Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 AM   #1
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
WTB: Decent, strong, cheap LB 350

I'm doing a rebuild on my '81 Z28. I need exactly what the subject says,... strong, reliable, and most importantly cheap 350 long block. Here's the mods I'm installing:
  • Holley 750 DB
  • Holley "Street Avenger" hi-rise aluminum intake (with 2" carb spacer)
  • Holley 170 gph mech. fuel pump (and braided lines)
  • Lunati Voodoo cam (298 adv. duration/.525 lift)
  • Lunati lifters and valve springs matched for the cam
  • Edelbrock gear drive
  • Dynomax ceramic coated headers to dual 40-series flowmasters (dumps right behind the seats)
  • MSD ignition system (6AL box, pro-billet distro, Blast Master 3 coil)

Other mods include:
  • TH350 with a B&M street Transpak kit
  • Jegs 3k stally
  • Competition Engineering tractions bars
  • 3.73 posi rear (originally a 3.42 limited slip)

I’ve been all over the net checking prices. To the extreme price of $4900, all the way down to $400. The $4900 was a quote using my own parts (total rip off), and the $400 block is out of a ’72 Camaro. So in short, I’m looking for something no more than $400, most preferably a 4-bolt main, and one that has been recently rebuilt. No junk yard blocks,… something that is reliable.

My ’81 is currently resting in PA (off of I-81). I want to have the engine prep’d and ready well before February. I’m currently deployed overseas (military) and will be back in the states around the beginning of that month. My Father and I are gonna install all of the mods and get her ready for a 12+ hour drive back down to FL.

For inspiration,… below is a photo of her.

Kahlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Dayum!!! I love those 2nd Gens. There's a guy in the area I work who has a Z28 in the exact same paint color as yours. Very nice ride. Unfortunately, I don't have any info on the engine....just wanted to comment on your ride!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dayum!!! I love those 2nd Gens. There's a guy in the area I work who has a Z28 in the exact same paint color as yours. Very nice ride. Unfortunately, I don't have any info on the engine....just wanted to comment on your ride!

Thanks bro! She doesn't look so nice anymore unfortunately. A deer decided it didn't like my left front fender or front spoiler,... I have though purchased a new spoiler and installed it, and I have a fender sitting standby. Only problem with that is it's a standard fender, so it doesn't have the cut out for the fender vent. But I'll just need a jigsaw to fix that problem.
Kahlis is offline   Reply With Quote