Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #43
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
After studying the facts, the best thing I can come up with is MOVE OUT OF CALIFORNIA!
After everything I read, see and hear about Ca, That might not be a bad idea.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #44
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Why can't you do lights? Didnt know that was even a law against it
You wouldn't believe the laws that are on the books, but not inforced. Did you know that in Florida it is illegal to do any modifying of the OEM exhaust system. It's one of those laws that's on the books, and can be used to do a traffic stop if need be.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #45
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You wouldn't believe the laws that are on the books, but not inforced. Did you know that in Florida it is illegal to do any modifying of the OEM exhaust system. It's one of those laws that's on the books, and can be used to do a traffic stop if need be.
Yep, that's a hefty ticket too.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #46
zackex

Drives: 45th Camaro SS
I would guess that the officer would like to see what you are holding as he walks up to your window. A dark tint at night could conceal a weapon in your hand.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #47
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Mammer View Post
Ive been pulled over 19 times only ever had 1 ticket written, and ive learned this: Cops are douchebags. They do what they want cuz they got the law stuck up their @$$.

If you are worried about not being harassed by them sell your car, buy a station wagon and kiss any performance ride goodbye. That said having window tint on your car in a no tint state is asking for it. You're in a sports car so they will nit pick you to death where any other big breasted blonde would get off scott free. You my friend will be burned at the stake. I would suggest taking the tint off your windows and lights alike unless you want to get burned any time the lawman happens to be on his time of the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Oh no, this kind of post will get the mods very angry.
No way that I will sell my car I can accommodate to the laws if necessary. Anyway What I am thinking is that the cops never include the painted tail lights on the citation since may be he saw that when I hit the brakes when he was behind me its very visible as regular lights and when I put it on the hazard/warning may be he is convince that theres is no alteration with the visibility or whatsoever.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #48
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
No way that I will sell my car I can accommodate to the laws if necessary. Anyway What I am thinking is that the cops never include the painted tail lights on the citation since may be he saw that when I hit the brakes when he was behind me its very visible as regular lights and when I put it on the hazard/warning may be he is convince that theres is no alteration with the visibility or whatsoever.
Nope, that's not the reason.
Just a tint ticket means you had a good attitude when the officer stopped you.
If had an attitude, both the tint and the painted lights would have been on the ticket.
Please accept my posts on this subject as teaching moments.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #49
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS... shell...
Quote:
Well to any mods that read that. When you get pulled over while riding an electric scooter, or while walking to work, or 2x within 1000 feet by a cop who watched the whole first ordeal, or 200yards before a checkpoint, or for crossing the line to give pedestrians more room, or for all the other bs I've dealt with maybe they'd understand my comment. But I digress I still vote take it all off or be prepared to get harassed slightly more than you will normally. Profiling happens and all on this forum know it. and if your butthole doesn't pucker everytime you see the lawman nearby you are lying to yourself.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #50
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Guys (and Gals)...........There are lots of laws that we all disagree with and despise. That said, why all the surprise and outrage when you get ticketed? I think in my drive way with the engine off and no intention to drive, I should be able to sit in my car and have a beer listening to the stereo. But tell it to the MAN. You will lose.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #51
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
Fresno Sir we're on the same town!

Yes, I will only remove the tint but not the painted tail lights bec they illuminate when you hit the brakes and very visible.
Guess we are lol

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #52
jag107

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharged zl1 View Post
I got pulled over today for tint and no front license plate
You should have had NO license plates, because they will nail you if you have one on the back but not the front. If your car still looks new, you can get away with dealer plates for a long time, I went 7 months before finally giving in, and I was never stopped once. Maybe the tint is what got you pulled over though. Stupid Californistan!
jag107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #53
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
my impala has tinted taillights and doubled tinted windows on the side rears ,back and dark tint on the fronts never been pulled over for any. I hate talking bout something that haven't. happened to me yet because it always end up happening after. dang I hope it don't. lol
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #54
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
After everything I read, see and hear about Ca, That might not be a bad idea.
Seriously, how is Ohio anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Sucks, just did my headers, going to be moving in a year and a half, I guess Fl is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Yep, that's a hefty ticket too.
Sucks
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #55
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Best way to avoid the tint rule is floor it !! 17% here ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #56
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Took this pic like 3 minutes ago. This is parking lights when I remote start the car.
Attached Images