Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #141
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
As you know where working on the my link, but here we where talking of the OP unit.
Thanks for the clarification. As I previously stated, I'm interested.
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #142
jordi cami

Drives: camaro 2ss inferno orange
But sosche and metra kit. No have diferents models for diferents years.
The kit is 2010-up.
This companies don't have problems with can bus?
jordi cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #143
Jason@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jason@Phastek
Hi Guys, we are looking into these as well. We should have one here soon so we can test it on a 2010 Camaro.
Jason@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #144
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Phastek Performance View Post
Hi Guys, we are looking into these as well. We should have one here soon so we can test it on a 2010 Camaro.
so you guys might sell them?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #145
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
To all of those who are not talking about the head unit of this thread, please start your own and stop clogging up this one. It is frustrating trying to weed through your personal conversations. This thread is not about a Scosche kit or a Metra kit or some harness someone is making for my link.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #146
chris7488

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic1961 View Post
Here is the invoice for the unit, the one for custom is just $200.00 total.
Have you installed it yet ?
chris7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #147
electronic1961

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS M6
I have installed the unit. works great. had some issues in the beginning but i figured it all out. finished the install last night and as the radio is advertised it works just like it was shown in other videos online. I have a few pictures of the unit installed and I have a picture of the old setup with the metra faceplate install. the buttons feel more oem than the metra buttons feeling sticky or stuck sometimes. I really like how the unit is designed and works. audio has instant startup from last player being used ie, radio or music player while the radio is still booting you have music playing. I have the backup camera installed aswell and the quality of the backup camera is good. sound quality is like oem radio quality. I am still using the factory boston acoustic am and all the speakers too. I will have a video later on as I get used to the radio and figure out all the settings and apps. the brightness of the screen is pretty bright but can be adjusted in the settings to be darker. for now I am satisfied with the radio but as I said need to go through all the settings and apps and setup the radio to my liking before I make a video. I had to install one app from the app store that starts up automatically at startup because some apps force the screen to rotate as they do on android phones. that was the only things I had to do so far. the one installed from factory has to be opened manually each time the radio starts up. also one downfall when sitting in the driver seat the oil pressure gauge is partially blocked by the left dial knob on the radio because the unit is bigger than factory. also the steering wheel buttons function like factory.
Attached Images

Last edited by electronic1961; 11-03-2013 at 02:09 PM.
electronic1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #148
chris7488

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic1961 View Post
I have installed the unit. works great. had some issues in the beginning but i figured it all out. finished the install last night and as the radio is advertised it works just like it was shown in other videos online. I have a few pictures of the unit installed and I have a picture of the old setup with the metra faceplate install. the buttons feel more oem than the metra buttons feeling sticky or stuck sometimes. I really like how the unit is designed and works. audio has instant startup from last player being used ie, radio or music player while the radio is still booting you have music playing. I have the backup camera installed aswell and the quality of the backup camera is good. sound quality is like oem radio quality. I am still using the factory boston acoustic am and all the speakers too. I will have a video later on as I get used to the radio and figure out all the settings and apps. the brightness of the screen is pretty bright but can be adjusted in the settings to be darker. for now I am satisfied with the radio but as I said need to go through all the settings and apps and setup the radio to my liking before I make a video. I had to install one app from the app store that starts up automatically at startup because some apps force the screen to rotate as they do on android phones. that was the only things I had to do so far. the one installed from factory has to be opened manually each time the radio starts up. also one downfall when sitting in the driver seat the oil pressure gauge is partially blocked by the left dial knob on the radio because the unit is bigger than factory. also the steering wheel buttons function like factory.

Looks great
Old 11-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #149
mjross

Looks great.......... However, is it just the picture or do I see a pretty significant gap in the fitment? I'm hoping it is just the camera angle. I'm really wanting to like this unit.

Peace,

Mj
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #150
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjross View Post
Looks great.......... However, is it just the picture or do I see a pretty significant gap in the fitment? I'm hoping it is just the camera angle. I'm really wanting to like this unit.

Peace,

Mj
Your talking about the left side (drivers side) right? That's what I noticed as well. Looking forward to the video of this.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #151
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Your talking about the left side (drivers side) right? That's what I noticed as well. Looking forward to the video of this.
Yes! If you look close (enlarge the pic) something does not appear to fit correctly. Hope it is not anything major. This appeared to be the answer.

Peace,

Mj
Old 11-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #152
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjross View Post
Yes! If you look close (enlarge the pic) something does not appear to fit correctly. Hope it is not anything major. This appeared to be the answer.

Peace,

Mj

doesn't look like a fitment issue, looks like some type of curve in the design of the bezel .

looking at the Metra above it, it has a similar curve to the design..
Old 11-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #153
chris7488

Did all the functions disappear like the door open chime and the doors locking automatically when moving ect.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #154
XxantichargerxX

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
I hope this works for 2010. Would love to get this

2010 Camaro LS Silver Ice Metallic. SLP loudmouth Exhaust, Injen intake, RK sport front valance, RS Headlights,
GM heritage Grille, Foglights, AAC white halo Foglight, SS rims and tires, Showstopper Sidemarker, RK sport Spoiler,
LED dome & plate light, Rear blacked out painted matte black, Roof painted gloss black, more to come!
XxantichargerxX is offline   Reply With Quote