Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Local Marketplace

Old 06-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
Searching for black wheel locks/lug nuts

Im trying to find a place or someone selling black wheel locks/lug nuts locally vs ordering. I prefer "gorilla" but it doesn't matter

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
Gamblinmilo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
They are almost impossible to find locally. I haven't had any luck as of yet as I hav always had to order them. If you find a place locally please post as I also need a new set for my wheels. Good luck with your search. By the way the purple wrap on your car looks fantastic. Who did it and how much if you don't mind ?
Gamblinmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblinmilo View Post
They are almost impossible to find locally. I haven't had any luck as of yet as I hav always had to order them. If you find a place locally please post as I also need a new set for my wheels. Good luck with your search. By the way the purple wrap on your car looks fantastic. Who did it and how much if you don't mind ?
ATO auto sports both in whitemarsh and in Parkville (Joppa road) have them in stock in bulk...

also Rim Source Motorsports, Inc. @ 4810 Belair Road, Baltimore, MD 21206 Phone: 410-675-4988 have em in... I just bought from there yesterday... both have gorilla, and in bulk...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
Thanks guys, found them...i appreciate it!

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
ATO auto sports both in whitemarsh and in Parkville (Joppa road) have them in stock in bulk...

also Rim Source Motorsports, Inc. @ 4810 Belair Road, Baltimore, MD 21206 Phone: 410-675-4988 have em in... I just bought from there yesterday... both have gorilla, and in bulk...
ATO is where I got mine
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
CTSVBiggie

Drives: 2013 1LE
Only black lugs worth ordering are Mcgards. period. i get mine through lugshack
Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
Earle.Barnes

Drives: 2012 2LS
Mac can you let me know how much you paid. Might have you pick me up a set.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post

Good to know both are near me..
rvnmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie View Post
Only black lugs worth ordering are Mcgards. period. i get mine through lugshack
Whats the difference? Ive had gorrilla lugs in black on my charger that I traded it in for the camaro it had 244k miles... installed them when I went to 18's...Around 76k... after running them for nearly 170k Miles I never had an issue...fading chipped etc...

So when I got the camaro..went to the same brand. I mean if you prefer mcgard..cool

. But def wouldnt say its the only brand worth it... theres plenty of reputable brands

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 07-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #10
CTSVBiggie

I like gorilla. And might have to go with them since I dont think the Mcgards are wide enough(research is on going as to which I am going with).

I had a set on all my cars. And some went with buyers others just went on my next car.

What makes them different is the free spinning "seat" on the lugs which allows for better and more accurate torquing of the lugs. Also much harder to have them "freeze" onto the stud/wheel.

But yeah its a preference thing.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie View Post
I like gorilla. And might have to go with them since I dont think the Mcgards are wide enough(research is on going as to which I am going with).

I had a set on all my cars. And some went with buyers others just went on my next car.

What makes them different is the free spinning "seat" on the lugs which allows for better and more accurate torquing of the lugs. Also much harder to have them "freeze" onto the stud/wheel.

But yeah its a preference thing.
I gotchya.. the same spline drives I had on my cavalier. Ive cracked their locks before ans had to do the hammer and socket removal method before for the lock.

And you get the color options as well.

Long as ya got a bulge acorn set..shouldnt have any issues though.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #12
CTSVBiggie

i never ran their "locks" just the spline drive. same set went from my sentra to my subaru. never an issue.