Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-16-2020, 07:48 AM   #57
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I mean it is the best car with room for 4 and still with a street presence. They are big and clumsy, but still fun to drive anywhere except on a race track. I have driven a number of them but never a Hellcat.

The way I see it:
The Challenger is a sporty CAR
The mustang is a Sporty Car.
The Camaro is a Sports car.

All fun to own and drive. No losers.
I agree.
Except I would consider the Mustang to fall in the sports car category with the Camaro, same size, wheel base, and when you figure in options like the Performance 2 package, Shelby GT350R and GT500 models I think it's more than just a sporty car.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 06-16-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #58
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I agree.
Except I would consider the Mustang to fall in the sports car category with the Camaro, same size, wheel base, and when you figure in options like the Performance 2 package, Shelby GT350R and GT500 models I think it's more than just a sporty car.

Yes I agree with that, how is this?

The way I see it:
  • The Challenger is a sporty CAR
  • The mustang is a sports Car.
  • The Camaro is a Sports car.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:08 PM   #59
oldguy0130

Drives: 2021 2SS red-line Camaro
Great thread guys! I am considering an LT1 over a Scat Pack challenger when my lease expires next June (Audi S4). Does the LT1 have the NLS (no lift shift) feature like the SS's?
oldguy0130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #60
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
SP Challengers are badass
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #61
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy0130 View Post
Great thread guys! I am considering an LT1 over a Scat Pack challenger when my lease expires next June (Audi S4). Does the LT1 have the NLS (no lift shift) feature like the SS's?
I don't like the Scat packs because they're so much heavier and handle like crap, however if you plan on leasing again and not buying, the Scat Packs lease out for a LOT cheaper than the camaros. My buddy leased one for $395 a month, 10k miles per year, and with $3000 for his trade.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:36 PM   #62
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Why, Yes! Yes they do!
Old 06-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #63
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
I don't like the Scat packs because they're so much heavier and handle like crap, however if you plan on leasing again and not buying, the Scat Packs lease out for a LOT cheaper than the camaros. My buddy leased one for $395 a month, 10k miles per year, and with $3000 for his trade.
The Scat Paks handle fine for street. They are not a closed track car but still handle not bad for the size.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:51 AM   #64
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The Scat Paks handle fine for street. They are not a closed track car but still handle not bad for the size.
I've driven my buddies, it was terrible, at least in my eyes, i like cornering quickly even on the street. Even he calls it the boat jokingly. He has FBO's so it is straight in a fast line though.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:49 AM   #65
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Drive both and decide. Scat Packs are a bad ass HP underrated NA (Naturally Aspirated) cars and are also great fun to own and drive, The Challenger SP 1320 is the fastest NA V8 Pony Car. And it has a useful back seat if you add the back seat option. But sadly no manual on that one. (I think)

The Camaro back seat can hold a couple of cases of beer. And small children who do not need their knees hanging over the seat. But in return you get world class handling and better gas mileage. I would love a Scat Pack Charger as a daily. I work from home so my Rav4 beater will have to do for now. Now if only I could convince the wife to get a Scat Pack Charger. But she loves her Honda too much. Smart girl.

The LT1 is a steal @ $35K. Just make sure you get NPP.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:55 AM   #66
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Drive both and decide. Scat Packs are a bad ass HP underrated NA (Naturally Aspirated) cars and are also great fun to own and drive, The Challenger SP 1320 is the fastest NA V8 Pony Car. And it has a useful back seat if you add the back seat option. But sadly no manual on that one. (I think)

The Camaro back seat can hold a couple of cases of beer. And small children who do not need their knees hanging over the seat. But in return you get world class handling and better gas mileage. I would love a Scat Pack Charger as a daily. I work from home so my Rav4 beater will have to do for now. Now if only I could convince the wife to get a Scat Pack Charger. But she loves her Honda too much. Smart girl.

I'm confused... Are you saying that the SP would be appropriate as a DD while you work from home since you don't go anywhere? Or, that the RAV-4 is an appropriate DD when you don't have to drive? I can't tell which one you're bashing [more] here?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:32 PM   #67
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
Quote:
Why get the NPP?
Old 06-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #68
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakemaker89 View Post
Why get the NPP?
Unless you plan on going with an aftermarket exhaust the NPP is well worth it. It'll put a smile on your face every time you crank the car and every time you get into the throttle.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:50 PM   #69
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakemaker89 View Post
Why get the NPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Unless you plan on going with an aftermarket exhaust the NPP is well worth it. It'll put a smile on your face every time you crank the car and every time you get into the throttle.
THIS!!!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:14 PM   #70
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
There are some aftermarket systems that tie in with the NPP as well, so don't immediately discount it because the plan is to add aftermarket.

I've found enough information "to be dangerous" at this point with regard to adding NPP-type controls to my non-NPP car. I have the actuators and a pin-out along with details on how they work (to open and close the valves). I will be adding the factory diffuser for quad tips and then deciding what I will do for exhaust (might swap to a factory NPP, might go with one of the aftermarket ones that supports NPP).

I am also looking into whether or not the car can actually be retro-fitted to have true NPP (there may be ways to do this although they may be time and money-intensive: I'm in research mode) instead of NPP-type functions where you have to use a switch or a remote manually.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote