Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
R.E.P.

Good Morning everyone,

so i have recently run into reduced engine power that has been happening past few days. After about 20 minutes of driving i keeep seeing this on my screen with stablitytrak and traction lights coming on aswell, and ofcourse the engine does not accelerate well, but i can go over 60mph slowly...

I have installed BBK headers and Mrtv2 and i the CEL has been on in the summer(i have not tuned it) It has been about 4 months since i have installed them and car has been runnning fine untill now.

So i went to autozone, i had several misfires on 2 4 6 and random aswell as the car running rich (i noticed a big drop in my fuel econmny the last 2 weeks)

. And few other codes i believe low bank sensor.
Are all these codes due to BBK headers? Will the tune knock these out and return my car back to normal? I mean it has been fine for over 4 months so i am curios why i am getting the reduced engine power now.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. oh i did get into a minor fender bender where my bumper was cracked, i need to have that replaced, and the reduced engine power was coming on a week after the accident..

Can someone also tell me what are the codes i should be expecting with just BBK headers?
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Possible timing chain issue?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Silverwing

Drives: Yellow 2018 SS
Though it's only a guess, it sounds exactly like what happened to me, but after countless trips to the dealer they finally found out it was...... a dying fuel pump.

It wouldn't hurt to swing by and ask them to take a look right?
Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Check your upper induction for carbon build up. The TSB that's out there for misfires calls for upper induction cleaning. I wasn't getting the reduced power indicator but I was getting the misfires.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Did you check all wires off the O2 sensers? maybe they moved around during the accident. I assumed you got the extensions.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Thanks for the reply guys..

So far the dealership has had my car for 8 buisness days and have not provided an update.. i called 4 days ago (friday) and service ad-visor claimed "not finding anything for the codes it is throwing out" .. they cleared the codes and will check again after the bumper is fixed.....

Is it possible for me to check the o2 sensors and the wires easily? is there a guide. Also how could i check for carbon buildup myself?

As far as for the fuel pump, i did hear a odd noise the other day when i was shutting the car down, is this when the fuel pump puts the pressure down?
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I was thinking of melting wires on the exhaust. If the O2 was to go bad. black smoke will be coming out of the exhaust. with a CEL. Runnig air lean.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Best thing to do is take the top off the induction and take a look at the valve to see if they are caked up. Either way get some seafoam and do an upper induction cleaning. Do a search here since there are some good DIY here.