Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #71
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Aaron,

THANK YOU!!!

Were ya'll just filming the drive and suddenly happen to come across the Camaro? What were the temperatures like? Pretty hot?...doing some hot, arid weather testing maybe? Anything else you could tell us about the sighting?

And BTW to all the other members with the Rustank, etc, comments....the guy posting this and sharing the b@d@ss video (who happens to drive a Mustang) IS a member of THIS CAMARO site!

Let's show some RESPECT to the man and thank him for sharing rather than giving him a hard time for what he drives!
Tag assuming this video was taken today, it was low to mid 80's. They probably saw it coming because the road they where on is a switchback that goes down into a canyon (unpaved, 25MPH speed limit, and VERY narrow).

BTW this section is probably about 15-20 miles from the proving grounds (and therefore my house), AND if this was taken today that means at least ONE pre-prod model is still here which is good news for us here that are going to take the tour of the proving grounds. Punchy sent me a text last Friday saying they where loading them up for transport and wanted to see if i could get there (alas I was working till 5 and couldn't). So at least there is still a chance!!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #72
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Tag assuming this video was taken today, it was low to mid 80's. They probably saw it coming because the road they where on is a switchback that goes down into a canyon (unpaved, 25MPH speed limit, and VERY narrow).

BTW this section is probably about 15-20 miles from the proving grounds (and therefore my house), AND if this was taken today that means at least ONE pre-prod model is still here which is good news for us here that are going to take the tour of the proving grounds. Punchy sent me a text last Friday saying they where loading them up for transport and wanted to see if i could get there (alas I was working till 5 and couldn't). So at least there is still a chance!!
I sure hope there is a least one.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #73
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Good catch.
Thanks for putting that up, Aaron.
I heard you say "her dad must own a dealership"
A female was the lucky one driving?
Neat.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 AM   #74
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
YAY!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #75
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
question->

is the other thread about this gone? the one with the pic of this camaro? i can't find it anymore and that is where the link to this video was orignially. i think Aaron, said something about him being here in AZ, around the same time that the original pic showed up. so sorry diarmadhi i don't think we will get to see the camaro when we are at the proving grounds.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #76
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by swazworth View Post
question->

is the other thread about this gone? the one with the pic of this camaro? i can't find it anymore and that is where the link to this video was orignially. i think Aaron, said something about him being here in AZ, around the same time that the original pic showed up. so sorry diarmadhi i don't think we will get to see the camaro when we are at the proving grounds.
Here you go:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219

Aaron's video was taken on 3/15
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #77
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
thanks, i just wanted to make sure i was remembering what i read earlier correctly.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #78
sdavis2702

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Yesssssssssssss
sdavis2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #79
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Big thanks to Aaron7 (who has posted some feedback below)

*** Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed ***

Note: the engine sound you hear is from the Camaro as it passes

Still photos:

Attachment 4275

Attachment 4276

Attachment 4277

Attachment 4278

Attachment 4280

The person driving the "camera car" was driving the EXACT same car.

GM IS toying with us. BET.

Nice try, guys, but we expect BETTER.

Take that to the BANK.

Take your "sucker bet" back to the line. Nice Try. :(
Old 03-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #80
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
I didn't even hear an engine as it went by. and i had my sound all the way up... are you guys imagining something... that stripe is cheesy though. as is the black on the hood.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 AM   #81
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
The person driving the "camera car" was driving the EXACT same car.

GM IS toying with us. BET.

Nice try, guys, but we expect BETTER.

Take that to the BANK.

Take your "sucker bet" back to the line. Nice Try. :(
Uhm toying with us how? Even if this was done by GM (which I don't think it is) who cares... they're giving us a glimpse that we've all wanted to see. Fbodfather has himself said that they're testing cars with different striping/looks so it's not like this is going to be a fake car they put out there just to mess with us. You think they're that bored

I appreciate the video having been taken and I love what I see. She looks awesome in motion (even if slowly heh).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #82
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
That is freaking sweeeet. Loved the rumble from that beast, but I gotta agree with others, I like the hockey stripes, I could live with them, but the center stripe? No, i'd have to pass, it at least to me doesn't suit to cars lines. Now as far as the shark fin, from what I can see it looks like it's still on the roof.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #83
restarter

Drives: the new camaro ;)
Send a message via MSN to restarter
sounds sweet ... i wont this car now!!!
restarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #84
aaron7

Drives: 89 MR2, 93 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Were ya'll just filming the drive and suddenly happen to come across the Camaro? What were the temperatures like? Pretty hot?...doing some hot, arid weather testing maybe?

And BTW to all the other members with the Rustank, etc, comments....the guy posting this and sharing the b@d@ss video (who happens to drive a Mustang) IS a member of THIS CAMARO site!
I had my camera out to film the drive, yes, and when I saw this I got as much video as I could!

That day was 3/15. It was actually a chilly(er) day... tops it was 75 out there. I'd imagine it was a suspension torture test as that ENTIRE dirt road (22 miles) is all washboard-ey.

Thanks for the support... the Mustang is my dads, not mine. I've had 3 third gen Camaro's and I'd never go Ford. Yes, yes, I know, I have a Jeep and a Toyota now... but no Ford :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Good catch.
Thanks for putting that up, Aaron.
I heard you say "her dad must own a dealership"
A female was the lucky one driving?
Neat.
Yes actually, she looked rather young I believe.
aaron7 is offline   Reply With Quote