Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 01:45 PM   #24823
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
The first ride this year after a long period of snow and bad weather

Name:  20220228_144015_HDR.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  302.0 KB

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #24824
Y88 TA

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS 6 Manual, 1978 Y88 TA
The 78 is looking good George. I envy you, we are 6 weeks away from going for a rip yet.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:18 AM   #24825
Tommi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual
I tuned off the annoying 1-4 skip shift with HP Tuners from my 2010 SS manual. Much nicer to drive around without it.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:57 AM   #24826
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y88 TA View Post
The 78 is looking good George. I envy you, we are 6 weeks away from going for a rip yet.
Thank you. I wish that were the case

The fact is that he has a lot of minor flaws in beauty.
On the mechanical side, however, it is perfectly fine.
The air conditioning is just removed - I don't use it on any of my cars, so I found it useless to return it there.
And I still have to find out why the cruise control doesn't work for me.
Otherwise it is in 100% condition.

The local repair services have severely damaged it.
They damaged the paint, the vinyl on the roof.
I put it together as best I could, but from 1 to 10 it's... 8.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:02 AM   #24827
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I tuned off the annoying 1-4 skip shift with HP Tuners from my 2010 SS manual. Much nicer to drive around without it.
This is suddenly beautiful in the world isn't it?
Every time it popped up, I almost angrily ate the steering wheel

Old 03-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #24828
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
Today we got a bath 🥴
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2022, 06:07 PM   #24829
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
OK, I broke down and bought a JDP tow hook for my Z instead of fabricating it. The only one I've seen that's strong and supposedly fits my car.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:07 AM   #24830
Tommi

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
This is suddenly beautiful in the world isn't it?
Every time it popped up, I almost angrily ate the steering wheel
Yes! and it seemed to work so randomly, because driving style and engine temp affects it, it was so stupid function. I wanted manual transmission for 100% control of the gears. And now it is sorted out!
Old 03-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #24831
George-CZ

Quote:
Yes! and it seemed to work so randomly, because driving style and engine temp affects it, it was so stupid function. I wanted manual transmission for 100% control of the gears. And now it is sorted out!
Hmmm ... that wasn't a randomly. It always started when you tried to shift exactly in 2000 RPM

Old 03-03-2022, 08:15 AM   #24832
Tommi

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
Hmmm ... that wasn't a randomly. It always started when you tried to shift exactly in 2000 RPM
Stock settings are:
TPS needs to be under 13%
coolant temp over 171F
Speed between 16 and 19 mph

Actually it doesn't mention RPM in the parameters. But anyway the main idea is to get rid of that function.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:38 AM   #24833
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Took a day and a half off from the brain press so I could strip it, hit it with the polisher, wash it again, and put on a coat of Nu Finish. Done around midnite. An intensive eight hour event with lots of coffee. Only my second time doing a machine polish. Turns out 3500 rpm is way better than 1500 rpm.

Ready for the first cars and coffee and baby is looking hot!
Going out again today to do the little things and clean up.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
Old 03-03-2022, 02:42 PM   #24834
George-CZ

Quote:
Stock settings are:
TPS needs to be under 13%
coolant temp over 171F
Speed between 16 and 19 mph

Actually it doesn't mention RPM in the parameters. But anyway the main idea is to get rid of that function.
I've never researched it like this before.
But I always caused it when the car was at operating temperature when I hit 2000 rpm.

Old 03-03-2022, 03:11 PM   #24835
George-CZ

Today Camaro got a full tank and then I spent the rest of the day working on Challenger.

Name:  20220303_114236_HDR.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  214.0 KB

Name:  20220303_175536.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  307.3 KB

Old 03-03-2022, 03:14 PM   #24836
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Took a day and a half off from the brain press so I could strip it, hit it with the polisher, wash it again, and put on a coat of Nu Finish. Done around midnite. An intensive eight hour event with lots of coffee. Only my second time doing a machine polish. Turns out 3500 rpm is way better than 1500 rpm.

Ready for the first cars and coffee and baby is looking hot!
Going out again today to do the little things and clean up.
Photo!

Closed Thread