Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #85
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Is your research on the CAI almost over ?? I think your probably educated enough on the subject now to actually buy one now. You know the CAI is a pretty insignificant mod in big scheme of things ??
LSR FTW
It has me really looking into mass air sensors and a tune as well....
Old 07-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #86
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
There is only one of arguing (that would be you)
Me on the other hand is just researching the facts from what is out there....

They teach this in college have you been.....
Us engineers are just use to searching out things and it looks like other have found this to be true......

Fools leap in while the wise research to get the facts.....
What's it to you if you are so satisfied with what you believe move on oh you can't.......

Rotofab can say they get about 85rwhp with a Jannety tune on a ZL1 but those that say they got 39rwhp or so with a tune using LSR is making it up?

The only people ever afraid conversation that differs from theirs are liars.....
The truth needs no protection from scrutinizing because it is the truth....
Yes I am a college grad and am currently considering choices for a school to get a second degree. And I will take back what I said about you being an idiot. It seems more appropriate that you simply have no idea how engines operate and don't know what you're talking about...you're confused. So I will clear some things up for you.

Fact 1. The dyno charts posted by the OP are unreliable and cannot be used.

Fact 2. The links you posted do nothing to prove your case for LSR. One of them makes no mention of the hp numbers or the gains and it does not show the graph. The other one shows gains and numbers that are consistent with other cars with similar modifications. This proves that LSR does not make significantly more than other intakes.

Fact 3. To this day I have not seen LSR step up to defend their claims. And I have not seen any independent testing to prove their claims.

Fact 4. In reference to your comment about CAI on a ZL-1 making 85 hp...yes that is possible. Because the ZL-1 has a forced induction engine. Forced induction engines respond a whole lot more to mods than an NA engine. Throw a cold air intake on a ZL-1 with a dyno tune and you will see a world of a difference. If you had knowledge of how engines operate then you would not have made that statement.

Fact 5. Writing ridiculous self-invented sayings in your post does not make you intelligent or enlightened...especially if you are ignorant. It just makes you look like a weirdo.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #87
camaroRND2

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS 6sp.
Hm if u wanna look at another dyno of LSR tuned intake look at my build thread it was done in Jacksonville Fl away from LSR so they couldn't mess with the numbers with a guy who has never heard of them. 1 of the runs was done with just boltons and the sct trine from LSR then I got JRE smooth idle blower cam and had an email tune sent from Janetty and was able to get 441rwhp but this was Janettys first time working with this intake without actualy having the car on his dyno. My tuner was able to safely get another 9rwhp out of the tune for 450rwhp with 1&3/4 " headers and highflow cats so maybe ther is another 5hp to gain but who cares those r the same numbers others r making with a
CAI or Rotofab and this cam. So I'm happy plus LSR is 15 minutes from where I live.
camaroRND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #88
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroRND2 View Post
Hm if u wanna look at another dyno of LSR tuned intake look at my build thread it was done in Jacksonville Fl away from LSR so they couldn't mess with the numbers with a guy who has never heard of them. 1 of the runs was done with just boltons and the sct trine from LSR then I got JRE smooth idle blower cam and had an email tune sent from Janetty and was able to get 441rwhp but this was Janettys first time working with this intake without actualy having the car on his dyno. My tuner was able to safely get another 9rwhp out of the tune for 450rwhp with 1&3/4 " headers and highflow cats so maybe ther is another 5hp to gain but who cares those r the same numbers others r making with a
CAI or Rotofab and this cam. So I'm happy plus LSR is 15 minutes from where I live.
Well said and again a great set up you have there......
In the end LSR is another option for people to consider because it works really well doing what it says.....
Old 07-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #89
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
lets wait on Teds testing
Old 07-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #90
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
lets wait on Teds testing
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #91
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Must have started carrying LSR intakes at Pep Boys! At least your getting better?
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #92
matt@lsrperformance.com

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Ok, all other posted videos and numbers posted aside, we have done the research and testing to get the most out of the upgrade. We did not just throw together a few pieces and test it once and market it as the best. We have refined it. It took several protypes and tunes to produce numbers we make. We tested it on the same car, same dyno, and same day. If the increase in airflow can produce 15 horse power then how can it be hard to believe that when tuned properly the gains over just the flow alone can be more then doubled. I will post our dyno charts of before and after so everyone can see the numbers. I know not everyone will believe them some people always think others are trying to get by on them but here it is anyway. If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Here is the results of our dyno testing:
matt@lsrperformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #93
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@lsrperformance.com View Post
Ok, all other posted videos and numbers posted aside, we have done the research and testing to get the most out of the upgrade. We did not just throw together a few pieces and test it once and market it as the best. We have refined it. It took several protypes and tunes to produce numbers we make. We tested it on the same car, same dyno, and same day. If the increase in airflow can produce 15 horse power then how can it be hard to believe that when tuned properly the gains over just the flow alone can be more then doubled. I will post our dyno charts of before and after so everyone can see the numbers. I know not everyone will believe them some people always think others are trying to get by on them but here it is anyway. If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Here is the results of our dyno testing:
Yes it is true that some people will not believe you. And some people will always think that others are trying to get by on them. I think your intake looks nice and I'm sure it performs well. Yet I have no desire in buying one for no other reason than that I like the Vararam intake I currently have. And I won't apologize or feel bad for expressing my skepticism in your claims. It isn't to drive others away or to call you guys out. I express doubt when I see something that looks out of the norm to me. Matter of fact, I questioned this dyno when I first saw it back in January. And it seems that this dyno is dated all the way back to 2010. Am I wrong? I just want some facts on this intake and the results.

With that, how is it that your intake with tune and exhaust is making more power and tq than other members who have cold air intakes with full exhaust, LT headers, AND dyno tunes? Even cars with 2 inch headers made less power than yours. There was only one car I could find that made more hp with LT headers, CAI intake, NPP exhaust, and dyno tune...yet they made less torque. In fact, the only NA cars I see making more than yours are LS3s with the aforementioned mods and an aftermarket cam. And in all the searching there is no independent testing done of your intake with tune. It's like this graph you posted from 2010 is the only one in existence. There was a video of a dyno with your intake posted back in 2010 (a day after you first posted the dyno in this thread) but even that video no longer exists. And then the OP posts a dyno with unreliable results...Baltimorejohn post a 7 minute video where the dyno results are not mentioned or shown...and the one video that does give an indication to the results actually shows a 30rwhp/15rwtq gain with your intake, Kooks headers, O/R pipes, and custom dyno tune. So what am I not getting? If these questions offend anyone then I don't know what to say. If I am wrong, then I will be the first to admit such. I just don't feel that there has been sufficient evidence to back up the claims. And I further feel that all evidence seen shows that your intake is right on par with other intakes.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #94
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes it is true that some people will not believe you. And some people will always think that others are trying to get by on them. I think your intake looks nice and I'm sure it performs well. Yet I have no desire in buying one for no other reason than that I like the Vararam intake I currently have. And I won't apologize or feel bad for expressing my skepticism in your claims. It isn't to drive others away or to call you guys out. I express doubt when I see something that looks out of the norm to me. Matter of fact, I questioned this dyno when I first saw it back in January. And it seems that this dyno is dated all the way back to 2010. Am I wrong? I just want some facts on this intake and the results.

