Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Dyno-tune

I have a simple question. Will it be worth it to have my car dyno-tuned? I know trifecta is the only tuning option when it comes to custom tunes so.... Has anyone with trifecta gone from the simple plug in tune to a dyno tune and noticed a difference? I just want to know if it would be worth it. I'm planning on getting headers soon and wanted to know if I could stick with the plug in tune or if I should splurge and do it on a dyno to get the most out of my mods. Thanx!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
when you dyno tune with trifecta, you data log the dyno pull and send it off to vince. then he sends it back to you with updates, and you do that a few times until its dialed in. but for time and money, i'd wait till you have your BBK LT's and Ported TB installed. the weakest link is getting the coordination with vince to be online as he's a very busy guy. for dyno tuning...i'd direct you're questions to bmorecam as he has extensive dyno time with vince.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Dyno tuning is very important. First of all, there's no way to tell how much air and fuel your car like under PE(power enrichment). Only way you are going to be able to dial in the AFR is on a dyno. I give you an example. The last time I was on the dyno with vince we noticed that I was running almost 14's on wot, but my car felt good. We set the AFR to around 13 and I regained about 18hp.

Dyno is a must to get everything your car deserve, but more importantly, monitoring your vehicle parameter is even more essential, especially of you are FI'ed.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
lscamaro

Ok, so you recommend a dyno tune. How would I go about doing this? Do you have to go to a shop that will work with trifecta or what?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
I'm not sure a dyno tune would do much for you at the moment. It is expensive. Your current mods would not effect the stock parameters enough to warrant a custome tune.

Just my thoughts.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
I'm not sure a dyno tune would do much for you at the moment. It is expensive. Your current mods would not effect the stock parameters enough to warrant a custome tune.

Just my thoughts.
if the op has a tune than dyno tuning is well worth it. Tuning should be done on the dyno anyway.

Also, depending where you go dyno tuning is not that expensive at all. You only need about an hour and most places charge 100 per hour. I'm sure vince wouldn't have a problem fine tuning free of charge since it is free upgrade for life.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
lscamaro

Not bad. I need a dyno tune because im installing bbk headers and the mace insulator as soon as classes end. I want to fine tune everything and make sure everything is running perfectly