Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
2010 Camaro Exhaust by Bassani Xhaust

I've had the Bassani Xhaust system on my car for awhile and love it. They did a video of it with the Dyno results. If you guys are looking for a great performance exhaust system with a nice aggressive sound check out Bassani's.

bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
NewGen

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Send a message via AIM to NewGen Send a message via MSN to NewGen
those gains are jus with the exhaust?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
55tq on a cat back. I'd love to see some independent testing done on this lol. they mention in the video that they used a hyper tech tuner and a k&n cai along with it.

kind of a bogus video, like they are trying to say their catback alone provided the gains, and even then I feel the gains are a bit exaggerated. I just don't see that kind of torque gains coming without headers?

I had a bassani system on my Z and it made absolutely crap for power and was absolutely horrendous if you ever needed to adjust anything on it, so many pieces.. intake, plenum spacer, bassani dual exhaust and tune made about 20 hp over stock.. and most of that came from the plenum spacer.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
bob vogel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
55tq on a cat back. I'd love to see some independent testing done on this lol. they mention in the video that they used a hyper tech tuner and a k&n cai along with it.

kind of a bogus video, like they are trying to say their catback alone provided the gains, and even then I feel the gains are a bit exaggerated. I just don't see that kind of torque gains coming without headers?

I had a bassani system on my Z and it made absolutely crap for power and was absolutely horrendous if you ever needed to adjust anything on it, so many pieces.. intake, plenum spacer, bassani dual exhaust and tune made about 20 hp over stock.. and most of that came from the plenum spacer.
MY BAD. THE GAINS ARE WITH A TUNE / C.A.I / CAT BACK. I'LL POST THE DYNO #S AFTER I GET THERE LTH IN ABOUT 2 WEEK'S.SO FAR I'VE DONE A MAGGIE/TUNE/C.A.I / AND CAT BACK BACK.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
MY BAD. THE GAINS ARE WITH A TUNE / C.A.I / CAT BACK. I'LL POST THE DYNO #S AFTER I GET THERE LTH IN ABOUT 2 WEEK'S.SO FAR I'VE DONE A MAGGIE/TUNE/C.A.I / AND CAT BACK BACK.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I'd have to see independent testing as well. I don't see a K&N and HT tune making that much Tq. We all know that a catback doesn't make jack, over the OEM catback.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
bob vogel

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I'd have to see independent testing as well. I don't see a K&N and HT tune making that much Tq. We all know that a catback doesn't make jack, over the OEM catback.
I WELL GET BACK TO YOU IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS . THEN I CAN SHOW A BRAKE DOWN . WITH THE WORK DONE AND THE DYNOS. JUST TRYING TO HELP...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
wow.... some of the hate on this board is ridiculous.

The claims are extremely believable.... for those na-sayers about the +55 lbs of torque, i have two words for you.... "torque" "management". You guys should probably educate yourselves before you go on bashing a company that has been around for as long as bassani has. They are a fairly mainstream exhaust company, and are also the only company to offer a true dual exhaust for the 4th generation camaro, that goes all the way back (and it actually goes over the axle too, to top it off).

So 25+ hp and 55+ lbs of torque from a CAI, catback, and tune. Not only is that believable, but I'd say it's modest.

On a side note.... maybe more sound clips of the exhaust? and is it offered in a 3" version? I kind of didn't get the sound of the exhaust in the clip.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
bassanixhaust

Drives: GT500
bassanixhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
Entaille

danhr, I think you misread what I put. I was upset that they made a video about their cat back and posted those gains, and people like the OP missed the part of the video that mentions the tune and CAI. it's misleading for anyone that doesn't pay attention to the entire video.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
danhr, I think you misread what I put. I was upset that they made a video about their cat back and posted those gains, and people like myself missed the part of the video that mentions the tune and CAI. it's misleading for anyone that doesn't pay attention to the entire video. but I will jump on the opportunity to doubt a very reputable exhaust company.
fixed

Stock Longblock

Old 10-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I am huge Bassani fan..I really can't wait to try one of these exhausts on one of my cars.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Entaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
fixed
I didn't miss a damn thing, I'm the one that pointed out what the OP missed, and he's not the first to think that exhaust had outrageous claims for 'just exhaust gains' too.

.. and I had the bassani system on my 350z. the welds were crap but held together thankfully, just very sloppy looking. there were way too many separate pieces involved (installing high flow cats, changing out the diff pumpkin.. what a nightmare to get around the exhaust. essentially had to dismantle the exhaust anytime you had to work near it, which took some time.)

they never once replied to an email either, out of the few times I tried to contact them over non critical matters. I would have called if it was that big of a deal, but damn, no email support at all.

that is my experience with them. yours is obviously different, but that doesn't change my opinion or experience, so stop fanboying it up. there are always customers that receive a bad experience with any given company, just because you like them, doesn't make the experience any less valid.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #14
danhr
BAMF SS

you admittingly owned/modded a girls car.... i mean a 350z

/argument

Stock Longblock