Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
btsmith81

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Service Stabilitrak/ Car Stalls

So yesterday I had my ZL1 out and I was backing up when the service Stabilitrak came on and the car shut off. That happened twice and the car restarted so I drove down the road and came to a traffic light where the car did the same thing but this time it would not restart. I had the car taken by rollback to my dealer. I did put the rotofab on the other day but I wouldn't think that would cause this. Any ideas what this is? Thanks Bill
btsmith81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsmith81 View Post
So yesterday I had my ZL1 out and I was backing up when the service Stabilitrak came on and the car shut off. That happened twice and the car restarted so I drove down the road and came to a traffic light where the car did the same thing but this time it would not restart. I had the car taken by rollback to my dealer. I did put the rotofab on the other day but I wouldn't think that would cause this. Any ideas what this is? Thanks Bill
Did you by any chance re-locate the ground wire when you installed the Roto-Fab?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
Mine has done the same thing. But in has never shut off just limited power. If I shut the car off and wait 2-5 minutes then all is good until next time. Even when taking easy it does it. Yes i had the ground wire relocated. Sorry Op don't mean to steal your thread but maybe with more info maybe we can get a better answer. What did the dealership come up with?
2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 701 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
Mine has done the same thing. But in has never shut off just limited power. If I shut the car off and wait 2-5 minutes then all is good until next time. Even when taking easy it does it. Yes i had the ground wire relocated. Sorry Op don't mean to steal your thread but maybe with more info maybe we can get a better answer. What did the dealership come up with?
IIRC there have been cases where relocating the ground wire isn't making as good of a ground as in the original location.

If you can, try putting the ground wire back in the original location and see if it makes a difference.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
btsmith81

They are talking with GM tech assistance. He said that the car is running fine for him but it is showing a couple communication errors. I really hope that this isn't the beginning of an electrical nightmare that keeps popping up.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsmith81 View Post
Greetings Bill,

Sorry to hear about the service stabilitrak concern with your vehicle. I'm glad the dealership is investigating this for you. Keep us posted on the diagnosis and feel free to contact us if additional assistance is needed.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
btsmith81

Got my car back today. After I had the car transported by rollback to the dealer it fired up the very next morning when they went to look at it. My friend/ GM Technician said that the car drove fine and ran fine and he could not get it to duplicate the problem but did tell me that there was a code in it for the stabilitrak as well as communication errors. He contacted GM Tech assistance which ended up telling him to replace the terminals on 4 modules that were not communicating with each other. He did that and cleared the codes and the car has still not acted up for him. I picked the car up a couple hours ago and it has not duplicated the problem for me either. I hope that this was just a simple fix and that I have no more issues. Thanks Bill
Old 04-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #8
2010SuperSport

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 507 HP
How did the technician delete the codes? Could I delete the codes at my house or do I have to take it to a dealership and have it done? Because my ZL1 is having the same problem except it will not even start now. It was at the stage where you could wait a few minutes and then turn it on after it shut off, but later when driving it shut down and I had to pull to the side of the road. Luckily it fired back up and I could drive back home but it shut off again in my drive way. So I waited a few minutes and then it started and I put it in the garage. A few hours later, I went to go start it and it will not start at all, even after waiting a few minutes. Nothing happens when I try to turn it on.
2010SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #9
Pope Designs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Rally Yellow
My car did this but it was #1 spark plug wire had come loose. :0(
All good now.

Bryan
Pope Designs is offline   Reply With Quote