Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Christmas / Black Friday delays?

I placed an order back on Nov 11th for some suspension upgrades. I ordered a set of Pedders radius rod bushing inserts and steering rack bushings as well as a complete set of Pfadt sways/endlinks and a toe rod/trailing arm package. So far I have encountered some serious delays with both manufactures due to backorders and/or supplier delays.

At the time I ordered, I was told it would be about a week for everything to be sent to the vendor, then they would ship it to me. Since then I have received an email per week saying that something else is being delayed. At first it was that they couldn't get in contact with Pedders (ongoing). Then they said Pfadt wouldn't be in stock until the 2nd because the toe/trailing packages were being manufactured. Then on the 3rd they said the Pfadt stuff should go out "any day now" with still no word from Pedders. On the 6th, the update was that the Pfadt stuff should probably be sent by the end of next week (by the 13th) and that they have received confirmation from Pedders that the order has been placed, but no ETA on the parts.

At this point, if the parts aren't shipped by the end of the week, I'm tempted to just cancel the order and ask for a refund. Something is seriously wrong if I'm making a credit card payment on the parts before I receive the parts.

I'm not really wanting to out the vendor as it seems it's beyond their control (outside of the fact they didn't know the status of the parts they're selling).

Who else is floating $ on orders that they weren't expecting to? Is this normal for this time of year?

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
As a retailer and a customer, it is frustratingly common this time of year (I am waiting on parts I bought for my car on Black Friday too). Every year it seems like many of the manufacturers forget what happens in the second half of November and do not do anything to prepare for it. You are dealing with reputable companies, however, so canceling your order is really just going to delay your getting the parts even longer. Not to mention that you probably received a Black Friday discount that you would be forfeiting if you canceled and re-ordered them later when inventory was more readily available.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

^^^ It's just VERY frustrating when you purposefully choose products from reputable companies (despite cheaper alternatives), and then you're strung-along for weeks at a time.

I made 3 purchases through 3 different reputable Gold Level sponsors in early November, all for brand-name products. Out of the 3, I've only received packages from 2, one of which was missing necessary installation parts that I'm still trying to get (no communication since the day the original item was shipped). I'm at a 33% satisfaction level so far, meanwhile I'm making credit card payments on over $3,400 worth of parts...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Kuo246

Drives: Summit white 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
As a retailer and a customer, it is frustratingly common this time of year (I am waiting on parts I bought for my car on Black Friday too). Every year it seems like many of the manufacturers forget what happens in the second half of November and do not do anything to prepare for it. You are dealing with reputable companies, however, so canceling your order is really just going to delay your getting the parts even longer. Not to mention that you probably received a Black Friday discount that you would be forfeiting if you canceled and re-ordered them later when inventory was more readily available.
Chase i agree 100% and working with you guys is great becasue of your communication!!
the biggest issue is the lack of communication from the manufacturer that would tick me off, if i was the OP i would wait on the PFADT stuff because youre getting good updates so no need to cancel but the communication with pedders is another story.

Ive been trying to work with them for over 6 weeks now, i get an automated email stating that the order was placed and parts were in stock but nothing from them since, ive called and left mulitple voicemails and emails (got one email back stating items were in stock) and even PM justice pete (and i understand hes busy but come on).. not knocking their products either, they are great but if they wont answer their phones for a vendor that spends tens/hunders of thousands of dollars, what kind of support do you think i will get?

cant even get a hold of them to do a refund i had to call my CC company fraud dept.

Holiday delays are to be expected but IMHO communication is the key to a satisfied customer!!
Kuo246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Kuo246

Drives: Summit white 2SS
^^ yes sir multiple times, no reply
Totally understand delays due to inventory,weather, employee vacations etc but the lack of communication after they received my hard earned money is ridiculous.
The thing that me and the OP have in common is that Now we are paying interest on my credit card but I have nothing to show for it is an extra slap in the face

Last edited by Kuo246; 12-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Kuo246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Now almost everything I ordered from Pfadt is backordered until early next year too.

F-this. Order cancelled. I'll worry about getting parts when manufacturers actually have parts to sell...

Bumblebee Racecar Build