Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Why are we waiting on Z, Where's STS?

Wouldn't you think they would be advertising like crazy, that they have finished their product, start shipping, and showing performance numbers for ther TC? Am I missing something
Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
I agree. I hope I can deliver what everyone is expecting. Not sure what will happen if my kit falls short of 400 rwhp.

It should be noted that STS sells kits for a lot of different applications and are selling the twins for our SS brothers. From what I gather, they are doing well selling what they already have and don't necessarily go out and advertise for each new application that they make. Seems their real following is in Corvette and Truck applications. STS seems to be one of those companies that people either hate them or love them. They don't go out of there way to try to convince anyone otherwise.

I assume everyone wants to see the results are repeatable. I think the whole AACS fiasco with the 15 sec. time slips is causing most of the hesitation with the kit. Clearly the kit fits, now its just confirming how much performance gets added? I will say the V6-ers are a much tougher crowd. Hopefully I'll get some clarity this week!
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Maurdib

We are just lucky to have you Z as STS should be doing most of the talking now one would think
Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
I agree. I hope I can deliver what everyone is expecting. Not sure what will happen if my kit falls short of 400 rwhp.
I'm eager to see some dynos. I'm expecting to see in the neighborhood of 350rwhp. If I'm being too conservative, it will be a nice surprise!
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
We are just lucky to have you Z as STS should be doing most of the talking now one would think
As someone who has a sales and customer service background, I'm very disappointed that STS hasn't been pointing to your car as a member who has installed their kit and is very happy with it. I almost feel like they expect you to sell their kit for them.

We are, however, very fortunate to have STS working on our cars. So far, their builds have a good reputation. I'd rather have engineers build me a turbo kit than salespeople, so I can forgive their lack of salesmanship.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
I'm eager to see some dynos. I'm expecting to see in the neighborhood of 350rwhp. If I'm being too conservative, it will be a nice surprise!
Agree. I'm thinking 350-375 and I will be happy. Still waiting on the meth kit which I hope takes me to the 400 mark. That would be cool.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
As someone who has a sales and customer service background, I'm very disappointed that STS hasn't been pointing to your car as a member who has installed their kit and is very happy with it. I almost feel like they expect you to sell their kit for them.

We are, however, very fortunate to have STS working on our cars. So far, their builds have a good reputation. I'd rather have engineers build me a turbo kit than salespeople, so I can forgive their lack of salesmanship.
I agree. When I talked to Andrew at STS a few weeks ago, I got the impression like Z did, they are content with their level of business and will let word of mouth do the promoting. Frankly, I'd rather deal with a company that does that, than one that promotes a product that they don't have complete and have no idea when they will have it done.

Apparently, they have had one of these kits installed in a local car since January of this year and it sounded like it was a daily driver with no issues whatsoever. Not sure if Vince was working on the tune that far back but makes you wonder.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
Maurdib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
I agree. When I talked to Andrew at STS a few weeks ago, I got the impression like Z did, they are content with their level of business and will let word of mouth do the promoting. Frankly, I'd rather deal with a company that does that, than one that promotes a product that they don't have complete and have no idea when they will have it done.

Apparently, they have had one of these kits installed in a local car since January of this year and it sounded like it was a daily driver with no issues whatsoever. Not sure if Vince was working on the tune that far back but makes you wonder.
They should give us all the numbers for that car and let it be what it is. Then we will decide if we want to do it.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Rather have real world results (z) than pr from sts. Maybe sts will put z's testimonial on their site when z is done and satisfied.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
Maurdib

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Rather have real world results (z) than pr from sts. Maybe sts will put z's testimonial on their site when z is done and satisfied.
I don't fully agree with that, I mean if Henn or Ling give us numbers and a dyno we would beleive them, isn't STS held in pretty high regard as well?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
I don't fully agree with that, I mean if Henn or Ling give us numbers and a dyno we would beleive them, isn't STS held in pretty high regard as well?
Haven't they already put #'s out there. Time for some street, strip #'s & opinions from a customer.burnouts and dyno sheets are a good start, but we want more.The positive and negative.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
^^
this

Quote:
Haven't they already put #'s out there. Time for some street, strip #'s & opinions from a customer.burnouts and dyno sheets are a good start, but we want more.The positive and negative.
^^
and this!

Too much hype and BS in the past from some of these places. I want to see how the kit functions in the real world, not on some sales video or dyno report.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post

Aby - I remember talking to Vince at least in that time frame about turbo's and he has been the only one working on it.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
I sorta remember someone saying that Vince did the tuning on that custom twin turbo. It was tuned by him around Feb-April time frame.
I stand corrected

Last edited by CAMAR0; 07-21-2010 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Correction
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote