Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I bought my 98 s10, 00 v6 camaro, and my 02 Z28 all at the same dealership for $200 over cost, not msrp. Then I got my wifes Sorento for $100 over cost from the Kia branch of the same dealership. And get this, I told him I would pay nothing over $200 over cost. He told me something to the effect of, "Heck, I'll give it to you for $100 over". Done. They are all hurting on sales and they just want to make the sale. Usually they will sit down with you and lay the numbers out on the table. If they don't want to show you, don't deal with them cause they're out to get you. When dealers order their cars, they order in bulk. Therefore, they don't purchase the car from the manufacturer at cost. They purchase it at a discount because they are ordering in bulk. This is why they can go quite low and still make $$. Sure, there's going to be a lot of people wanting to pick up the new Camaro. Don't let them force you into paying the high price. They will eventually make the sale. As for ordering the car...It took them about 3 weeks to deliver my special order 02 Z28. You basically sit down w/ either the sales manager (the only person I'll really deal with), or the salesman and go through all the options on the veh. Check off what you want and they place the order. I was not required to put anything down when i ordered mine. However, when it came in, I suddenly got a call that I better get to the dealership because other salesmen were already trying to sell my car which was just dropped off in the back still w/ plastic over the seats, etc. Wise idea if you put down at least $100 or so just to hold it...even if they don't ask for it. Other than that, good luck. I would not put down a dime until I know for sure what I'm ordering. GM will make plenty to go around.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #16
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
I hope that article is right. October 31 isn't too far away!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I betcha they could announce it by then. They should have enough time to get all their planning down (I hope) and be able to steal the SEMA show just like they did in the Detroit Auto Show by announcing Camaro production dates. The crappy part...I'll be in Vegas at the time and I've found I can't get in to the SEMA show because you have to be an employee of a car company or aftermarket parts co....something like that. What the heck do I have to do to see the Camaro in person?!?! Man, that would be an awesome show.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #18
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
October 31 is here...... Darn!! Ah well, back to anxiously waiting

Just gotta keep telling myself, it'll allllll be worth it!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #19
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
October 31 is here...... Darn!! Ah well, back to anxiously waiting

Just gotta keep telling myself, it'll allllll be worth it!
Ha ha, see, we all thought Oct 31 would never get here, and then just like that it is here. We just need to keep setting short goals for new information to help break down the long 2 year wait.... next goal is January at the NAIAS.

I'll be the first --- That is SOOOOO long away! lol...
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #20
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Ya you all and time will pass before you know it. And we all will have a new Camaro soon in the future.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:29 AM   #21
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
In march 99' I walked into the local dealership w/ 6k in my pocket to order a new Z28. The dealer looked at me and thought that I was joking and tried to sell me one off the lot. At the time he didn't know about the cash on hand so I let him go with his crap. He refused to order one for me thinking that I must have been as full of it as he was. After a few more annoying minutes, I pulled out my down payment and told him sorry and that I would be going elsewhere. I was 25 y/o at the time, has anyone had a similar problem when trying to order. I thought he was going to cry when I left.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 AM   #22
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
BTW, my 99' was delivered to me 5/19/99. One week past the projected date of 5/12/99 which was my B-day. So correction, I was 24. Probably good thing though, would have probably celebrated too much on my b-day to drive it home.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:53 AM   #23
$anani

Drives: chevy s10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I betcha they could announce it by then. They should have enough time to get all their planning down (I hope) and be able to steal the SEMA show just like they did in the Detroit Auto Show by announcing Camaro production dates. The crappy part...I'll be in Vegas at the time and I've found I can't get in to the SEMA show because you have to be an employee of a car company or aftermarket parts co....something like that. What the heck do I have to do to see the Camaro in person?!?! Man, that would be an awesome show.
i said i was going to the sema show this friday i would have tried to get u in. i didnt know u would be in vegas for it. they told me that is from 9am to 4pm so i'll be there all day.i see what up though.
$anani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by $anani View Post
i said i was going to the sema show this friday i would have tried to get u in. i didnt know u would be in vegas for it. they told me that is from 9am to 4pm so i'll be there all day.i see what up though.
I'm in LA right now. I was going to head to Vegas, but found out it's a little difficult to get in. So, we've made other plans. Right now, we are getting ready to go to my Dad's lot where we are going to get on the Price is Right show...not as a contestant though...which sux. Tomorrow is Disney Land. Sat and Sun are either San Diego Zoo or Santa Barbara....don't know which one yet. Thanks for the offer, but I know it's gotta be difficult as all hell to get in. Thx again.