Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 05-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #85
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #86
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Camaro Gen6 first Quarter Sales Results look Fantastic.
If this first Quarter pace result continues for the year, they will FAR exceed all Gen5 sales totals for each Year 2010 - 2015.
As I mentioned in above post, Camaro Gen6 is number one for April, outselling Mustang and Challenger.
2010: 81,299
2011: 88,249
2012: 84,319
2013: 80,567
2014: 80,567
2015: 77,502
2017: 96,140 <<< (estimate taking first quarter 24,035 results and multiplying by 4)

Exciting times, back in the 60's I never thought there would be a day when I would see a stock Camaro straight off the assembly line hit 200 MPH and handle like a Vette!
Am I missing something in the great sales figures being reported??? I'm seeing Gen6 most days on my short drive back and forth to work each day.
Seems like folks are doing the Jay slogan: "Buy all you want they'll make more" ;-)
Math is not your best subject, is it?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #87
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Why are you guys even comparing. It makes no sense this thread is only valid if you could buy a brand new 5th gen and 6th gen at the same time. OP you sound like the only people buying Camaros are previous owners. The Camaro was not even on my radar I test drove over 50 cars and one of the dealer guys was like have you drove the new Camaro and that was it sold... Cadillac ATS Audi S3 Mustang focus RS 370z infinity q50 are just a few that I drove. There is not a car on the market that can match MPG Price to performance ratio of the Camaro along with daily drivability. I never drove a 5th gen never test drove one was never interested because I was not buying a used car. Kinda a pointless argument across the board.

I agree with more advertising would have done the Camaro good. It was literally the last car I test drove and never would have if it wasn't recommended to me.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:42 PM   #88
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
well i'm buying a new one next april.100%
8 speed auto in white..so i'm helping out sales soon

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Old 05-26-2017, 09:44 PM   #89
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
Divorce

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 PM   #90
WVaSS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Grey 2SS M6
The Gen6 Camaro is a fantastic car. I liked the Gen5 cars as well. Not enough to own one. Couldn't afford a Z/28 and couldn't tolerate the interior in anything less. Gen6 changed the game completely. Claiming Gen5 performance is equal is just ridiculous. Dynamically Gen6 is far superior. Now I'm usually the first one to explain how "the new version of ....." just sucks or ruins the purity of the old design, or whatever. But not this time. As to the looks imho, it looks way better than the Gen5. The reaction my car gets from others is surprising. Now I've never bought a car based on what someone else thought about it. However there have been nothing but positive responses on this car. From comments, to thumbs up, young kids flashing the "metal" sign, to open mouth stares with head turn. So I don't think there are many folks who don't like the look of the Gen6. I known w they aren't inexpensive cars. Yes the Mustang is cheaper (I think they look fantastic btw) but the Camaro is better The slow sales are just a market slow down, that's all across the board. The Gen6 Camaro showcases what letting technology flow from higher end models down the line can do. The Gen6 Camaro is so good that I bought one. That says a lot. Chevrolet is doing great things with all their cars, I hope they can keep it up. I don't get the hate. If you don't like the new Camaro buy used, or buy a Mustang. But unless you get a Gen5 Z/28 or or new GT350 you are getting less car.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #91
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
About 2 months into my G6 2SS. Keep in mind I could have bought pretty much any car I wanted including a Vette, German Hot Rod, or Japanese Hot Rod. And I do more homework on what I buy than 98% of buyers.

I don't get all the negativity here on the Camaros because

1. I bought a 2SS with a V8 455 HP engine that can go 0-60 in 4 seconds & has a top end of 180; all options but sunroof. That puts the G6 very close to "supercar" for $47 K including tax/license delivered to my door. An astounding value, imo.

2. The G6 can be a highway cruiser or Hot, Hot, Hot Rod with a fair amount of creature comfort for my 74 year old bones.

3. I've been a car guy all my life who grew up in 50/60s in Motown (that is DETROIT); I know cars. I recognized this car as a Camaro instantly. I bought it anyway!! LOL! (I'm a Ford guy who thought he was going to get a Shelby Mustang)

4) The press was consistent saying the G6 was better than Mustang & Challenger. Geez, even Consumer Reports praise the G6 if you had the "need for speed".

Guys & girls of every age coo at my Hyper Blue Metallic every where I go. A couple nights ago I was backing into a Macaroni Grill parking spot as a coupe was walking inside. The good looking mid 20s girl made a huge fuss over the Camaro as her guy friend (also good looking...I would have dated either of them if my hot blond of 45 years would let me!!) just glared at me.

Bet the Camaro keeps on trucking.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #92
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBoy View Post
About 2 months into my G6 2SS. Keep in mind I could have bought pretty much any car I wanted including a Vette, German Hot Rod, or Japanese Hot Rod. And I do more homework on what I buy than 98% of buyers.

I don't get all the negativity here on the Camaros because

1. I bought a 2SS with a V8 455 HP engine that can go 0-60 in 4 seconds & has a top end of 180; all options but sunroof. That puts the G6 very close to "supercar" for $47 K including tax/license delivered to my door. An astounding value, imo.

2. The G6 can be a highway cruiser or Hot, Hot, Hot Rod with a fair amount of creature comfort for my 74 year old bones
3. I've been a car guy all my life who grew up in 50/60s in Motown (that is DETROIT); I know cars. I recognized this car as a Camaro instantly. I bought it anyway!! LOL! (I'm a Ford guy who thought he was going to get a Shelby Mustang)

4) The press was consistent saying the G6 was better than Mustang & Challenger. Geez, even Consumer Reports praise the G6 if you had the "need for speed".

Guys & girls of every age coo at my Hyper Blue Metallic every where I go. A couple nights ago I was backing into a Macaroni Grill parking spot as a coupe was walking inside. The good looking mid 20s girl made a huge fuss over the Camaro as her guy friend (also good looking...I would have dated either of them if my hot blond of 45 years would let me!!) just glared at me.

Bet the Camaro keeps on trucking.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #93
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Speaking of old topics.....surf some of the threads
here lol. Some of the topics and comments were discussed years ago on Camaro 5. Its kind of like zombie threads being revived. Makes for some funny reading.
Oh yeah for sure. You have to start somewhere and build on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
Hey, i resent that!.. that's... pretty much it, I just wanted to be included in the conversation.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #94
fastbroshi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Well in Canada...its funny where I live Camaro's are perhaps some of the rarest cars while the Mustang is bloody everywhere. I have seen a few gen 6 cars but they are as rare as the 5th here perhaps moreso..
There's the problem right there! Everybody now...BLAME CAN-A-DA!! BLAME CAN-A-DA!
Old 05-27-2017, 12:08 AM   #95
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Speaking of old threads... I remember when the car first came back people were complaining about everything from the suspension to the passenger seat not having enough adjust-ability. That's where our price jump came from. Everyone wants more features etc... well someone has to pay for it. I bought a new truck 10 years ago with power windows and air conditioning. Did I ever feel good about myself lol... how things have changed....

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Old 05-27-2017, 12:09 AM   #96
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbroshi View Post
There's the problem right there! Everybody now...BLAME CAN-A-DA!! BLAME CAN-A-DA!
You just keep waxing that Canadian made 2010 you park your ass in.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #97
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Sure are a lot of haters up in here hating on the new Gen's! I guess I could say I was one when the very first pictures came out , then I saw them in person! I gotta say though that I rarely see em out here in the Bay Area! When I do, it's either a 6 or a 4.

The fact is that everybody out here in the Bay that owns anything near a Muscle Car is a Challenger or a Mustang....Camaro's in the 5th Gen I see all the time but they're all 6's! When I see the Challenger's, I see a lot of 6's as well! I see a mixed bag of Mustangs from GT's to 6's out here.

I'm glad that I'm more of a rare breed! The one car I would HATE to own would be the Toyota Prius or a Tesla since every other dork has em out here. The Prius is just butt ugly and the Tesla (while being American and I like that) is just not my taste.

When I see a Tesla, I think of an older mans car who goes to a Wine Bar after work to drink wine and mingle to his buddies about sailing. When I see a new Camaro or a new Challenger or a new Mustang with a V8 I think that the person driving it has a love for cars.
I have to say I take offense to that I had to throw so much money into get my V6 Camaro the way I wanted it it's not even funny a car that does 0 to 60 in 5 seconds is not for a guy that loves cars come on man you may have a lot more money than me but give your head a shake if that's how you think
Old 05-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #98
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Why all the bashing?

I have owned 2 fourth gens, 3 fifth gens and now a CA6 and Mustangs in the past. All loaded M6 SSes except for the M6 ZL1. And although the ZL1 is my favorite, the current Camaro is the best Camaro ever by far. And I love and appreciate the relative light weight, true sports car handling, modern electronics including MRC, and muscle power. It's in a class by itself as a muscle sports car. And I get many complements on my SS looks, but of course the early 5th gens stopped traffic. Now everyone is used to seeing the Camaro look. They are quite common.

All of this comes at a cost of course, especially the technology and lower weight.

I agree the interior styling is messy and a step backwards from the show car look of the 5th gens. But over all it is a nicer place to be. And very comfortable.

I do not like the even worse view out of the CA6. The Mustang is a better looks/window size compromise.

I also like that this Camaro compares well with the Corvette. How is that a negative? LOL Every time I go for a drive or head out to the track I get a thrill just pulling out of the driveway. And appreciate just how far we have come from the cave man cars from the sixties and early seventies. I enjoy watching people buy and sell them at the auctions and the silly prices that only the 1.5% can afford. But I have no interest in owning any of them even if I could. Let them rot in thier air conditioned spotless garages. I can drive the wheels off my 1,000% more fun and better in every way car and fully enjoy owning such a well engineered modern performance car.

I am not a Chevy fan boy, but I can appreciate greatness when I see and drive it.

Closed Thread