Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
The Pfadt Performance Tune

You know, I get PM'ed questions about our tune every day so I figured I would write up my personal experience with the Pfadt Performance Tune. When I started here I had a 2012 Camaro SS L99. It was bone stock and my first mods were going to be a catback and K&N, my usual first mods since I was 16.

My biggest complaints about my L99 were throttle lag and it just didn't feel like a 400HP car. The fact that I had to pull fuses etc., just to get the wheels to spin blew me away. Obviously technology had changed since the old days when I had my first Mustang.

So, I was talking with the owner of Pfadt Racing, Aaron Pfadt, about my car and he told me I should start with a tune. To be honest, I was very skeptical. I grew up in the generation of chips, promising crazy horsepower and mpg, and I never bought one of those then, so why would I do a tune now? Obviously you don't tell your new boss that, so I said ok, let's do it!

So we did the tune. We hooked up a laptop to the OBD-2 port and the upload or "flash" took about 22 mins. The difference was night and day. The car actually pushed me back in the seat when I took off at WOT. The car happily spun the tires with or without TC on when I put the pedal to the floor. The car sounded throatier at the stock exhaust. It was fun as hell! It was one of those mods that you actually feel, not like the kind where you think you can feel it, or just plain want to feel it because you just put $350 and a sticker on your back windshield. I am a believer and that's why I can happily offer this product to people who ask - because I know it works.

The two main features we offer, besides a big jump in rwhp and rwtq, are Advanced Throttle Control™ & Pfadt Torque on Demand™. Pfadt ATC™ reduces factory throttle lag, putting the power to the wheels instantly. Pfadt ATC™ also gives you the boost you need at speed when passing a slower vehicle or entering the freeway.

Pfadt Torque on Demand™ is our custom torque management solution giving you more power in the low range as well as in daily driving conditions. Not only does Pfadt PTOD™ give you that peak RWHP & RWTQ when you are at wide open throttle, but we also focused on maximizing torque throughout the rev band giving you more boost at any RPM, which is awesome for daily drivability.

With all of these modern vehicles running more and more computers to operate everything inside, Pfadt looked ahead and hired a software engineer early on. Now we have a full department tuning everything from the motor to the current project, the mag ride suspension.

I don't want to bore y'all here, I just wanted to clarify what we do and what it offers you. If you have any questions, please ask me here, and if I can't answer them I sit next to an engineer who can!

Thanks for reading this,

Kerry@Pfadt

READ MORE HERE

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 01-29-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added link
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Nice writeup I agree my tune has turned my car into an incredible machine (did not get my tune through Pfadt).
Old 01-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
So your offering this to every model platform from SS all the way to the ignored LLT V6?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 02-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
Nice writeup I agree my tune has turned my car into an incredible machine (did not get my tune through Pfadt).
Thanks man. Yeah, this car definitely responds well to a tune!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So your offering this to every model platform from SS all the way to the ignored LLT V6?
Yes we are! The LLT is not ignored by Pfadt. It is loved.

haha

PM Sent...
Old 02-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #6
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Kerry, Im about to sell my V6 and buy an SRT.

I removed the SS from the list because of its high price here in the Middle East and because of the low end torqe of the L99.

However.....!!

If you can convince me that your tune solve this problem with the L99, you will change my mind.

Do you have a dyno sheet for stock L99s with this tune?
Old 02-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
philip0825

Drives: 2011 V6 2LT RS SYNERGY BLACK/SILVER
This caught my attention what should we expect from this tune on the V6 LLT.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #8
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Does this support an LLT with the Bosch ECU ??? I have asked this before and got an answer based on a Delco ECU ??
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Does this support an LLT with the Bosch ECU ??? I have asked this before and got an answer based on a Delco ECU ??
+1 - A definitive answer on the LLT would be nice, as well as maybe a dyno showing gains over a stock tune.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344068

Please read my PFADT SUCKS thread above.

Flordass a member has been waiting a month for his tune.

I have been waiting 2 month for my stuff. Please look at this thread above.

Closed Thread

Tags
performance, pfadt, tune