Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #29
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
dense, or troll?
easy there troll baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
Seems like the way to park already gives attention to it. Just like people that like to take up more than one spot.

don't understand people treating their camaro like it is better than anything else out there and parking it in a way that is inconsiderate to everyone else....then they get mad when someone else acts like them.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #30
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
it's not inconsiderate if it doesn't negatively impact others. the way he describes it sounds like haters are just hating, to me.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #31
Becka1988

Drives: Dream Girl 2011 1SS
slash his tires next time he does that!

I may be overreacting, but I'm just so dang tired of dealing with jerks! I live above Mr and Mrs Jerkface and I have to hold back my rage because all I can think about is how they're going to retaliate against my car......when i get it....
Becka1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
it's not inconsiderate if it doesn't negatively impact others. the way he describes it sounds like haters are just hating, to me.
parking in a way so that it pushes another spot into a no-parking (like he described) is inconsiderate, doesn't matter who you are. It obviously is found inconsiderate by more than 1 person at his place of work and I happen to agree with those people and u called me dense or troll? easy there.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #33
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
There's your problem, you're in FORD country!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouhockeyplayer View Post
So we had a fire drill at work today and naturally they have everyone gather as far away from the building as possible. Well, as far away as possible is where I park my Camaro. Having a mass of people around my car makes me paranoid but luckily it looks like everyone respected my Camaros bubble. It was what I heard on the way back in to the office that got me fired up. I was walking behind two guys and their lady friend. The lady friend looks at my Camaro and says, "wow that guy does not know how to park." (referring to how I take the last spot in the row and move the car a little over into the no park zone at the end). The guy then says, "yeah the other day I purposely parked within inches of his car." When I walked out the other day I did noticed a red Saturn Solctice pretty close to my car but his drivers door was the opposite of my car, so I figured he was scared of door dings like me. I didn't say anything in fear that this might cause unwanted attention to my car, but it really ticked me off. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to vent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
parking in a way so that it pushes another spot into a no-parking (like he described) is inconsiderate, doesn't matter who you are. It obviously is found inconsiderate by more than 1 person at his place of work and I happen to agree with those people and u called me dense or troll? easy there.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it doesn't sound like the OP pushed another spot into a no-parking zone. It sounds like they parked at the end of the row, and next to his spot was a no-parking zone.

What I'm visualizing is something similar to the picture in this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=parking+spot by Kahdir. (10th post down)

The difference I'm seeing would be that the OP parks a little in the no park zone, while the car in the other thread didn't. It doesn't sound like they took up 2 spots.

I see other Camaros around me park in two spaces and it doesn't bother me personally, but I just feel bad for the poor car because I know someday it will get keyed by someone. I like to stay between the lines because I think it is safer for all involved.

Last edited by Plainfield; 11-05-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: tried to fix link -- hope it worked
Plainfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #35
Tommy Pike Customs

Drives: 2010 TPC Camaro
The guy had a saturn. What did you expect?
Tommy Pike Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #36
Murph0408

Drives: 2LT Black '10 Camaro, 2000 Durango
i park far away at my job too and people make their stupid comments "lol you dont need to park so far away thats a long walk ha ha ha." then they wonder how i got a car thats 14 months old with no dings or scratches.

when i hear that typa chatter i'm just like
Murph0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #37
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Kick him in the box
fixed it for ya
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it doesn't sound like the OP pushed another spot into a no-parking zone. It sounds like they parked at the end of the row, and next to his spot was a no-parking zone.

What I'm visualizing is something similar to the picture in this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/newrep...eply&p=2516034 by Kahdir. (10th post down)

The difference I'm seeing would be that the OP parks a little in the no park zone, while the car in the other thread didn't. It doesn't sound like they took up 2 spots.

I see other Camaros around me park in two spaces and it doesn't bother me personally, but I just feel bad for the poor car because I know someday it will get keyed by someone. I like to stay between the lines because I think it is safer for all involved.
If you park in a no parking zone whether it be the end of a row, near a handicap ramp, or whatever then you're drawing attention to yourself. The point being that if you were to make an effort park away from everyone else why are you taking up more space than necessary? If someone then were to intentionally box you in or park close to you for no reason other than to get under your skin, then you handle it however you choose (civilly I'd hope at first).

If you take up two spots (and you can easily fit into one)... you're asking for whatever you get at that point.

edit: btw your link does something funky
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #39
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
easy there troll baby

don't understand people treating their camaro like it is better than anything else out there and parking it in a way that is inconsiderate to everyone else....then they get mad when someone else acts like them.

How is it inconsiderate? I always try to find a parking spot at the end of the row with a "no parking zone" next to it and move my car slightly into the "no parking zone". It's not affecting anyone. You're not double parking, no one can park in that zone anyway, and the camaro will always draw a lot of attention because c'mon, it's a damn camaro. Haters will sip on that hatorade anyway because people are envious.

And why park like that? Because I don't want to pay for door dings later on. Some people are just careless swinging their doors open uncontrollably while getting out of their cars. Trust me, I've seen it happen in front of me many times and it's not a pretty site.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #40
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Response. "When you talk about somebody else, you should be aware that other people are listening and what they hear may be repeated to those you are talking about. I will cut out the middle man here. That is my Camaro and I park that way for a reason. I don't appreciate the way you parked your Solstice just to bust my balls. So what if I park a little crooked, nobody else parks out here so it's like I am hogging parking spots. I'll be watching and listening. Have a nice day.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #41
Adrian5

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Yea fire alarm went off a couple days ago at my work and everyoone gathered around my camaro in that section of the parking lot. I was accross the parking lot in a different evacuation section though :/. I don't know what exactly everyone said but one of the top people here keeps eyeing my baby hard lol (in a good way).
Adrian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #42
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pike Customs View Post
Like a glove! You could always use this, or google Mickey Mouse Parking and search images. I know some people that use those. Feel free to print some off and keep a supply in the car.
ITGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote