Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #617
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
it may handle like an animal, but I want something that is god like in the curves.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #618
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The tough question for Chevrolet is if the Z/28 will take units away from the ZL1 and or the SS with no net increase in overall sales. Ford has offered so many versions of the Mustang I have lost count and yet the Camaro with no Vert out sold the Mustang. With the Vert and SS it is out selling the Mustang again. That brings us to the ZL1. Not every ZL1 buyer would have been a SS buyer. That means we are in the plus column for sales.

Now we have to work our magic on the Z/28. Price point is certainly a key component, but what other features of the Z/28 will draw in buyers from Ford and a wide range of imports? An LS7 is certainly a draw. I would love to list my Supercar Coilovers, but that won't happen. The ZL1 will be a road course animal based on my inside source BUT we need to find ways to make the Z/28 stand out. Maybe just the allure of the LS7 and a special wheel and tire fitment would be enough. We take the FE4 and run with it. Brembo makes a two piece front rotor for the CTS-V, maybe we use those and a few other 'lightweight' off the shelf bits.

There is a perfect blend formula. We and Chevrolet just need to work on it.
Good points Pete, but not every Z/28 buyer would have been a ZL1 buyer.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #619
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I'd buy the ZL1, but the $$$$$ are too high, and I prefer it to be NA. The LS7 would push me to the Z28 even more. If the ZL1 had the LS7 I would go there if no Z28 appeared.
So am I the only one that feels this way???

Another point; I hope GM doesn't believe that the Camaro fever will continue to grow without continued excitement, ie a Z**
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #620
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
Good points Pete, but not every Z/28 buyer would have been a ZL1 buyer.
That is music to Chevrolet's ears. They want every Camaro buyer they can find.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #621
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
it may handle like an animal, but I want something that is god like in the curves.
That is what Pete is talking about when he states it will be a road coarse animal.... That's what a road coarse is.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #622
JusticePete

Don't brake until you see God is for average drivers. The hard core drivers visit God in every turn stopping just short of staying with Him.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #623
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The tough question for Chevrolet is if the Z/28 will take units away from the ZL1 and or the SS with no net increase in overall sales. Ford has offered so many versions of the Mustang I have lost count and yet the Camaro with no Vert out sold the Mustang. With the Vert and SS it is out selling the Mustang again. That brings us to the ZL1. Not every ZL1 buyer would have been a SS buyer. That means we are in the plus column for sales.

Now we have to work our magic on the Z/28. Price point is certainly a key component, but what other features of the Z/28 will draw in buyers from Ford and a wide range of imports? An LS7 is certainly a draw. I would love to list my Supercar Coilovers, but that won't happen. The ZL1 will be a road course animal based on my inside source BUT we need to find ways to make the Z/28 stand out. Maybe just the allure of the LS7 and a special wheel and tire fitment would be enough. We take the FE4 and run with it. Brembo makes a two piece front rotor for the CTS-V, maybe we use those and a few other 'lightweight' off the shelf bits.

There is a perfect blend formula. We and Chevrolet just need to work on it.
Pete, I am going to stick to my opinion that when the Z28 shows up, most likely in the new lighter chassis, the ZL1 will be gone. I could be really off base with this but I think that the ZL1 will be on this chassis only until the new chassis arrives, basically only a 2 to 3 year car. When the 6th Gen. Camaro arrives the Z28 will appear and will not compete head to head with the ZL1 in direct sales. There are a lot of people out there that want the Z28 to be the lighter track car and I hope they get exactly what they want. For me, the ZL1 is exactly what I wanted. If I had to pick between the ZL1 as currently being shown and a lighter more nimble track Z28 car, I would pick the ZL1 but that is just me.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #624
Fightinfire921

Time will tell.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #625
Fightinfire921

Last one
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #626
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
Time will tell.
Finally get the picture you want?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #627
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
That is what Pete is talking about when he states it will be a road coarse animal.... That's what a road coarse is.
really? I thought it was some mythical being. seriously now.

I visit god and the devil in every curve. they both kicked me out.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #628
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Pete, I am going to stick to my opinion that when the Z28 shows up, most likely in the new lighter chassis, the ZL1 will be gone. I could be really off base with this but I think that the ZL1 will be on this chassis only until the new chassis arrives, basically only a 2 to 3 year car. When the 6th Gen. Camaro arrives the Z28 will appear and will not compete head to head with the ZL1 in direct sales. There are a lot of people out there that want the Z28 to be the lighter track car and I hope they get exactly what they want. For me, the ZL1 is exactly what I wanted. If I had to pick between the ZL1 as currently being shown and a lighter more nimble track Z28 car, I would pick the ZL1 but that is just me.
Not just you, I also feel this way The bold statement is where I disagree slightly. I don't think there are a lot of people caring about a light "track car". very few people take there vehicle to the road course.:( what a shame.... they have NO IDEA what they are missing, even with the 2SS
Old 07-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #629
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
really? I thought it was some mythical being. seriously now.

I visit god and the devil in every curve. they both kicked me out.
well, then your request and statement for something that is "god like in the corners" doesn't make since.

how often do you do track days? where at?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #630
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I understand your logic while knowing that your opinion is not what some Z/28 fans want to hear.

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro