Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #43
texasbill

Drives: 2005 Silverado LS 5.3 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I vote for a TITLE CHANGE to "IT'S UNOFFICIAL - "

Because ANYTHING from most dealers is just that.

Dreaming...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #44
steveo2424
Addicted 2 Camaro

Drives: 2005 Suburban, 2007 Silverado
As asked before.....do we know what VIN#'s started the fix on the line? That would clear up most of the chaos.
2 SS VR 6M Polished Rims--#7245
Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #45
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Yes its true I just got the same call, expect my is in Pontiac. But check this out.

Also I don't expect it to be there too long. Hear me out on this.

So GM is sending all these cars to Pontiac to perform this recall although they could send them to the dealers and let the dealers handle them. Here is the kicker, I and a few people that work inside the company that are pretty high up on the corporate ladder believe that GM is holding all these pre-order Camaros there until after they file for bankrupty. Reason being, pre-orders are credited as sold orders. What this means is once they file for chapter 11 all the bad debt comes off their balance sheets.

So whats that got to do with anything you ask? EVERYTHING is the answer. Once the debt is off of the balance sheets and they start shipping all those cars they are holding that shows up as reveune and cash coming in, thus making the balance sheets appear strong and financiality viable. If you ask me thats a pretty smart move on GM's part if that's what they are doing. Showing high sales and money coming in right after filing looks very good and gives investors confidence.

Now feel free to poke holes if you can't see them doing this.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #46
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Yes, it's official..your dealer is officially an idiot...
Heck I'll fix it myself..oh, nevermind I ordered a V6.

Last edited by 2010SLVRBULIT; 05-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #47
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
bring on the v6's!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #48
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Yes its true I just got the same call, expect my is in Pontiac. But check this out.

So GM is sending all these cars to Pontiac to perform this recall although they could send them to the dealers and let the dealers handle them. Here is the kicker, I and a few people that work inside the company that are pretty high up on the corporate ladder believe that GM is holding all these pre-order Camaros there until after they file for bankrupty. Reason being, pre-orders are credited as sold orders. What this means is once they file for chapter 11 all the bad debt comes off their balance sheets.

So whats that got to do with anything you ask? EVERYTHING is the answer. Once the debt is off of the balance sheets and they start shipping all those cars they are holding that shows up as reveune and cash coming in, thus making the balance sheets appear strong and financiality viable. If you ask me thats a pretty smart move on GM's part if that's what they are doing. Showing high sales and money coming in right after filing looks very good and gives investors confidence.

I agree completely. And I know that my #3958 is being held at Oshawa for a month now for the battery cable.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
Old 05-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #49
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Fail thread is fail.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #50
67/10 RS/SS

Drives: lots!
My vin is #7602 RS/2SS built 5/6. Made a phone call yesterday (Tuesday 5/12) with my dealer to DBC. I believe that is "dealer business center". He had to give them a bunch of numbers to prove he was a dealer and then the order number of the car. We were informed by the DBC that the car is under recall IN CANADA for the battery cable. It was not fixed on the line according to him. An inside source at EDC was also able to verify this info.

I don't know if anyone here has ever been involved in a production start up in an auto plant. I was involved in the equipment set up, programming, ppap, etc. in both Beretta plants (Newark and Wilmington). Based on that experience, new battery cables, length, insulation types, routing, etc. don't happen overnight with GM, especially during a start-up.

The dealers are making a "permanent" fix that will be ok for those cars. The "permanent" fix that is being made in Canada and on the line may require different lenght or kind of cable. Considering they have to get the cables from a vendor, this could take days to weeks just to get the cables.

We need to be patient, the problem will be fixed.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #51
BLAKMGIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS / RS / Blk
Please stop asking us to be patient (817). I would rather drive my car back and forth to the dealer from my garage to have recalls addressed then sit here and wonder where my car is. Enough already. I have been VERY patient, as have many of you....it's time to "show me the money"!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #52
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
This thread is creating a panic....MODS...PLease close!

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #53
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post

Is anyone else tired of this "ZOMGWTFBBQ THIS THREAD IS SO OFFICIAL NO ONE WHO IS ACTUALLY IN THE KNOW F*CKIN KNOWS ABOUT THIS YET AND I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS CAUSE OF I'M THE L33TSAUCE" thread?

So a few cars are being held up for a recall fix. Big surprise, its the first model year. How is it cars are still moving if they are all being held. And now we have a guy claiming its so that the numbers look good after bankruptcy. Whats the next conspiracy gunna be?

Sorry, I'm venting.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #54
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
This is why I bought another car. I'll never get my car between all the issues and GM's impending bankruptcy.

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #55
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
This is why I bought another car. I'll never get my car between all the issues and GM's impending bankruptcy.
What kinda car you get?

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #56
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post

Is anyone else tired of this "ZOMGWTFBBQ THIS THREAD IS SO OFFICIAL NO ONE WHO IS ACTUALLY IN THE KNOW F*CKIN KNOWS ABOUT THIS YET AND I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS CAUSE OF I'M THE L33TSAUCE" thread?

So a few cars are being held up for a recall fix. Big surprise, its the first model year. How is it cars are still moving if they are all being held. And now we have a guy claiming its so that the numbers look good after bankruptcy. Whats the next conspiracy gunna be?

Sorry, I'm venting.
Well you can or don't have to believe me, but as far a business goes it makes perfect sense. Given I'm a CPA and know a little about how businesses think in certain situations its not that far off. Besides its more then a few sitting there, I live an 1 and half away from that plant and with my stepfather being an operations executive in Flint I have been down to the plant and there are more then 500 camaros sitting there. You don't have to believe me, but don't be surprised to see people taking delievery like crazy after June 1st is over.

Closed Thread