Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #29
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It was a manual.. My buddy took me out in it and drove around with the windows up and down and no radio then listen to it driving by the house.
It has a great refined sound and not to much cabin noise at all.

It is the system I will get for mine.. BUT.. from all the comments I have read here I will buy a programmer and shut off the FMS before I put the Borlas on.. I think that goes for any aftermarket exhaust on a L99 from what I have read.. Problem is my SS only has 117 miles on it and I want to make sure I don't have any drivetrain issues before I kill the warranty. So I think I will wait a while before I install a catback system
What exactly have you read/heard about this subject? I've searched and come up with little to no information. What does shutting it off prevent or help?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #30
goodiem18

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Inferno Orange
Flowmaster American Thunder on my SS........great price and awesome sound
goodiem18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #31
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Borla S of these 2.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #32
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I have the S type....love, LOVE that deep tone they have. Flowmaster has the oldschool sound crunch to it...flowmaster is the best deal, but if you got the cash or prefer deep tones ..go borla
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
JC0311SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I was in the same predicament, I bought an axle back Borla S-type system from a forum member, got a great deal. I like the sound of the borlas, pretty deep sound. A lot better than the stock sound. I added a magnaflow x-pipe, I think it sound really good. For me it was a toss up between the Borla S-type, Flowmaster AMT, or the Magnaflow muffler delete system. It's just comes down to a matter of preference. This weekend Im adding my CAI intake so we'll see how it sounds with the intake installed.
JC0311SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #34
flowmann

Drives: 1972 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN 316 View Post
Hey guys, I ordered a 2SS LS3 and I'm trying to decide between Borla S-Type and Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back systems. I prefer a loud deep smooth sound, I have listen to both exhaust sound and video clips but just can't decide. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some advise. Thanks!
Iceman316,

There are quite a few different Flowmaster exhaust options and we're always available to help you piece together a
custom system too, whether cat-back or axle-back. We can't make your final decision for you, but we can offer you
some more clips to help you decide.

Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Stainless steel Cat-Back gives the great Flowmaster sound people know us for.

Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back

if you aren't familiar with them yet, we also offer Hushpower mufflers for a totally different, deep, smooth sound.
Check out our 409S Stainless steel Hushpower Axle-Back kit.

Hushpower Axle-Back

As you saw in the videos, all of our Flowmaster kits for the 5th gen
Camaro are easy to install, increase performance and mileage and come with an excellent warranty.
flowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #35
U.S.NavySS

Drives: Inferno Orange LS3 SS(RS) Camaro
Borla attack make stainless steel tip for GFX?

I have a 2011 LS3 SS (RS) with ground effects do borla make stainless steel tips for his attack system that support gfx? I may have to get an inch cut off and custom fit tips for it?
U.S.NavySS is offline   Reply With Quote