With that, how is it that your intake with tune and exhaust is making more power and tq than other members who have cold air intakes with full exhaust, LT headers, AND dyno tunes? Even cars with 2 inch headers made less power than yours. There was only one car I could find that made more hp with LT headers, CAI intake, NPP exhaust, and dyno tune...yet they made less torque. In fact, the only NA cars I see making more than yours are LS3s with the aforementioned mods and an aftermarket cam. And in all the searching there is no independent testing done of your intake with tune. It's like this graph you posted from 2010 is the only one in existence. There was a video of a dyno with your intake posted back in 2010 (a day after you first posted the dyno in this thread) but even that video no longer exists. And then the OP posts a dyno with unreliable results...Baltimorejohn post a 7 minute video where the dyno results are not mentioned or shown...and the one video that does give an indication to the results actually shows a 30rwhp/15rwtq gain with your intake, Kooks headers, O/R pipes, and custom dyno tune. So what am I not getting? If these questions offend anyone then I don't know what to say. If I am wrong, then I will be the first to admit such. I just don't feel that there has been sufficient evidence to back up the claims. And I further feel that all evidence seen shows that your intake is right on par with other intakes.

You said it so much nicer than I could have .
Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #95
camaroRND2

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS 6sp.
I would focus more on the difference between dyno pulls then just the overall bump numbers themselves we all know different cars are freaks and some aren't. It's the gains that we should be focusing on.
camaroRND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #96
matt@lsrperformance.com

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
This does not offend us and we understand your concern. On these runs it doesn't mention on the graph that it also had Borla headers on both runs but they probably did not have a significant effect on the numbers. Its just different dyno, different day, different car. Not all dynos produce the same numbers this could be part of the higher numbers but we are not trynig to get hung up on the total power of the car. We are trying to show the numbers made from the addition of the CAI and tune. Skepticism is understandable and we are not trying to say with these mods our car made more power then others with more mods we are simply saying that adding our CAI and tune gained our car 33 horsepower on this particular run.
matt@lsrperformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #97
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ost6060302From another thread about same dyno sheet

"We do not have headers at this time..."

"The only modifications were the Borla cat back exhaust, LSR intake, and our custom tuning on 93 octane fuel.We have been doing this for years on the other side ... and we have never tried to "fib" our numbers. These are great gains with the parts listed above.*We are familiar with the SCT tuning process and have very qualified tuners at our facility.*Best Regards,*TJ"

No header, now has headers :-/
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #98
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@lsrperformance.com View Post
This does not offend us and we understand your concern. On these runs it doesn't mention on the graph that it also had Borla headers on both runs but they probably did not have a significant effect on the numbers. Its just different dyno, different day, different car. Not all dynos produce the same numbers this could be part of the higher numbers but we are not trynig to get hung up on the total power of the car. We are trying to show the numbers made from the addition of the CAI and tune. Skepticism is understandable and we are not trying to say with these mods our car made more power then others with more mods we are simply saying that adding our CAI and tune gained our car 33 horsepower on this particular run.
Total numbers make a difference because it is part of the whole picture. For instance, your numbers looked impossible...until you added that the car did have LT headers along with the LSR intake and the tune. If you were trying to sell that your car made a total of 428 whp/422 wtq with just the intake and tune when other cars are making that with headers intake and tune then that would have been absurd...no offense. But that is besides the point and is another discussion for another day.

Like I mentioned before, your gains are a little higher but still on par with other intakes on cars with similar mods. It is possible that your intake will out-perform others slightly. But what got me is that this thread was implying that your system was straight-up beating other intakes by a large margin. And I wanted to clarify this. Your intake with a custom/dyno tune will beat other intakes on the stock tune I'm sure. But add a custom/dyno tune to other intakes and then compare them to yours and I'm equally sure that the results will be closer. And I'm not asking you to advertise other intakes with yours. I just joined this discussion in this particular thread because comparisons were being made that were not entirely fair as others have pointed out. Thanks for clearing things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ost6060302From another thread about same dyno sheet

"We do not have headers at this time..."

"The only modifications were the Borla cat back exhaust, LSR intake, and our custom tuning on 93 octane fuel.We have been doing this for years on the other side ... and we have never tried to "fib" our numbers. These are great gains with the parts listed above.*We are familiar with the SCT tuning process and have very qualified tuners at our facility.*Best Regards,*TJ"

No header, now has headers :-/
Hmmm...how could I have missed that? Good catch matt55!!