Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
ambient lighting and interior trim kit question

Hey all, I think I know most everything about this car, but I can't find photos anywhere that show what these two options are. Is the ambient lighting option "stuck" to the leather option?

How does the orange interior trim look? Is the leather stitching orange or are there orange plastic trim pieces on the controls?

Thanks!
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
Hey all, I think I know most everything about this car, but I can't find photos anywhere that show what these two options are. Is the ambient lighting option "stuck" to the leather option?

How does the orange interior trim look? Is the leather stitching orange or are there orange plastic trim pieces on the controls?

Thanks!
For now, yes, the ambient lighting only comes with the leather, as in 2LT or 2SS. There is a CG pic of the ambient lighting on the Chevrolet website.

The orange interior has orange stitching (I believe) and orange SS stitched into the headrest, as well as orange trim. If you search for pics from the Indy Bash in the forums, there are a TON of pics of the orange interior.

Some people think it looks a little too red, some think it looks just right. It's also been said the pics don't accurately portray the color, so take them with a grain of salt. Welcome to the community!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
to add to Prime's notes -- the Orange is just about "Hugger Orange' -- the pictures make it look red, but it is ORANGE.........

Light pipes are orange --

In all other leather interiors -- the door inserts and I.P reveal molding is what I'd call 'Gunmetal' with a blue light pipe.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote