Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
Kicker 10" L7 install

It really isn't that bad. Installing the sub and the amp didn't turn out exactly how i wanted it to but i think that it is not so much the way it was installed but the components. So, as most people know, the amp for the speakers is on the drivers' side in the trunk which is really easy to get to. All you have to do unscrew to trunk netting holders and the plastic piece pops right off. After that the only thing holding the amp in is one 10mm bolt. After looking at the wiring diagram on the forum i decided to splice into the low freq speaker wire from one of the rear speakers, the amp splits the signal into a high and low freqs for the 6x9s in the back. Then i split the amp turn on wire which is the white wire all by itself on the third wiring harness for my amp turn on. The battery is already back there so running a power wire was easy enough, i did have to cut a piece out of the Styrofoam wheel looking thingy to make it fit gain due to the fuze. I grounded the amp to bolt where the amp is attached to the trunk wall and then ran the spliced speaker wire into the my amp. I mounted the amp on the back of the enclosure. The sub is not very loud and i am not sure if it is because of the weak signal or because the enclosure is wired with 4ohm speaker wire. I am using a kicker 750 watt mono black amp so i am unsure if the impedance is keeping the boom down or the signal. I will rewire the box with 2 ohm wire and report back. It does still make a nice sound and reacts real nice to real low freqs.
Attached Images

klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
nice i have alpine 500 watt with 2 10' in mtx thunders 4500 series put in a week ago
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
How well do you hear it in your trunk?
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
I have to tune it a bit but when it hits those low freqs you can def feel it, and its a real crisp sound, no rattling so far.
klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
is the green wire negative and the blue w/black stripe positive?

also you grounded the amp to the factory amp?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
This is a long shot but would you be able to take a video clip if possible with the system turned up? I just wanna hear what starts rattling first besides the car doors, the trunk lid or license plate lol. I got 4 10" Premier Shallows being mounted along the walls in the trunk. Now I'm confusing myself with those back speakers because I dont just want lows or highs when taking signal off the amp, I want both!

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
This is a long shot but would you be able to take a video clip if possible with the system turned up? I just wanna hear what starts rattling first besides the car doors, the trunk lid or license plate lol. I got 4 10" Premier Shallows being mounted along the walls in the trunk. Now I'm confusing myself with those back speakers because I dont just want lows or highs when taking signal off the amp, I want both!

Shaun
I already have an answer for ya...the rear view mirror is the first to rattle. I put a JL 10W3V2 in my 1SS and get rattle on the mirror, but if I hold it with my hand I hear no other rattles. Everything else feels tight.

Also, I didn't get the BA system so I had to pull my signal from the rear 6x9's and luckily my amp already has a high-level input with auto-turn on circuit, so I didn't need a remote wire.

Looks like a clean install, klove ....one question though - where did you mount your amp for the sub? Right now mine is on the trunk floor on the right side unmounted. I'm too indecisive to commit to a mounting spot.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
well some of you guys should look into the bit one processor for your system, when i get the money i will show you a nice clean install, also make sure you have your amps tuned for the freq you want, you will not always get both i have a single 12" hertz installed in my tc with 155 watts pushing it and it is clean and loud, i have proof i showed it off at the first meet we had at camino real, so it all depends on your box and set up. also the head unt does make a diff cause you need the volts also for the amp, more volts better sound. my car the head unit is pushing 4volts it says five but its not
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Five volts is excellent
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote