Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 AM   #15
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
like if a car is 35k then on the sticker is 38k i wish i could get 3k for a oil change.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #16
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
Quote:
Originally Posted by izwar View Post
completely makes sense but i didnt understand the bit on guestimating the invoice price, subtracting the destination price? what is this?. Other then i understand. Im sure by the time the cars are ready in the dealers we will all know pretty accurately what the invoice of the cars will be am i right?
There is no mark up or hidden factory to dealer games that they can play with the Destination Charges. So take that off of the MSRP first, then run your calculations and then add it back. It is a true cost that the dealer has paid to a third party trucking company to get the car to his dealership.

Sorry I get too freeking analytical sometimes.

Here's the most simple approach....$500 over Dealer Invoice...Take It or Leave It.

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
izwar

Drives: Silver
thanks for the info. When the time comes ill def be coming here for last minute advice lol.
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #18
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!

Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
You won't get a Camaro $10K off sticker even if the dealer could "afford" it. Because if you don't pay what they are asking, the guy that comes in 10 minutes after you will. At least at first, until enough of them start hitting the streets.
Screw that dude!! As soon as a dealer doesn't give me what I want I will be sure to have a sign prepared and I will sit outside the dealership, warning people of their scamming. We also have a thread dedicated to dealers saying the will sell at MSRP or better.
Don't ever take crap from a dealer, the can and will go much lower. Have multiple dealerships in mind, shop them all and carry their business cards. If a dealer says he won't do it then tell him this guy will and pull out a business card and call the other dealer right in front of him while walking out. Thats what I did with my GTO and they freaked!! They never want to get low balled by another dealership. They may act like they aren't making any money but they really are, don't let them make you feel bad and enjoy every minute of your time killing their hopes and dreams of a huge mark up sale. It is also very important to tell people about a dealership you didn't like because they know that word of mouth kills a reputation. This is all based on my personal experiences and my hatred to dealerships so take it for what you will. Shop around and be Patient is the best advice!

~Cheers!!
shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
My Mother used to work for Toyota and Honda here in the bay area. She sold Joe Montana and Jerry Rice their 4runners. She taught all the little tips and tricks for negotiating. I still have her around when I go to buy a car as she likes to jump in and do all the talking. I just let her go nuts and I normally end up with a great deal or moving on to the next dealer where I will get a great deal.

EDIT: She was a manager/accountant and spent most time in the office, not out on the lot like a vulture.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #20
ksmithers88

Drives: Yamaha R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by izwar View Post
Ok so when chevy releases official prices these will be the MSRP of the car?

now from the MSRP is the starting point at which you negotiate with the dealer correct?.

How can dealers get away with pricing up a car 10K when people clearly know the MSRP? In this case i guess you just have to do a lot of searching for a dealer that is going over the MSRP?

P.S i just guessed 35 becuase i am intersted in the highest model chevy will offer even if it means ordering it i honestly beleive the highest model will be 40 (MSRP?) lol.
ALWAYS start negotiating from the invoice price, not the other way around. If you start with the invoice price, not only will you most likely get a better deal, but it lets the salesman know you've done your research and you mean business.
ksmithers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #21
izwar

Great info i cant wait to get in their and start negotiating haha. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There is NO definite evidence of a 550 hp version, none at all. Anything you have heard in regards to that, is purely speculation. (Unless I missed something, guys?). The Top of the Top may be seated at 460 hp most (at least in my book). The only reasoning that I have, is that the LS7 is dying, and it's replacement is the LS9, (or blown LS3). Which is equally expensive; what with the forged crank, and strenghtened parts. And at prices like that, the LS9 slowly drifts out of Camaro territory.

I'm not ruling out a 500+ hp Camaro, at all. But the evidence points against it as a mainstream Camaro. But if a 500 hp version does come out (which I think it will), it'll probably be a limited-numbers, high-priced, "Shelby GT500 equivalant" Car.

Sorry if I just made you cry...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #23
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
There is NO definite evidence of a 550 hp version, none at all. Anything you have heard in regards to that, is purely speculation. (Unless I missed something, guys?). The Top of the Top may be seated at 460 hp most (at least in my book). The only reasoning that I have, is that the LS7 is dying, and it's replacement is the LS9, (or blown LS3). Which is equally expensive; what with the forged crank, and strenghtened parts. And at prices like that, the LS9 slowly drifts out of Camaro territory.

I'm not ruling out a 500+ hp Camaro, at all. But the evidence points against it as a mainstream Camaro. But if a 500 hp version does come out (which I think it will), it'll probably be a limited-numbers, high-priced, "Shelby GT500 equivalant" Car.

Sorry if I just made you cry...
I tend to agree with this, I think it will be a "specialty car" so to speak.

I do not think they will use the LS7, however, i can certainly see a blown LS3 in place, as i think the current NA LS3 will be the motor of choice anyways, and the Vette will have a hp bump.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #24
izwar

yes i agree i didnt mean it would be mainstream, def limited edition but if it does come out id def trade in the current camaro i had for that one.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #25
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
I must admit... one of my favourite pastimes is making dealers sweat, over the years i've helped a few of my mates out with getting fairly good deals, so i can't wait to nail some salesman's nuts to a wall over a new Camaro
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #26
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
hey guys this is honestly the best info Ive ever seen in reguards to new car buying info. CONSUMER REPORTS. they even offer a new carbuying kit that will give you the dealers invoice...but you have to pay for that heres the link

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...rice/index.htm

also check the links to the left of the page.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbychevy15 View Post
Screw that dude!! As soon as a dealer doesn't give me what I want I will be sure to have a sign prepared and I will sit outside the dealership, warning people of their scamming. We also have a thread dedicated to dealers saying the will sell at MSRP or better.
Don't ever take crap from a dealer, the can and will go much lower. Have multiple dealerships in mind, shop them all and carry their business cards. If a dealer says he won't do it then tell him this guy will and pull out a business card and call the other dealer right in front of him while walking out. Thats what I did with my GTO and they freaked!! They never want to get low balled by another dealership. They may act like they aren't making any money but they really are, don't let them make you feel bad and enjoy every minute of your time killing their hopes and dreams of a huge mark up sale. It is also very important to tell people about a dealership you didn't like because they know that word of mouth kills a reputation. This is all based on my personal experiences and my hatred to dealerships so take it for what you will. Shop around and be Patient is the best advice!

~Cheers!!
Hey, when you find the dealer that will give you a Camaro right away for $10,000 off the MSRP, you let me know! I will drive down to Oak Harbor and pick one up with you!
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #28
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Reminds me of when I bought my Grand Prix GTP. I kept going to the dealer and talking with a salesman and then leaving saying "I wanna think about it". On the 3rd visit the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. We talk for a bit and he puts him arm around my shoulder and says "Lemme tell you what I can do".

(Here it comes I thought)

"I can let you have it for $400 over invoice".

"Ok order it".

"Huh"?

"Thats all I was waiting for, go ahead and order it".

"Oh ok, we will get that order placed right away".

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote