Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #799
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
That is awesome Becky!! Im very happy and proud of you!

I'm glad they brought you're classes back. Its great to have a workout you really really enjoy! And sore is a good thing!

Well in my world, we finally got our home gym done and everything moved in. That and my parents were AWESOME enough to buy me a Rogue Fitness barbell and plates set along with a squat rack! So 5am crossfit 3-5 days a week, cardio 2-3 days a week, and practice on form at home! Gotten better on my fruit intake, but I miss it. Haven't been on a scale in ages, but who cares. I see the results of my hard work, and that what matters.

Bossbunny!! Great to see you again and the home gym sounds awesome. You'll be the fittest of the fit!! Keep it up girl!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #800
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
21.2 lbs!!!

Woot woot. Wasn't expecting that but thrilled
to have broken the 20 lb marker

Thanks to everyone for your help!
Thats awesome GO BECKY!!!

I'm starting to see good results myself, Randy even said my booty was looking smaller and more toned!
these last 10 pounds are a Bitch! Here we go with more cardio! lol
Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #801
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I'm starting to see good results myself, Randy even said my booty was looking smaller and more toned!
Ain't that the truth lol. Once you get the hang of it steady fat loss is a piece of cake and then out of the blue your body say's that's enough and it all comes to a hault. It's a built in mechanism of self preservation. That's when you use every trick in the book and bust your butt but it will come.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #802
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I'm watching you on FB - you're doing great and I know you'll get the result you want cause you won't quit!! You are truly an inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Ain't that the truth lol. Once you get the hang of it steady fat loss is a piece of cake and then out of the blue your body say's that's enough and it all comes to a hault. It's a built in mechanism of self preservation. That's when you use every trick in the book and bust your butt but it will come.
No change in weight today, but there were a few too many "life happens" days recently. So I'm back on track with calories and busted it today. I should hopefully see another LB next week-hopefully

Thanks y'all for being here to help and encourage. I have never felt better in my life
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #803
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
So I said I would share my gf's story....

Below is a picture of my girlfriend at age of 28...before twins, life, etc...

At this point in her life she was competing in sprint triathlons.

As of September 2012, at 39 years old, she was 200lbs and she is only 5'2". We met online...through conversation she knew how important working out and living a clean lifestyle was to me so she posed the question if I'd be interested in dating someone who wasn't in the best shape but would make the commitment to get back into even better shape than before. I said absolutely.

Before she started I told her first thing to do would be buy the book Body For Life by Bill Phillips, read it, and follow the eating guide and chart the intensity of her workouts. I also told her cardio is great but she needed to incorporate weights into her workout. I told her to look in the gym and look at the different body types...the ones using weights and the ones only doing cardio and ask herself which one she'd rather be. I also told her (like the book says) she needed to push....This is one of the biggest problems I see in the gym, both with people doing cardio and lifting weights. They just go through the motions....

And so it begins. She getting up at 4:30 in the morning and goes to the gym to run. Then goes home and gets ready for work, works, and goes back to the gym in the late afternoon early evening for weights and has done this pretty much 6 days a week since the end of September. She also follows the book with regards to food intake. She eats 6-7 times a day.

As of March 31st she weighed 131lbs. She has gone from a size 12-14 to a size 2-4. Her weight today goes between 129-131 and she is about to make an even more serious effort to get to 120lbs by June 26th which is when we are going on vacation. She mostly does interval training on the treadmill...slow jog (5.0 mph) for a min then sprints at 12mph for a minute. She does this for 30 mins. Sometimes she just runs for 30 mins at an 8.0mph pace.

Weights wise she has a 155lb bench, a 275lb parallel free squat, a 395lb high box squat, a 265lb deadlift. I am so proud of her. The intensity she trains with inspires me so much to do even more.

I'll take a current pic and post it soon, along with one from her plus size state.

You can do whatever you put your mind to and I'll leave you with this video.....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #804
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
So I said I would share my gf's story....

Below is a picture of my girlfriend at age of 28...before twins, life, etc...

At this point in her life she was competing in sprint triathlons.

As of September 2012, at 39 years old, she was 200lbs and she is only 5'2". We met online...through conversation she knew how important working out and living a clean lifestyle was to me so she posed the question if I'd be interested in dating someone who wasn't in the best shape but would make the commitment to get back into even better shape than before. I said absolutely.

Before she started I told her first thing to do would be buy the book Body For Life by Bill Phillips, read it, and follow the eating guide and chart the intensity of her workouts. I also told her cardio is great but she needed to incorporate weights into her workout. I told her to look in the gym and look at the different body types...the ones using weights and the ones only doing cardio and ask herself which one she'd rather be. I also told her (like the book says) she needed to push....This is one of the biggest problems I see in the gym, both with people doing cardio and lifting weights. They just go through the motions....

And so it begins. She getting up at 4:30 in the morning and goes to the gym to run. Then goes home and gets ready for work, works, and goes back to the gym in the late afternoon early evening for weights and has done this pretty much 6 days a week since the end of September. She also follows the book with regards to food intake. She eats 6-7 times a day.

