Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Fitting/ Choosing new rims/ tires to your ZL1

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advise, and I know this is the place to go and ask.

I'm interested in purchasing some winter wheels/ tires for my ZL1 convertible. Wife and I are considering a road trip from Chicago to Cali over Christmas break.

These wheels do not need to be 'track ready'. I need them to perform well in cold weather, rain, snow, etc . . . anything I might encounter on the way from Chicago to LA and BACK. Assume I'm coming back in early January.

I don't want to go out and max out the cost of this. If I were, I'd just try and get stock rims and probably put Pirelli sotozeros on them.

How do I know what will fit and what won't? Will regular 2012/2013 SS wheels fit? Do I need to be concerned with brake clearance?

Please assume I don't know much about this subject. All help is greatly appreciated.
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
The 2012/2013 SS wheels should fit just fine as long as they aren't the 18" wheels.
I had a set of American Hot Rod Torque Thrust wheels with the standard Perillie P0's on my 2011 2SS/RS Vert that I kept when I traded it in on my ZL1 Vert.

I put those same wheels/tires on the ZL1 just a few weeks ago in preparation for putting the ZL1 into the storage locker for the winter.

They went on and fit just fine with no clearance issues with the brakes at all.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote