Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-31-2023, 01:14 PM   #29
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I agree this is the nicest aftermarket set up I have seen, I really like the OEM look in these cars. Better support and I'd buy one.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:03 PM   #30
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretoven View Post
Yea I’m getting nervous, no response at all today, last contact was yesterday evening. One message via email after contacting them through the website. Followed by a message from their Instagram page shortly after the email. They had me try a basic troubleshooting step then asked me to send pics of my AC harness and it’s been crickets. Gonna try and relax and give them a couple more days since it’s the weekend

Side note: it’s 100 percent NOT my AC harness causing the issue
Any updates on the problem or contact with the vendor?
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 11:41 AM   #31
dretoven

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG454 View Post
Any updates on the problem or contact with the vendor?
I ended up returning the unit for a full refund. Apparently the main harness on the vehicle has some differences between the MyLink and Non MyLink Camaros that they didn’t account for. They were supposedly working on a new radio harness to offset this but eventually they suggested I cut a wire on the vehicles harness as a workaround that I wasn’t willing to do (Picture Below that they sent of the wire that needs to be cut for the workaround).

I will say the refund process wasn’t bad, requested it via their Instagram page and they sent the return label same day. All and all it wasn’t a terrible experience, they weren’t as responsive as I’d like sometimes but did get answer to the important questions. But for the amount of money you’re spending, I’d like to see slightly more responsive customer service.

In the end, it sucks it didn’t work out because it’s a nice looking unit. If you’re coming from a non MyLink camaro you shouldn’t have any issues. If you have the factory MyLink system, I’d stay away from it until they have the correct wiring harness included with the unit unless you’re ok with cutting a wire on your vehicle’s wiring harness.
Attached Images

Last edited by dretoven; 09-03-2023 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added additional info
dretoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:29 PM   #32
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Thanks for the reply. I’m sorry you couldn’t make the stereo unit work. I have one of their first units, the DO 1015. I’ve had it for about 3 years and haven’t had any problems with it. I’m looking at this new unit as I never liked losing the AC knobs. I’m a 2010, so maybe it will work for my car.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 02:36 PM   #33
Caymanspyder

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro RS
I replaced my MyLink unit with the new 8" unit with now issues, the sound is so much better than stock, I have been running this for about a week now. 2014 2lt RS

Caymanspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 11:29 PM   #34
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Super good looking unit.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:26 PM   #35
dretoven

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymanspyder View Post
I replaced my MyLink unit with the new 8" unit with now issues, the sound is so much better than stock, I have been running this for about a week now. 2014 2lt RS

I was hoping someone reviewed this on youtube, I may look into this since your camaro is a OG MyLink car and it seems you didnt have too many issues with it. That was the main issue I had with the digital octopus radio, the AC harness seems to be different between the MyLink and non MyLink camaro which was causing audio issues

Last edited by dretoven; 12-24-2023 at 08:55 AM.
dretoven is offline   Reply With Quote