Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 AM   #1233
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hell yeah! SWEET!

Question.

Can you see on the left side where the light is a tiny bit darker towards the bottom? Looks like there is a spacer in there. Is that what it is? I only saw it for a sec as I wired it up tonight...was a little darker there. Not a bid deal at all, but was curious.
There is a vertical brace and no way to run the lights any closer together... I had to gap the reflector around it and the lights are the same....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #1234
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
ahhh

i thought i saw the brace. no problem then!!! I am VERY happy with it and again, I can't thank you enough!!! Oh...and I NEED to know what I owe you for this. Don't give me none of that, "you don't owe me nothin" crap either...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #1235
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Holy crap. Is that your engine cover? That's totaly bitchin'
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #1236
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
ahhh

i thought i saw the brace. no problem then!!! I am VERY happy with it and again, I can't thank you enough!!! Oh...and I NEED to know what I owe you for this. Don't give me none of that, "you don't owe me nothin" crap either...
We'll figure it out someday... Get that KB and then we'll worry about it...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #1237
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:

Nice work.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #1238
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Cradle inserts should not be greased.....

Any other bushing you swapped should be greased like there is no tomorrow.
Missed all this.

I greased mine too. I'm not worried agbout it. The inserts will still do the same job. Just smashed up as they are, they don't move. So they dont' require grease.

At least that's the way I see it.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #1239
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Holy crap. Is that your engine cover? That's totaly bitchin'
Thanks! LOVE the CGM....paint still looks wet, that's how good the clear is. Going to fill a couple spots with black, but it looks freaking GREAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
We'll figure it out someday... Get that KB and then we'll worry about it...

I know...I HAVE to make it work now! I MUST!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Nice work.

All Robert.

He does VERY good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Missed all this.

I greased mine too. I'm not worried agbout it. The inserts will still do the same job. Just smashed up as they are, they don't move. So they dont' require grease.

At least that's the way I see it.
Well, I greased the shit out of mine. I figured....they are going to move a bit anyway...might as well make it slick when it does. Screw it. now I'm thinking...."why the hell did I do that?" Meh...they are mashed up there like you say. I doubt they move at all.

But, I still NEED to knwo what's causing all that f'ing popping out back.... It's on BOTH sides now. I have this feelign it's the sways endlinks. But, I'm not sure. Struts? SHIT....UG>>.....
Old 04-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #1240
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Shoot....maybe I'll take out my cradle bushings and wipe all that grease out of there....

any suggestions from anyone in the know???
Old 04-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #1241
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Well, I greased the shit out of mine. I figured....they are going to move a bit anyway...might as well make it slick when it does. Screw it. now I'm thinking...."why the hell did I do that?" Meh...they are mashed up there like you say. I doubt they move at all.

But, I still NEED to knwo what's causing all that f'ing popping out back.... It's on BOTH sides now. I have this feelign it's the sways endlinks. But, I'm not sure. Struts? SHIT....UG>>.....
Me and Chris got a noise too. Maybe it's the grease. He put it on his too.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #1242
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Shoot....maybe I'll take out my cradle bushings and wipe all that grease out of there....

any suggestions from anyone in the know???
Any chance you can get it to a shop and put it in the air and run it.... then shake everything... Thats how we fixed my exhaust rattle... It was only on certain bumps, but we found it and fixed it....

Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #1243
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Tag, I have that creaking/popping sound too. I have no bushings. I'm not sure if it's the coilovers or the sway bar with no rear bracket that I have now. I'm going to put the new bracket on at the fest.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #1244
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I really need to figure it out. Maybe its the sways......I wil change my endlinks today and see what happens. If it does not do anything, then its the springs or bushes.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #1245
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok.

Creaking noise coming from the back was the endlinks on GM's ... not so thick and solid control arms. That can be fixed. But, I'd highly recommend anyone getting aftermarket endlinks/sways or who plainly drive hard to check them from time to time. The connection between the LCA and the sways are breaking. Metal isn't thick enough or strong enough.

On a side note, I WISH I would have done this before the fest, but honestly, I wasn't sure what I was doing.

I installed the radius inserts yesterday. I put the front end up on jack stands, pulled off the wheels, removed the LCA bolts and lowered them down. A tip.... turn the ignition on and you can then move the rotors back and forth by hand while you are under the car and it makes it that much easier to get to the arms.

I used a flat head and pulled out all 4 stock bushings.

I then greased up the new radius inserts and slid them in one at a time. I had to use a hammer to knock the control arm back up into place as the bushings fill that void in the space.

After putting everything back together, I IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. I mean...it's not something that just pops together and ...mmm...yeah...it's there.

I started driving down the street to make sure nothing fell out, no wheels fell off, you know... I slightly turned left right and it just lurched in each direction. NO PLAY in the steering. THIS is what I've been wanting and waiting for. I was told when I got the front sways, it would be much more responsive. Well? With the sway AND the radius bushings, it makes a WORLD of difference.

SO.....

If any of you were contemplating sways, get the darn bushings that go with it. It's totally worth it!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #1246
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Ok.

Creaking noise coming from the back was the endlinks on GM's ... not so thick and solid control arms. That can be fixed. But, I'd highly recommend anyone getting aftermarket endlinks/sways or who plainly drive hard to check them from time to time. The connection between the LCA and the sways are breaking. Metal isn't thick enough or strong enough.

On a side note, I WISH I would have done this before the fest, but honestly, I wasn't sure what I was doing.

I installed the radius inserts yesterday. I put the front end up on jack stands, pulled off the wheels, removed the LCA bolts and lowered them down. A tip.... turn the ignition on and you can then move the rotors back and forth by hand while you are under the car and it makes it that much easier to get to the arms.

I used a flat head and pulled out all 4 stock bushings.

I then greased up the new radius inserts and slid them in one at a time. I had to use a hammer to knock the control arm back up into place as the bushings fill that void in the space.

After putting everything back together, I IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. I mean...it's not something that just pops together and ...mmm...yeah...it's there.

I started driving down the street to make sure nothing fell out, no wheels fell off, you know... I slightly turned left right and it just lurched in each direction. NO PLAY in the steering. THIS is what I've been wanting and waiting for. I was told when I got the front sways, it would be much more responsive. Well? With the sway AND the radius bushings, it makes a WORLD of difference.

SO.....

If any of you were contemplating sways, get the darn bushings that go with it. It's totally worth it!

Good Advice FLUFFY !!

Thanks for the heads up.

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper