Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 11-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
You do know this started as a South East Event then started to grow and people form all over the nation decided to come. And from there we opened it up nationally and deemed it the first OFFICIAL Camaro 5 Event since the staff and owners of the site are directly involved with this? LOL no matter where it is someone is going to complain..just got to roll with the punches. But I will say this, if we move it to another area and it doesnt do as well we are bringing it back to the original location. LOL it's not as easy as saying..okay let's do it in this city. Cost and support staff are big factors along with venues.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
That's on my to do list.LOL
We go every year, We stay down town at the Circus Circus normally it has parking for everyone that has cars for the show.

But please remember its 72 & older american cars & trucks.

If you just go to see it let us know & we normally have room in our Buick skylark that we take down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
You do know this started as a South East Event then started to grow and people form all over the nation decided to come. And from there we opened it up nationally and deemed it the first OFFICIAL Camaro 5 Event since the staff and owners of the site are directly involved with this? LOL no matter where it is someone is going to complain..just got to roll with the punches. But I will say this, if we move it to another area and it doesnt do as well we are bringing it back to the original location.
always a good idea to move events around.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
Miketebo22
Iceman

Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
Quote:
You do know this started as a South East Event then started to grow and people form all over the nation decided to come. And from there we opened it up nationally and deemed it the first OFFICIAL Camaro 5 Event since the staff and owners of the site are directly involved with this? LOL no matter where it is someone is going to complain..just got to roll with the punches. But I will say this, if we move it to another area and it doesnt do as well we are bringing it back to the original location. LOL it's not as easy as saying..okay let's do it in this city. Cost and support staff are big factors along with venues.
Thats what i meant by im going to start doing research. everything you said in your previous post will be addressed
Old 11-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
1320junkie

Guys dont read me the wrong way, if you want to put a meet together even a large one. Dont let us stop you. It's just when it becomes an "Official Camaro5 Fest" there are copyrights, sponsors, contracts, insurance,vendors and stuff involved. And as staff we have to manage that process and get final aprroval from Mark and Tran on important matters. It's not just if we want to do it. There is a ton of stuff behind the scenes.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
We go every year, We stay down town at the Circus Circus normally it has parking for everyone that has cars for the show.

But please remember its 72 & older american cars & trucks.

If you just go to see it let us know & we normally have room in our Buick skylark that we take down.

always a good idea to move events around.
K Might have to settle for the Peach City Cruise.LOL
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketebo22 View Post
Thats what i meant by im going to start doing research. everything you said in your previous post will be addressed
Cool, try and keep the price point no more than $50 per person
Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
No I didn't. That's cool. Just that there is a whole lota cool out west too.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #22
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Guys dont read me the wrong way, if you want to put a meet together even a large one. Dont let us stop you. It's just when it becomes an "Official Camaro5 Fest" there are copyrights, sponsors, contracts, insurance,vendors and stuff involved. It's not just if we want to do it. There is a ton of stuff behind the scenes.
I am throwing out suggestions, & part of the reasons that I didnt suggest seattle, which is close to a race track & everything. its because Pacific raceways is a PITA.

Reno as long as it also is co insides of HAN I think they would agree to it. Plus you have lots of hotels (yes the pricing is high during this time) but its worth the ride since its close to Lake tahoe & also close to Calif.

Heck its a 12hr drive for us when we do it.

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #23
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
No I didn't. That's cool. Just that there is a whole lota cool out west too.
If we did it in Cali we would outrun those folks because a bunch of us dont have those emission issues with the law....lol....Ok I am going to try and stay out of this thread now as we are not even halfway finish with the stuff for this Fest yet. Although I am brainstorming...just to share where my mind is...maybe keeping this one as Official Camaro5 Fest...then maybe in the year have an Official West Coast Romp somewhere up in the North West, all in the same year.....just thinking out loud...dont hold me to my thoughts. But once you guys come up with some ideas send it to me and I will table it with the other mods Happy hunting
Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #24
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
If we did it in Cali we would outrun those folks because a bunch of us dont have those emission issues with the law....lol....Ok I am going to try and stay out of this thread now as we are not even halfway finish with the stuff for this Fest yet. Although I am brainstorming...just to share where my mind is...maybe keeping this one as Official Camaro5 Fest...then maybe in the year have an Official West Coast Romp somewhere up in the North West, all in the same year.....just thinking out loud...dont hold me to my thoughts. But once you guys come up with some ideas send it to me and I will table it with the other mods Happy hunting
our Camaro club (& Mercy knows this) is doing a big camaro weekend July 9-11th

Old 11-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #25
1320junkie

Quote:
our Camaro club (& Mercy knows this) is doing a big camaro weekend July 9-11th
What about the September October time frame? Then it is spaced out pretty well
Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #26
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
If we did it in Cali we would outrun those folks because a bunch of us dont have those emission issues with the law....lol....Ok I am going to try and stay out of this thread now as we are even halfway finish with the stuff for this Fest yet. Although I am brainstorming...just to share where my mind is...maybe keeping this one as Official Camaro5 Fest...then maybe in the year have an Official West Coast Romp somewhere up in the North West, all in the same year.....just thinking out loud...dont hold me to my thoughts. But once you guys come up with some ideas send it to me and I will table it with the other mods Happy hunting
Not asking to have it in my back yard. LOL Just thought it would be cool if it was an equal oppertunity meet. However now I know the whole history to the event. It's all good. It just looked like it if you went too far west you would fall off the earth, so lets have on the east.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
What about the September October time frame? Then it is spaced out pretty well
you are talking Washington state right????? sept Oct its most of the time raining or snowing up in the passes. August is better lol.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
1320junkie

Quote:
you are talking Washington state right????? sept Oct its most of the time raining or snowing up in the passes. August is better lol.
i dont know the no location has been choosen...thats on you guys to look for but it needs to be atleast 5-6 months from the April Event