Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #29
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
To those of you that messaged me the info on the suit, I thought I would let you know that the attorneys are starting to get back to those that signed up. I got my packet yesterday via email.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #30
95birdible

Wonder why the mods won't get back to me if it is ok to put the contact info for the attorney's who are taking care of the class action suit for Convertible owners. I read the bylaws and I suppose it could be classified as a gray area since they are not a sponsor or vendor of said sight.
So if you want to keep messaging me, I will keep providing it for you. Be patient I will get back to you hopefully the same day.
"Green Flash"
Old 06-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #31
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
I just emailed one of the lawfirms. I guess I'll follow up with a phone call if I don't hear back from them in a few days!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #32
95birdible

I just got my paperwork via email a few days ago. Still haven't printed it out yet and sent it in. Good luck. If you don't hear back, let me know and I will forward to the appropriate channels for you.
"Green Flash"
Old 06-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #33
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #34
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Typically the only people who make any money from a class action are the lawyers.

The big Brigs and Stratton lawsuit a few years ago got me a check for 6 bucks I think, after the lawyers were tossing out numbers like "up to $75 per qualifying mower purchased"

The UP TO is the key words there
Old 06-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #35
95birdible

I could really give a shit if I get any money. This is about principal. GM made us first owners do their R & D for them and then blamed the owners for all the problems with the tops and the leaks. I have it in writing from September 2011 from the Sales Manager of the dealership. All I personally want is an extended warranty on my top for another 5 years. Since I live in Minnesota, I will probably only put on 5k a year. Bumper to bumper will be up next April and I will be nowhere close to having 36K on this car. Or how bout in discovery GM has to release all the warranty claims on the tops, cars that were bought back, or how many were Lemon's. That would be info I would love to see.
If you have not been through the ringer like myself, Tramtoo, Nutbuttt, and others at the beginning, your tune may ring a little different.
"Green Flash"
Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #36
gglefty

IM JOINING IN.. GM IS BS!!!

Hey man... At least you got a Component Coverage Letter.. I didn't even get that which IS A BUNCH OF B.S. I'm starting a campaign because I'm fed up. I've tried the high road with GM and politely requested a CCL to which they simply replied:

Quote:
Thanks for your patience. After reviewing this situation, we are unable to grant a component coverage letter at this time.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
That's it? REALLY???? Good news is I've already started the rounds because I predicted this would happen. GM NEEDS TO STAND BY THEIR REPAIRS. NO WONDER THEY'RE GETTING THEIR ASSES SEWED.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #37
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
well stated 95Birdible,

My warranty is up very shortly....I too would like to have an extended warranty on the top...
I am taking mine to the dealer shortly to inspect the top for any wear and tear prior to the warranty expiration date.

Also, like many people that reside in the north...I put very little miles on mine....maybe 3500 miles per year approx.

I would also like to see the percentages of defective tops...that would be interesting.

also , this class action would put this problem in the media spotlight and then maybe a recall would get done...who knows???

has anyone emailed mary barra directly yet???
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #38
gglefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Typically the only people who make any money from a class action are the lawyers.

The big Brigs and Stratton lawsuit a few years ago got me a check for 6 bucks I think, after the lawyers were tossing out numbers like "up to $75 per qualifying mower purchased"

The UP TO is the key words there
That is generally true and typically I don't recommend joining a class. You can start your own action against GM. It can be started in your local jurisdiction and it will quickly move to federal court. I guess GM wants to keep their Corporate Legal Department busy!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #39
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I could really give a shit if I get any money. This is about principal. GM made us first owners do their R & D for them and then blamed the owners for all the problems with the tops and the leaks. I have it in writing from September 2011 from the Sales Manager of the dealership. All I personally want is an extended warranty on my top for another 5 years. Since I live in Minnesota, I will probably only put on 5k a year. Bumper to bumper will be up next April and I will be nowhere close to having 36K on this car. Or how bout in discovery GM has to release all the warranty claims on the tops, cars that were bought back, or how many were Lemon's. That would be info I would love to see.
If you have not been through the ringer like myself, Tramtoo, Nutbuttt, and others at the beginning, your tune may ring a little different.

Understood... just pointing that out to anyone who might be thinking they're going to get a big payout over this.

My bumper to bumper warranty is up on Saturday, I've got a couple v shaped rub marks above each door and maybe a bit more wrinkle around the rear windows than the 2014's I've looked at but nothing too serious. I don't know if this is the original top or the previous owner had it replaced, all GM would tell me is that all the "programs" had been completed on it and there were no open recalls or programs. I wouldn't mind a extended warranty on the top just for peace of mind I guess, but honestly after reading the horror stories of how badly the dealerships install and adjust these tops, I don't think I'd let them touch it and risk making it much worse.

Anyone know what a complete top frame and cloth assembly (the new revision) cost if you bought it outright? Would be nice to know that number to kinda plan for possible replacement in the future.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #40
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Understood... just pointing that out to anyone who might be thinking they're going to get a big payout over this.

My bumper to bumper warranty is up on Saturday, I've got a couple v shaped rub marks above each door and maybe a bit more wrinkle around the rear windows than the 2014's I've looked at but nothing too serious. I don't know if this is the original top or the previous owner had it replaced, all GM would tell me is that all the "programs" had been completed on it and there were no open recalls or programs. I wouldn't mind a extended warranty on the top just for peace of mind I guess, but honestly after reading the horror stories of how badly the dealerships install and adjust these tops, I don't think I'd let them touch it and risk making it much worse.

Anyone know what a complete top frame and cloth assembly (the new revision) cost if you bought it outright? Would be nice to know that number to kinda plan for possible replacement in the future.
+1
Old 06-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #41
95birdible

Last time I checked the entire mechanism with cloth was around $3500 for a 2012 top. I have been looking to see what a 2014 top with mech is and cannot find it anywhere as they are not available yet. If one could purchase or have the entire mechanism replaced at once, we wouldn't of had all these problems. Putting a new canvas and modifying the old mechanism is like putting a thong on an 80 year old.
"Green Flash"
Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #42
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Last time I checked the entire mechanism with cloth was around $3500 for a 2012 top. I have been looking to see what a 2014 top with mech is and cannot find it anywhere as they are not available yet. If one could purchase or have the entire mechanism replaced at once, we wouldn't of had all these problems. Putting a new canvas and modifying the old mechanism is like putting a thong on an 80 year old.

Not too bad I guess, I bet that price will come down once the cars get a bit older and there's more people buying parts. Would be nice if they could get that price down to 2k or so.

Last edited by Chevy_cowboy; 06-19-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Chevy_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote