Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I think I read somewhere with that design Sunroof you either do not lose any or nearly as much as you do with the retracts IN-THE-ROOF designs.
That's right; we're talking more than an inch of difference - which is do or die for the taller folks.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #30
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
HeatherR and Number3 - You two have provided the GREAT excitement that we have been craving for. Thanks for your commitment and generosity in sharing your experiences with us who are drooling into our keyboards.

Long Live Camaro!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #31
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
HeatherR and Number3 - You two have provided the GREAT excitement that we have been craving for. Thanks for your commitment and generosity in sharing your experiences with us who are drooling into our keyboards.

Long Live Camaro!

+1
THANK YOU!!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Some more eye candy.

Sorry no pictures of the sunroof from inside, next time out.

For those concerned, this is the roomiest coupe with a sunroof I know of. I am 6' tall, but I have most of my height in my torso meaning I sit tall, plus I drive with a more upright seat positiion.

Also note, this car has the power driver seat which may offer more up down adjustment than the base seat. But I have no problem from the passenger side either which has the manual seat.

Sorry, I don't have the dimensions for with and without sunroof.
Attached Images

Number 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #33
Tango16

Drives: 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's their job to report back. Don't be so worried about offending them. We're shelling out 45k for a car froma Company that needs the public behind them. Grow a pair and ask whatever you want.
Tango16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango16 View Post
It's their job to report back. Don't be so worried about offending them. We're shelling out 45k for a car from a Company that needs the public behind them. Grow a pair and ask whatever you want.
It's most definitely NOT their job. So any and all respect is expected to be shown towards them. Steve was doing just that.

I haven't thanked you yet, Number 3!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #35
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
More great pics!!! THANKS..... keepem coming
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #36
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
If you're paying $45K for your Camaro you screwed something up real big...

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #37
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
It's their job to report back. Don't be so worried about offending them. We're shelling out 45k for a car froma Company that needs the public behind them. Grow a pair and ask whatever you want.
Man....your gonna ruin it for all of us....
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #38
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Wow that red is looking awesome. Hmmmm I dunno do I have time left to change my colour? LOL!!! Its almost tempting when I see beautiful pics like this but I have a thing for silver..plus its easier to keep it looking clean so I think I will stick with silver!!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #39
Tango16

Drives: 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
If you're paying $45K for your Camaro you screwed something up real big...
When you add the 21" wheel option you're paying 45k, do the math.
Tango16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #40
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Wow that red is looking awesome. Hmmmm I dunno do I have time left to change my colour? LOL!!! Its almost tempting when I see beautiful pics like this but I have a thing for silver..plus its easier to keep it looking clean so I think I will stick with silver!!
I was a bit worried when everyone kept talking about CGM, Black and Silver since I had ordered red. I started to second guess a bit and my wife said "that's the color you originally wanted and you wanted if for a reason so stick with it." After seeing these latest pictures, she was completely right. This car looks beautiful all shined up!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I doubt you could offend me. Sharing my excitement about this car with a dedicated group of people already passionate about it isn't really hard.

I am not an expert on this car, although I have worked with and met many of the people at that have worked so hard on it. The Product Manager at Chevy is a dear friend of my wife's and we stopped in Phoenix so she could see the car with her parents. My wife worked with fbodfather and we know his passion for this car. I've worked with and met many of the people at Holden as well. I've been excited about this car as an employee as long as you have been as enthusiasts. It is another step in the great products that GM will be bringing out over the next few years. I told some key people over a year ago that if they would just get me one of these early cars, I'd drive it to California and put as many miles as possible on it as I could.

So your excitement is wonderful, but my kicks also come from watching the drivers of Toyotas and Hondas nod and give thumbs up. The guy in the Hyundai Tiburon with his lady friend in the passenger seat taking flash photos at night for 1/2 an hour. Those are the reactions that let me know how special this car is.

So you can ask questions all you want. There are some I can't answer because I don't know, some I can't answer as a GM employee and the ones I can.....well just know that they are my opinion from driving the car.

For me, your excitement is what makes my job really satisfying. The paycheck helps, but I really love your passion and excitement for this car.
Number 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #42
mitchell87

Drives: 2010 Silverado 6.2L
Quote:
Ya dude whats your problem, show a little respect.
mitchell87 is offline   Reply With Quote