As of March 31st she weighed 131lbs. She has gone from a size 12-14 to a size 2-4. Her weight today goes between 129-131 and she is about to make an even more serious effort to get to 120lbs by June 26th which is when we are going on vacation. She mostly does interval training on the treadmill...slow jog (5.0 mph) for a min then sprints at 12mph for a minute. She does this for 30 mins. Sometimes she just runs for 30 mins at an 8.0mph pace.

Weights wise she has a 155lb bench, a 275lb parallel free squat, a 395lb high box squat, a 265lb deadlift. I am so proud of her. The intensity she trains with inspires me so much to do even more.

I'll take a current pic and post it soon, along with one from her plus size state.

You can do whatever you put your mind to and I'll leave you with this video.....

How true this is. Many people don't succeed only because they don't commit themselves, they have the tools and knowledge yet still don't do it. Always an excuse or I'll do it tomorrow. I think those who try and give up do so because it's hard work, no one said it was easy, you just have to put your mind to it and do it.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #805
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
How true this is. Many people don't succeed only because they don't commit themselves, they have the tools and knowledge yet still don't do it. Always an excuse or I'll do it tomorrow. I think those who try and give up do so because it's hard work, no one said it was easy, you just have to put your mind to it and do it.
Might sound cheesy but...

Times during the year, when I get in a rut, I watch the Rocky movies...

"there is no tomorrow"...

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #806
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

FYI...,

If there are any runners in here I highly recommend the Mizuno Wave prophecy 2. Got mine today...first time in a long time I've been able to run without foot and shin pain.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #807
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
I weighed in at 225 this morning!! Talk about a success so far.

10 Weeks ago I was between 253-255. It has been an awesome journey. But I am still 25 pounds from my goal weight.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #808
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post

10 Weeks ago I was between 253-255. It has been an awesome journey. But I am still 25 pounds from my goal weight.

Sounds like you're well on your way, your goal is well within your reach, keep on going and you will get there.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #809
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
I decided back in January after it hit me that in one year I would be 50 that I wanted to bench press 200% of my body weight on my 50th BD, in my baseline day in early January, I weighed in at 236 and bench pressed 315 lbs, now I'm only 5'9" so it was safe to say I needed to be two inches taller to be round, but I do have natural upper body strength. Either I could get alot stronger (470+ Bench) or lose weight. I also had slightly elevated BP and cholesterol, so I chose both. As of Friday, I am now down to 194 and my bench has not been adversely effected, still at 315 with a strict competition lift, I can now run 2 miles in under 19 minutes, and all my vitals are good. My goal is to lose down into the mid 180's and then build back to low 190s, so I must get my bench near 400, I'm a little ahead of my schedule, but with the summer and work travel, it will be close. 5 days a week in the gym and a big nutrition change (Herbalife) and I'm on my way. I don't know how many HP the 40+ lbs have been worth, but I expect quicker 1/4 mile times this summer.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #810
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
I decided back in January after it hit me that in one year I would be 50 that I wanted to bench press 200% of my body weight on my 50th BD, in my baseline day in early January, I weighed in at 236 and bench pressed 315 lbs, now I'm only 5'9" so it was safe to say I needed to be two inches taller to be round, but I do have natural upper body strength. Either I could get alot stronger (470+ Bench) or lose weight. I also had slightly elevated BP and cholesterol, so I chose both. As of Friday, I am now down to 194 and my bench has not been adversely effected, still at 315 with a strict competition lift, I can now run 2 miles in under 19 minutes, and all my vitals are good. My goal is to lose down into the mid 180's and then build back to low 190s, so I must get my bench near 400, I'm a little ahead of my schedule, but with the summer and work travel, it will be close. 5 days a week in the gym and a big nutrition change (Herbalife) and I'm on my way. I don't know how many HP the 40+ lbs have been worth, but I expect quicker 1/4 mile times this summer.
That's still something to be really f'n proud of.

Not to rain on your parade, and I hope you get it, but from where you are at now, doing it without chemical enhancement, a 2x BW bench probably won't happen unless you have benched that much before.

But I will tell you, the quicker you learn (and you may already know) that the strongest muscle must be the triceps, then the upper back and rear delts the quicker you will get stronger in the bench. I wish you good luck!!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #811
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post

You are doing am awesome job! Keep it up!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #812
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
That's still something to be really f'n proud of.

Not to rain on your parade, and I hope you get it, but from where you are at now, doing it without chemical enhancement, a 2x BW bench probably won't happen unless you have benched that much before.

But I will tell you, the quicker you learn (and you may already know) that the strongest muscle must be the triceps, then the upper back and rear delts the quicker you will get stronger in the bench. I wish you good luck!!
No chemicals in the plan, many years ago, my personal best was 385 raw in a competition. I feel strong, I think only injury will keep me from it, I don't seem to recover as quickly now. I'm all tri's can't grow a bicep to save my life...
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote