Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-31-2016, 09:31 PM   #16479
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm diggin' this color. Can't wait to see it in person.
Yes, I'm glad they brought back that awesome paint scheme.

In other news, did y'all see that the speed limits on the Nurburgring have been lifted? Hopefully we will see some more hero runs from our favorite manufacturer.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #16480
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Test drove the ATS-V tonight.

Holy crap.
Coupe or sedan? Have you driven the 6th gen SS yet? Wonder how it compares.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #16481
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Yes, I'm glad they brought back that awesome paint scheme.

In other news, did y'all see that the speed limits on the Nurburgring have been lifted? Hopefully we will see some more hero runs from our favorite manufacturer.
C'mon Z06 lap time!!!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #16482
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
C'mon Z06 lap time!!!
And Camaro SS
And Camaro SS/1LE
And Camaro ZL1
And Corvette Grand Sport
And ATS-V
And CTS-V

Actually, it would surprise me if GM actually took the last three out to the 'ring. Might not even take the SS or SS/1LE.

The Z06 & ZL1 will probably get a chance at a hot lap this season though. Z06 because I'm sure GM wants to at least set a new personal best. And ZL1 because they'll probably be using it to benchmark the Z/28.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #16483
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Is this why GM hasn't been publishing times lately for new hi-performance cars? I thought they said something about bad weather....

Quote:
C'mon Z06 lap time!!!
Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
And Camaro SS
And Camaro SS/1LE
And Camaro ZL1
And Corvette Grand Sport
And ATS-V
And CTS-V

Actually, it would surprise me if GM actually too the last three out to the 'ring. Might not even take the SS or SS/1LE.

The Z06 & ZL1 will probably get a chance at a hot lap this season though. Z06 because I'm sure GM wants to at least set a new personal best. And ZL1 because they'll probably be using it to benchmark the Z/28.
I wonder if they'll take the 5th gen Z/28 back to get a hero time in the dry....
Old 04-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #16484
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Is this why GM hasn't been publishing times lately for new hi-performance cars? I thought they said something about bad weather....

Yes!

I wonder if they'll take the 5th gen Z/28 back to get a hero time in the dry....
I think its a bit of both. On their last trip before the sped limit was enacted, they hit some bad weather (presumably worse than during the Z/28 run). Then the speed limit put the kibosh on even trying to do a full hotlap.

They might try again with the Z/28. I'm sure they'll be taking one over this season to compare & contrast with the 6th gen. But it would probably be 3rd in line for a hot lap (behind the 6th gen Z/28 & ZL1), so there might not be enough time to actually get one in.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #16485
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I think its a bit of both. On their last trip before the sped limit was enacted, they hit some bad weather (presumably worse than during the Z/28 run). Then the speed limit put the kibosh on even trying to do a full hotlap.

They might try again with the Z/28. I'm sure they'll be taking one over this season to compare & contrast with the 6th gen. But it would probably be 3rd in line for a hot lap (behind the 6th gen Z/28 & ZL1), so there might not be enough time to actually get one in.
If Al wants it done, it'll get done.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #16486
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
And Camaro SS
And Camaro SS/1LE
And Camaro ZL1
And Corvette Grand Sport
And ATS-V
And CTS-V

Actually, it would surprise me if GM actually took the last three out to the 'ring. Might not even take the SS or SS/1LE.

I agree! However the Z06 lap time was going to be released soon according to Tadge months ago...the wait has created (added to) some ugliness on the Corvette Forum.

BTW, it's very refreshing visiting here. The Corvette Forum is full of 6th grade mentality...mines bigger, badder and better than yours, constantly.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #16487
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Coupe or sedan? Have you driven the 6th gen SS yet? Wonder how it compares.
Coupe

The Gen6 I drove was a 1LT so no direct comparison. The V is certainly MUCH faster than you can do on the street. Even on a short drive you can feel an awesome chassis and Powertrain, shared for the most part with the Camaro.

Wonderful brakes, great steering. Sadly a V6 sound, not bad but not a V8.

Compared to the Camaro, better visibility, better trunk and far nicer interior. More rear seat leg room, but very little rear seat head room.

For the most part most folks wouldn't see the $25,000 difference in price.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #16488
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
BTW, it's very refreshing visiting here. The Corvette Forum is full of 6th grade mentality...mines bigger, badder and better than yours, constantly.
We do what we can to keep that stuff to a minimum. But there is still a too much BS.

V6 vs V8 (and soon to be T4 vs V6 vs V8 over on Camaro6)
SS vs ZL1 vs Z/28
Manual vs Automatic
5th gen vs 6th

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #16489
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
We do what we can to keep that stuff to a minimum. But there is still a too much BS.

SS vs ZL1 vs Z/28
Manual vs Automatic
5th gen vs 6th
Don't forget 1LE... worst of them all.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #16490
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

"Why can't we all just get along?"

It's really sad...I get the Camaro Vs Mustang that s been around forever, however I don't understand Camaro Vs Camaro. Isn't it easy to understand that GM makes the variations of the car to fill the particular niche? Also very very few can push them to their limits anyway.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 04-02-2016 at 04:26 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #16491
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Don't forget 1LE... worst of them all.
The 1LE is an SS ...

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-02-2016, 02:46 PM   #16492
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:

SS vs ZL1 vs Z/28
Manual vs Automatic
5th gen vs 6th
Quote:
"Why can't we all just get along?"

It's really sad...I get the Camaro Vs Mustang that s been around forever, however I don't understand Canaro Vs Camaro. Isn't it easy to understand that GM makes the variations of the car to fill the particular niche? Also very very few can push them to their limits anyway.
Well obviously because one of the two is spelled with an "n", and the other with an "m".. , just messing with you! hahaha

Quote:
The 1LE is an SS ...
Funny thing is I've had my toes in most camps, now...

I used to have a ZL1. Then I got a 1LE...now that same 1LE shares more in common with the Z/28 than an SS....

The 1LE vs SS people have to come to terms with the fact that the SS is meant for 97% of drivers who want to go fast, and look good. The 1LE is catered to that other 3% of buyers who actually might go visit a road course.

Unfortunately, this generation, the Camaro team has decided to opt for no 2SS option with the 1LE. I think this is the first real mistake they've made since 2010...but we'll see. What's happening on the forum as a result is a slowly growing group of elitist "I don't need disco lights" group that are taking the 1LE vs SS crap to a whole new level of ugliness. Those who daily drive their cars AND road course who want a 2SS/1LE are left out like an unwanted step child.

I think the ZL1 people are generally more docile and secure with themselves, as are the Z/28 people...Those who bought a ZL1 accept that the Z/28 is faster, noting that it's a stripped race version of the Camaro. Z/28 buyers know what they've got, and are proud. (I just hope as many race it who stare at it)

Now, we've got a new, insanely-good A10 coming down the pipe for the ZL1, and possibly the whole Camaro lineup...it's already converting some self-proclaimed "manual only guys"...and creating a great deal of self-doubt as a result.

As far as

V8 vs V6.....

V8 & V6 vs T4...

V6 1LE vs SS

stick vs manual....

And don't forget Wing spoiler vs Blade spoiler....

I just have nothing to say.

Many people nowadays need to get over themselves and, like 2cnd chance said, realize Chevy is making multiple versions to appeal to different tastes...which means two people can like different trims/options and both be right.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014