Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Street Outlaws?

Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I saw it too and thought about creating a thread about it here but since it is illegal street racing I wasn't sure if the mods would approve. Oh and their claim the fast streetcars in America is annoying cause they aren't driving their cars all the time and they come on trailers as well so to me that isn't a streetcar. But the cars seem fast I will say so props to them for spending most of their money to risk it all when the cops.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.
we have one called thunder valley. not sure why my fellow okies don't use it. I work two minutes or less from the chuck guy that has the white mustang and big mouth. haha
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
tc Bosnian

Drives: 09 a4 1500 silverado 2010 2ss rs
I loved the cars but show its self sucked! Staged.

465 WHP and 445 torque.
tc Bosnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Those cars were hacked together and slow. The fact that they kept saying the countries fastest street cars is a joke.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Firerader

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary/Hennessey
I have known one of these guys for years. Only a couple of the cars are trailor queens. I promise it's not staged.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

They did. It was called "Pinks". lol
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #11
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.
garbage TV glorifying asshats that are too stupid to go to the track.

Can't believe someone at Discovery would sign off on this.

That idiot with the mustang flat said his family goes hungry and the roof over their head goes in jeopardy to fund his car..
his car comes first? WTF why would you put tools like this on TV..
gives ALL of us car guys a bad name.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.
I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #14
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote