Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #43
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Bodih = grow a pair. None of the stuff you suggested works.

I got 2 from a guy who parks in my work lot, the last one was witnessed by someone who also parks in the lot. He doesn't park next to me anymore.

If I found a big honkin' ding like yours well let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if they also had one before I left.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #44
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
Yes, I'd give her a good payback, much better than I received . In tenn. we have uninsured motorist insurance, which covers that parking lot hit .my mother used it once, she came out of wal-mart to find a large dent. Talk to the body shop owner he can cover the deductible ..
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #45
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
sorry to see that ....it hasn't happen to my camaro but at one time i owned an new grandprix hadnt had it a whole 24hr yet went into krogers came out just in time to see a lady push a shopping cart into the driver door denting the hell out of it. when she was confronted with what she did she said im not paying for that cause it was already there.followed her to her car and smashed a cart into her door taking off the mirror while she watched ....thankfully my temp tag fell off so noway to track me...pay back was sweet
Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
if you win!
If not you pay court costs!
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #47
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
Some of you people make me shake my head.

Seriously complaining about people parking next to you? Maybe they figure that since you went out of your way to park 500 feet away from the nearest car, that you will be more careful than everyone else, so they feel safe parking next to you, for the same reason that you park away from other people.

Or, maybe they're just thinking, "Seriously, dude?" And they park next to you because they think you need to get over thinking that your car needs to have its own VIP parking spot.

Either way, is it that big of a deal? You guys make your cars out to be targets when you park all by yourself, or take up two parking spots.
Yes it's a big deal. It's sheer idiocy that if you're going to park on the far side of the lot to park next to someone. Why the F do that instead of parking away from others? Isn't that the point of parking on the far side?

And seeing that someone parked on the far side, do you really need to be an assh*le and park next to him given that he obviously doesn't want anyone to?

It's this attitude that needs to be stamped out. It's the same attitude as those people who hog the left lane because they feel that they're in the right even if it pisses everyone off.

Last edited by rez333; 08-29-2012 at 03:49 PM.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb040 View Post
sorry to see that ....it hasn't happen to my camaro but at one time i owned an new grandprix hadnt had it a whole 24hr yet went into krogers came out just in time to see a lady push a shopping cart into the driver door denting the hell out of it. when she was confronted with what she did she said im not paying for that cause it was already there.followed her to her car and smashed a cart into her door taking off the mirror while she watched ....thankfully my temp tag fell off so noway to track me...pay back was sweet

What did the lady say/do when you did that?

A long time ago, you would just get a punch in the face or a dagger in your kidneys if you pissed people off like that. The problem with modern society is that you have psychopaths running around who have absolutely no regard for their fellow man and think nothing of acting anti-socially. They need a Norris roundhouse to the temple or a shopping cart in their door to learn a lesson.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #49
BamaCommando
Roll Tide Roll!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
OP, contact your insurer with the info you have. Doesn't matter if it is below the deductible, they can still find out who the other party is with the tag info and their insurance company. Contact their insurer and make a claim yourself against them. Present them with the evidence and be ready to prove your point with them. Give them an opportunity to do the right thing and if they balk, advise them you will pursue small claims and they will have to defend their policyholder in court. It will be worth it to the insurer to pay the claim on behalf of their policyholder rather than go through the expense of defending them in a losing battle. I am in the industry and know what I speak of.

Order number NGCC3D
1100 (Preliminary order accepted): 12/19/08
3000 (Order accepted by production control): 6/30/09
3100 (Order available to sequence):?
3300 (Order scheduled for production):?
3400 (Order broadcast):7/20/09
3800 (Order produced):7/28/09
4200 (shipped):7/30/09
HOME 8/12/09
The slowest 7 months and 3 weeks in history.
BamaCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #50
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
Yes it's a big deal. It's sheer idiocy that if you're going to park on the far side of the lot to park next to someone. Why the F do that instead of parking away from others? Isn't that the point of parking on the far side?

And seeing that someone parked on the far side, do you really need to be an assh*le and park next to him given that he obviously doesn't want anyone to?

It's this attitude that needs to be stamped out. It's the same attitude as those people who hog the left lane because they feel they they're in the right even if it pisses everyone off.
So, you're saying that people shouldn't do things just because you don't want them to, even though it's perfectly legal and morally acceptable to park in any open parking spot?
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #51
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wow, they must've swung that bitch WAY out to get ya... Pricks.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #52
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
So, you're saying that people shouldn't do things just because you don't want them to, even though it's perfectly legal and morally acceptable to park in any open parking spot?
Well you're right, acting like a d*ck isn't illegal, but acting like a d*ck may also come w/ repercussions.

Here's an example: If you go out of your way just to park next to me when I choose to park in BFE in order to keep inconsiderate people from damaging my property, when it's obvious that I care about it enough to park away from others, esp. if I'm legally parked in one spot.... you shouldn't also be upset if someone disagrees w/ you doing so, and then chooses to crease your QP w/ a boot kick, in order to prevent that obnoxious behavior from being repeated.

A wise man would say, you brought that on yourself.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Well you're right, acting like a d*ck isn't illegal, but acting like a d*ck may also come w/ repercussions.

Here's an example: If you go out of your way just to park next to me when I choose to park in BFE in order to keep inconsiderate people from damaging my property, when it's obvious that I care about it enough to park away from others, esp. if I'm legally parked in one spot.... you shouldn't also be upset if someone disagrees w/ you doing so, and then chooses to crease your QP w/ a boot kick, in order to prevent that obnoxious behavior from being repeated.

A wise man would say, you brought that on yourself.
How? What if a fellow Camaro owner parked next to you? Would you think he did it to be a dick, or because he knew that you are careful with your car, so you obviously won't be dinging his - as he won't be dinging yours?

Now, what if that same Camaro driver happened to be driving a different car? Automatically, he's being a dick? He might just think that parking next to you gives him a better chance of not getting dinged, since you obviously care about your car.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #54
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
I feel your pain. This just happened to me as well. If I'd have seen it happen, I'd have killed them.
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #55
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
How? What if a fellow Camaro owner parked next to you? Would you think he did it to be a dick, or because he knew that you are careful with your car, so you obviously won't be dinging his - as he won't be dinging yours?

Now, what if that same Camaro driver happened to be driving a different car? Automatically, he's being a dick? He might just think that parking next to you gives him a better chance of not getting dinged, since you obviously care about your car.

That isn't even close to what you implied earlier when you posted:

Quote:
Or, maybe they're just thinking, "Seriously, dude?" And they park next to you because they think you need to get over thinking that your car needs to have its own VIP parking spot.
I'm going to go ahead and assume you're just trying to antagonize people at this point for whatever reason b/c it seems like you're trying to start an argument intentionally. You might succeed, but it won't come from me.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #56
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
What a major asshole

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote