Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #127
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
So... Forum discount at one of the vendors?

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2015, 06:56 AM   #128
2Fr3shKicks

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro RS
I love it, installed it and found a reason to leave the house just to see the power of it and it amazed me.
2Fr3shKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #129
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Well it WAS my reason to leave the house! So I installed it yesterday, uninstalled it, dry humped it, then re-installed it again. After reading a few threads here, looking at the pictures they provided (whoever you were, thank you very much!), and using the included instructions - it could not have been any easier. It's literally plug and play. It was installed in about 20 minutes, the hardest part was gaining access to it. I slid my seat all the way back and actually laid on my back on the floor. I used a tooth pick, to push the grey clip-lock in then yanked the thing apart. After plugging it in and tie wrapping it up, it was programmed in about 1 minute. I mounted the controller under the middle display screen and ran the wire along the right side of the steering column and through the under part of the dash. You can't see anything but the "SP9" on the display - it's fantastic.

It's not the best buck 80 I've spent on the car, it's buck 80 I've ever spent. It really changes the car. I have the 6 and I have to say, anyone with 180 bucks and 20 minutes to spare should get this for them and their cars' sake. It makes the 6 what Chevy obviously wanted it to be. You will freekin' love it. I normally don't curse snow but we got several inches last night and I installed the VTC yesterday before it got here. Work was closed today and I was so pissed because I want to drive my car SO BAD!!!! Seriously, anyone with the 6, take your "other mods" savings, wait till you get a buck 80, and buy a VTC. I'll post a vid as soon as I can - it's going to be a couple days though. Mean time I can post pics, just let me know what you want to see.

I'll answer any questions anyone has. I don't mind being asked the same thing again and again - that happens in a forum. It really is easy, if you're considering it, the cash is no problem but you're worried about the install, don't be. It is SO easy because this is such a great product. It comes with double sided tape for mounting the controller, it even includes a small black tie wrap so you can run the wires where you want. They thought of everything AND provide it. There's a reason everyone here, including me, is flipping out about it - they should be.
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #130
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
Its one of the best mods that I have done so far. Like everyone says easy installation and easy programming. No more dead spot when you floor the gas peddle, as soon as you push the gas peddle the car hauls ass!!! I have a V6 and this mod makes it feel like a V8. I have it set at SP7 otherwise it brakes the tires loose! Do yourself a favor and buy this thing it kicks ass!!! You wont regret it.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #131
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Where are you folks getting this item ??? Gots to get me some !!!
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #132
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmic View Post
Where are you folks getting this item ??? Gots to get me some !!!
Here ya go.
http://vitesse-motorsports.com/throt...010-camaro.htm
Old 03-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #133
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Thanks Again !!
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #134
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED10LS View Post
Its one of the best mods that I have done so far. Like everyone says easy installation and easy programming. No more dead spot when you floor the gas peddle, as soon as you push the gas peddle the car hauls ass!!! I have a V6 and this mod makes it feel like a V8. I have it set at SP7 otherwise it brakes the tires loose! Do yourself a favor and buy this thing it kicks ass!!! You wont regret it.
Yup! The hardest part is getting the tires to hook on SP9...
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #135
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
I have a question about it I know what setting to keep it on sp5 6 and 9 so on but the other button to the left that has eco numbers from 0 to 9 I believe

what do I keep that on for best results or do you even use that when you have it set to sp5 ? If this makes sense
Old 03-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #136
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonn View Post
I have a question about it I know what setting to keep it on sp5 6 and 9 so on but the other button to the left that has eco numbers from 0 to 9 I believe

what do I keep that on for best results or do you even use that when you have it set to sp5 ? If this makes sense
EC0 is stock and the higher number you go deadens the throttle response more. I keep mine set on EC0 so if I want to switch back to stock from my normal SP6 all I have to do is hit the EC button. Then to go back to SP6 I can just push the SP button.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:17 PM   #137
Chrome4Me

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Installed mine today. Really wakes up my V6.
When using the tap shifters it seems to up shift quicker and down shift quicker as well.
WOW

Tom
Chrome4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #138
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Vitesse Throttle Controller Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome4Me View Post
Installed mine today. Really wakes up my V6.

When using the tap shifters it seems to up shift quicker and down shift quicker as well.

WOW

Tom

Call me confused with this post. Tap shifting is a manual process how can this make the human hand tap quicker?

Old 03-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #139
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I really took my car out today and had some fun, I freaking love this thing...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Call me confused with this post. Tap shifting is a manual process how can this make the human hand tap quicker?

The actual shifting is still electronic. But I haven't noticed it shifting any faster when using the paddles, I used mine today. Maybe the placebo effect.
Now in full auto it will downshift sooner (less movement of the throttle) but not faster. It has no effect on the operation of the transmission.