Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
i will hopefully have around 20-30k cash. i hope i can have them begging for my business
Old 03-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #16
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Internet age boys and girls. General car buying tips:

Go to Edmunds or KBB and get your invoice price and any incentives. Contact 3-5 dealers in your area with the specific options you want and ask them how much below invoice can they give you (minus any incentives). One or more will usually give you the price you want. By the time you walk into the dealer you already have the price in email of your car and your financing already in hand. Then its just sign and drive. Unless you have a trade-in and then get ready to haggle (check it’s value at KBB or Edmunds or a Carmax if you have one near you).

I’ve purchased my last 3 cars via the internet and always gotten below invoice and had the price in hand before entering the dealer.

If you come into a dealer not knowing/having all of these things you are looking to get robbed:

1. Invoice including destination of the car
2. Current incentives including marketing support, cash to customer or finance rates
3. Your own approved financing (local bank or online bank check like capitalone.com)
4. Trade-in value of your car on KBB, Edmunds, Carmax, NADA, price your vehicle is selling locally at dealers (bargaining point).
I think you need to clarify the terminology. When I hear "invoice" I always assume dealer invoice which is what the dealer pays for the car. Sticker price is the manufacturer's MSRP on the window sticker. I've never heard MSRP referred to as invoice price, but maybe things are different in other places/times.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #17
david068513
Z28Kid

Drives: 1992 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitson View Post
I agree. A dealership has onlde one purpose and that is to seperate you from your money. Sit down and I will tell you a little story. Feb 2006 I was looking for the wife a new car. She finally decided she wanted a G6 GTP. Went to pontiac.com to price the car, the I started calling dealerships. 1st one said $34.9k ($2k over msrp) cause it was a "Limited Edition". I hung up on his lame ass. 2nd was right on msrp, but when I showd up to test drive the car, the had put the base V6 wheels on it. That was a deal breaker. anyway after much frustration I wound calling Jim Hardman pontiac in gainsville, ga. Internet manager(can't remember his name) said that it was in stock. I told him that I get the supplier discount. He said forget about the discout, that he could do better than that. I drove home in the exact car my wife wanted for a little over $6,000 UNDER msrp. Moral=Deal with the internet manager over the phone. Screw the salsmen.
LOL I live in Gainesville GA and almost bought a GTO there.
david068513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #18
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by david068513 View Post
LOL I live in Gainesville GA and almost bought a GTO there.
Yeah, I was drooling over a GTO they had on the lot while I was there to pick up the G6. They cut me a really good deal and I would recommend them to everyone. I wonder If they could order a new Camaro for me when the time comes? I would gladly make the 4 hour drive again.
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #19
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
I dont think your are getting a car under invioce no matter haow hard you try
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #20
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Agreed, under invoice is damn near impossible to swing. That means the dealer is losing money on it.

Under Sticker (MSRP) it feasible though. Especially with a good dealer and a supplier discount (yay me).
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Hopefully they will make enough in the first 2 years to compensate for the high mark up on the new ones. Remember when the Mustang came out it was well over 28k for the v6 and 35+ for the GT. Now they are a little more reasonable. Still fbodfather and GM keep saying it will be affordable for the general population. For me that means mid 20's base V6 and mid 30's top of the line.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
Hopefully they will make enough in the first 2 years to compensate for the high mark up on the new ones. Remember when the Mustang came out it was well over 28k for the v6 and 35+ for the GT. Now they are a little more reasonable. Still fbodfather and GM keep saying it will be affordable for the general population. For me that means mid 20's base V6 and mid 30's top of the line.
remember the price is right game, "higher or lower?"............

"LOWER"....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i hate listening to salesmen. most of them sell cars and they know nothing about the cars. i have so many stories where i went and looked at 4th gen ls1 camaro's and i ask what year ans the sales man tell me 04-05 and then they go get their information book when i tell them they stopped making them in 02.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #24
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Yeah I'm pretty sure by the time I can buy this I'm going to know waaaaaay more then the salesman selling it.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #25
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
the salesmen dont even know because they get fired for not selling. everytime i talk to one here they are new. ill be at a honda dealer and ask wut the guys drives and its a mustang. go to toyota and he drives a nissan go to saturn and he has a magnum. WTF?!?

p.s. i only went to those places because thats all i could afford at the time... GOOD THING I WAITED.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #26
camarocrazy28

Drives: 2013 SS
If the sticker for the V-8 is going to be 40k GM needs to reconsider whether or no it wants to build Camaros for more than a few years. Fortunately, most of the dealer clowns know far less than we do and I doubt the sticker for a V-8 will be 40k. Maybe 40k for an ultra hi-po SS or Z-28 with supercharger, but not for the base V-8. I think it will 30-35k. Again, if it isn't, the Mustang has the Camaro beat price wise and the Camaro simply will not sell enough to compete. And then it'll be 2002 all over again.
camarocrazy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #27
HampsterToast
Junior Member = New Guy

Drives: 87 Camaro blew up! Now 91 RS
Location: Sunny San Diego - Worlds most Camaro friendly climate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
the salesmen dont even know because they get fired for not selling. everytime i talk to one here they are new. ill be at a honda dealer and ask wut the guys drives and its a mustang. go to toyota and he drives a nissan go to saturn and he has a magnum. WTF?!?

p.s. i only went to those places because thats all i could afford at the time... GOOD THING I WAITED.

That answer is.... True
HampsterToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #28
BalzOnYer4Head
Best First Post Ever! :)

Drives: F-150
Ugggh the mark up. Has anyone tried buying a car from the official manufacturer website? Ya know, how you can "build your own"? I wonder if anyone here has done that and if so what kind of experience is that?
BalzOnYer4Head is offline   Reply With Quote