Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
dpslugger12

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
The allocation game...

I've been trying to get a ZL1 for about two months now. I went to my local dealership and told them what I want. They said great we are getting an allocation in a few days. I was pumped. They told me 6-8 weeks. So I went and sold my SS and got ready for the ZL1. They called me back about a month later and said they are receiving a convertible instead of a coupe like I wanted.. But they assured me I am THE GUY in line for the next Z. So then a week or so later they called back and said they got another allocation and it's mine.

How do these allocations work? Is there any chance they might not get the ZL1 how I want it again? Also, is the nav off constraint?

Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited by dpslugger12; 08-26-2012 at 05:10 PM.
dpslugger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
dpslugger12

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
bump! Can anyone help me?
dpslugger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Allocation is just dumb. Anyone who wants one should be able to order a sold order regardless of stupid allocations. Whoever came up with that idea needs to re-think it before losing too many more customers.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
The Nav is off constraint yes

But the black wheels and ECF hood are on constraint - 185 of the hood and 212 of the wheels.

With regards allocation it's luck of the draw - dealerships know how many ZL1s they will get between July - December in total, but they don't know when they get them.

So for example they might know they are getting 2, but they might have to wait until December for both, and until the time comes they won't know.

Once a month the dealerships will be told how many they can order that month - last Thursday was the August cycle, so if your call came on Thursday or later it probably means your dealership has one available for this month.

Good Luck - I've been waiting months - allocations suck!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpslugger12 View Post
I've been trying to get a ZL1 for about two months now. I went to my local dealership and told them what I want. They said great we are getting an allocation in a few days. I was pumped. They told me 6-8 weeks. So I went and sold my SS and got ready for the ZL1. They called me back about a month later and said they are receiving a convertible instead of a coupe like I wanted.. But they assured me I am THE GUY in line for the next Z. So then a week or so later they called back and said they got another allocation and it's mine.

How do these allocations work? Is there any chance they might not get the ZL1 how I want it again? Also, is the nav off constraint?

I was at dealer on Saturday to place an order for a Vert and was told that only ECF was on constraint. It was the only allocation they have for now. The salesman told me that of they order the car with an option on constraint, the order could get passed up and they could lose the allocation. I ended up declining the offer and told him he could give the allocation to someone else. The sticking points for me were the constraint issue and the non-refundable deposit.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I personally like the black hood insert better than the ECF. Glad mine came with it.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
WaltersElklandChevy WEC
ELKLAND CHEVY

Drives: New Chevy's
allocation math

I'm a Chevy dealer and I can tell you first hand that the allocation system Chevy has has NO bearing on the ZL1's at all. Each dealer received a letter back in May or June that told them how many ZL1's they were guarrantied for the 2013 model year. In my case it was one. No dates were given on production time, just the number guarrantied. So a dealer is unable to tell you when your order will be built until the allocation has been placed in their system OR if their Chevy rep is nice enough to do some research for the dealer.

It's my understanding every Chevy dealership got at least one ZL1 for the model year 2013, some got more based on there past Camaro sales. It's my hope for my dealership that by delivering the ZL1's I've been allocated as quick as they come in, then I will earn more than my alloted one, BUT I would never promise a second one to a customer until I get that allocation.

Bottom line is to ask the dealership how many they have been allocated. If they say one, and they have already sold one than there is no guarranty you will get one, a slight chance, but no guarranty.

Again, the normal Chevy allocation does not apply to these ZL1's. This is a very special car and Chevy is purposely not flodding the market with them. It's been very frustrationg to dealerships who have customers that want to buy cars and can't get them (selling cars is how we pay the bills) AND its very frustrating for customers who want a vehicle and can't get one.

No good answer on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpslugger12 View Post

WaltersElklandChevy WEC is offline   Reply With Quote