Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Camaro_Firebird

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS black 6 speed
21 inch rim repair and tire question.

Hello all. I bought s set of 21 inch dealer option gloss black rims off craigslight for my 2010 SS/RS. The guy blew a rear tire and ran the rim for a half mile until the tire was completely gone. I have a quote from a rim repair place for $250 to fix it, but I can probably get a refurbished rim off eBay for about $500. Should I attempt to have it fixed?

The Pirelli tires on two of the other rims have two damaged spots that dinged the outside lip. The sidewall tires have a small tear you can lift up, but it's very shallow. The guy at discount tire told me if you can't see cords the tire is ok (they both hold air and have a lot of tread as these tires only have 2K miles on them). He also said the tires can't be "fixed" but ok as is. At $1000 worth of tires, I'd feel better if the tear was at least glued (maybe "glued" isn't the best word to use here). Am I wasting my time with these damaged tires, or should they be ok if i can't see cords?

Thanks

Last edited by Camaro_Firebird; 11-27-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Camaro_Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote