Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I have no idea whether the windshield wipers work and I don't intend to find out. I could have bought the car without them. Well, maybe not.
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
My '02 got drizzled on 2 times in the 10 years that I had it. I never drove it in the rain the entire time I had it and the engine bay looked like it had just came off the assembly line when I sold it. The guy that bought it said that I must have spent a lot of time detailing the engine compartment for it to look that good, and I told him that I had never driven the car in the rain and never detailed the engine compartment. I really enjoyed that car but when I sold it I realized that a lot of time that I could have enjoyed driving it was missed because I didn't want to take the chance of it getting any rain on it. I am the same way with my bikes.
I have promised myself that when the '13 gets here, that I am going to enjoy it more and not be so anal about keeping it immaculate like I did the last one. I also have a '98 Twin Turbo Supra I bought new for my wife that would past for showroom condition today, doesn't have 70K miles yet.

In short, I know where you are coming from, but I think we cheat ourselves out of some of the fun that our toys could give us if we were not so anal about perfection.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Cars are meant to be driven
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Daily driver, yep, I'm the idiot who got one for that. But I wash it just about every week, and I kind of enjoy that time.
yeah same here. drove in the pouring down rain for about 35 miles the other da, no problems other than the fact that the car was a huge mess.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I just drive mine rain or shine when necessary. I have learned to not be so anal about the car and actually enjoy driving it. Washing my car is when I check for anything that needs to be addressed.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
It's great having another vehicle to take when the weather looks sketchy. Ive gotten caught in the rain a time or two and coudln't help it. I enjoy taking care of my vehicles, it's my "me" time and good physcial/menta therapy!
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Wink

I go out in the rain, it won't melt. That's why I did RustCheck.
I bought the ZL1 with "You Only Live Once" in mind.
And my mother's saying "you can't take it with you"
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
My '02 got drizzled on 2 times in the 10 years that I had it. I never drove it in the rain the entire time I had it and the engine bay looked like it had just came off the assembly line when I sold it. The guy that bought it said that I must have spent a lot of time detailing the engine compartment for it to look that good, and I told him that I had never driven the car in the rain and never detailed the engine compartment. I really enjoyed that car but when I sold it I realized that a lot of time that I could have enjoyed driving it was missed because I didn't want to take the chance of it getting any rain on it. I am the same way with my bikes.
I have promised myself that when the '13 gets here, that I am going to enjoy it more and not be so anal about keeping it immaculate like I did the last one. I also have a '98 Twin Turbo Supra I bought new for my wife that would past for showroom condition today, doesn't have 70K miles yet.

In short, I know where you are coming from, but I think we cheat ourselves out of some of the fun that our toys could give us if we were not so anal about perfection.
Excellent points. Thanks for a great post! Puts things in perspective.
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
It wont hurt anything in the rain just drive it
Old 05-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I never got a chance to not drive mine in the rain as it was a rainy day when it arrived at the dealership and was still rainy when I picked it up and drove her home. All in all, no regrets. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm gunna put her up on jack stands and spend a whole weekend cleaning the undercarriage lol
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
The truck is for the rainy days, It makes me happy that my 3 Camaros never see rain
Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
+2
Add me to this list.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
it's rain.. who cares.. wash it and move on.. it's not like it's a priceless one of a kind collectors car that should be in a museum.

mine is a daily driver, sits in the driveway with the other cars because the garage is a workshop and houses my motorcycle so there is no room..

I'm glad I lost that over the top anal line of thinking and stress about things like this.. There are so many more important things in life to worry about besides "oh no a door ding" "oh no a drop of rain" "oh no i farted in my car"
Old 05-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
it's rain.. who cares.. wash it and move on.. it's not like it's a priceless one of a kind collectors car that should be in a museum.

mine is a daily driver, sits in the driveway with the other cars because the garage is a workshop and houses my motorcycle so there is no room..

I'm glad I lost that over the top anal line of thinking and stress about things like this.. There are so many more important things in life to worry about besides "oh no a door ding" "oh no a drop of rain" "oh no i farted in my car"