweeters (To replace Rockford Tweeters)
Also, the rear of the car was introduced to a custom built MDF Flat board with stretched Black leather over it, to give it beautiful look. This custom MDF board was installed to secure the whole two massive Rockford Fosgate Amplifiers, one 4 channel Amplifier for all the speakers and tweeter and another mono block Amplifier for 2 10” 2000 Watt each, subwoofers. These two Amplifiers are custom painted in Red color with an additional linkage to have look like a one huge Amplifier.
The Black Leather MDF board has two chrome Rockford Fosgate crossovers for the rear component speakers (front crossovers are hidden inside the door, they take too much space to show the off in front of the car). Also, on the board there is a Lightning Audio 1 Farad Capacitorto help power the two massive Amplifiers and stabilize the voltage and everything is connected through two heavy duty fuses. All of the wires are Rockford Fosgate except a big Subwoofer power wire (could not find a Rockford Fosgate wire that big).
All this sound is connected to the flip up Jensen DVD MP3 player Model # VM9512, this player has EVERYTHING AND READS EVERYTHING. Please Google it and take a look (too many specifications to list). Jensen is connected to a professionally installed Back-Up System Camera, inside the license plate, through the rear bumper. It is a color camera with wide angle and night vision which automatically turns on when the car is in reverse (Unbelievably nice and useful custom feature).
Continuing with the rear of the car, it has a fiberglass Sport Commando Spoiler (spoiler was shipped pre-painted Red to match my car). If you do not like this spoiler I have the original red spoiler in perfect condition that I can provide for free to you. I also have two LED lights installed in the spoiler to give a better braking visibility. Rear bumper has a Brand New clear side marker light and Brand New Red bulbs.
A year ago, I purchased a gorgeous set of brand new Corvette Wheels ZO6 wheels, two 17 x 9.5" in the front and two 18 x 10.5" in the rear. Also purchased a set of brand new tires, Samitomo HTRZ Size - 285/35ZR18 in the rear and Fuzion ZR1 Size - 275/40/17 in the front, they have at least 80% tire thread left on them.
I love neon so I got a Full Underbody Neon Car Kit with 4 big red neon tubes, one on each side of the car. I have 2 Red Strobe Lights inside the headlights. Also 2 red neon tubes inside the Brand New bought chrome grill. Headlight are Brand New Halo Design with 2 HID’s as a low beam and another 2 HID’s inside the fog lights (same bluish HID color to complement each other).
Front turn signal lights are Brand New Clear Designs with all New bulbs. Rear taillights have Brand New plastic Blackouts. Inside the car there are 2 red neon tubes under drivers and passengers feet on both sides. Also, 2 red LED’s on top of the dashboard and red LED’s inside the speaker grills. Custom Red and Chrome LED Pedals and to top this whole thing off, all inside and outside lights are connected to 2 different switches near the stick shift, which independently can be turned on or off to control the interior and exterior neon lights. Gauge board is custom painted red to compliment interior.
Tints are 20% in the front and 5% in the back window.
Mirrors have red turn signals in the glass like a Cadillac style.
Engine is a V6 3.8 Liters, 3800 Series. I had installed a Cold Air Intake Kit, Optima battery, 180F thermostat, NGK Iridium spark plugs, MSD 8.5mm wires, Low and High Speed Manual Engine cooling system with a 3 way switch in the interior of the car.
The car is perfectly maintained by a trusted mechanic. Used synthetic oil since the purchase of the car. Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter was always changed in advance of time. Had also changed antifreeze and flushed out the whole cooling system.
I am including allot of extra hardware, bolt for back seats and other panels, stock intake parts, DVD box and manuals, and 20 chrome Corvette wheel nut caps.

The car had four owners because after I bought it, I registered it on my brother in law and then on my mother for insurance purposes, so don't be alarmed.

I had invested over $20,000 in the car.
MY CELL # 646-436-0866 STAS

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

kachyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
kachyok

Reduced to $10,000
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
kachyok

Honestly guys, isn't $10,000 a good price for this car? Let me know what you think.
Thank you.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
The price sounds good to me.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Like the red interior.. I'm not into the rear spoiler and am 50/50 on the wheels. It's just IMHO.

Looks like it's in great shape. Good luck..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Like the red interior.. I'm not into the rear spoiler and am 50/50 on the wheels. It's just IMHO.

Looks like it's in great shape. Good luck..
agreed. interior looks great. the wing kills it for me.

GL with the sale!

bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
that price is way way to high for a v6 ...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
kachyok

Thank you all for your feedback, I will take your suggestion and put back on my stock spoiler.
It is so hard to sell this car even for a $12,000 because I had invested so much money, time and love into it. I had promised myself to never invest money or anything into a car, you only loose.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #9
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Yes putting money in a car is a passion, not an INVESTMENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachyok View Post
Thank you all for your feedback, I will take your suggestion and put back on my stock spoiler.
It is so hard to sell this car even for a $12,000 because I had invested so much money, time and love into it. I had promised myself to never invest money or anything into a car, you only loose.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachyok View Post

No offense, but the 2nd spoiler isn't horrible, although I really don't like it, but why would you leave the original on? No car needs two spoilers. Your best best is probably going to be to part it out - sell the wheels, stereo, spoiler, dvd seperate, and sell just the stock camaro with 40K miles on it. The problem is 90% of customizing that you did to the car is only worth something if the person buys it has the same tastes as you. Neon lights might be great, but for someone who doens't want them they're abosluetly worthless, so you won't get anything on the investment.

Def. a nice car - try to make it as stock as possible (if you still have the original wheels, stereo, tailights etc). and sell them seperately. You should be able to get at least $7-8K for that car once it's stock, and hopefully $1-2K for the parts you removed.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyb24 View Post
that price is way way to high for a v6 ...
Disagree - kbb has it around $7,000 not including upgraded wheels, stereo, dvd, lights, interior work, t-tops, and a bunch of other work. It is easily worth $9-10K for the right buyer. Also, kbb always undervalues a car with low miles, $10K for a camaro with only 45,000 miles is very cheap.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknay2000 View Post
Disagree - kbb has it around $7,000 not including upgraded wheels, stereo, dvd, lights, interior work, t-tops, and a bunch of other work. It is easily worth $9-10K for the right buyer. Also, kbb always undervalues a car with low miles, $10K for a camaro with only 45,000 miles is very cheap.

Condition Value

Excellent
$5,960
Good
$5,585
Fair
$4,935

thats kbb vaule wit that mileage and sugg retail is $7600.00 so maybe ur lookin in tha wrong place my friend cause i do my homework before i speak..and as far as upgrade 90% of ppl dont want a car modded.. ...and no one is goin to pay retail... thast why they have private party sell prices......
Old 06-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #13
kachyok

Unfortunately I don't have any other stock parts except for the spoiler, so I can't bring it back to stock and sell the car and parts separately. My best bet is to find somebody who will love it the way it is.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

I hope u find sum..