Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
CAI BEWARE

first off here are my user names on 2 other boards if you want to check out my buyer/seller feedback it's 100%. 94 guy on ls1 tech http://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=9524 or jjthekingkong http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jjthekingkong on ebay. now after you see my feedback do you think i would damage my brand CAI update kit? here some pics.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
94guy

fast forward 10 minutes after i receive the tube i call and get a answering machine next i send a pm. few days later we speak on the phone. bill tells me that there is no way that tube left the his shop looking like that and that i must have pryed my MAF out of it and messed it up. then he says send more pics so he can see the condition of the whole tube. i do that as you can see the tube looks fine. he ask me to send it back to them so they can inspect it. i do. well they get it today and change their tune about prying the MAF out. they said i must have dented in with a hammer because i did'nt want the tube anymore . so he goes on to tell me that they can sell me a new tube and i'm like what. now if you looked at my feedback do i look like a guy that would damage this thing really?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
94guy

if you look good at the first pic. you will see the maf bung markings on it from where a machine ran ove the face of the bung and messed it up. then it was coated after.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Cold Air Inductions Inc. takes providing good customer service very seriously. After all, where would we be without our customers. The customer who posted above was offered multiple options as a solution, yet cussing me out was all he really seemed to want to do while myself, the owner of the company, and our Quality Engineer all listened to him over speakerphone. Unfortunately some people are just never happy.

Aside from the fact that we carefully inspected the tube that was sent back to us to determine what had actually happened to it. The customer slipped up over the phone multiple times and said things that we never even stated (basically making it obvious that he was guilty of things that we had not even said yet!) I also received PM's that were defensive and made it sound as if he was not happy with the product before it even shipped.

This customer has been given a full refund for the item he purchased, less the shipping (which he agreed to when he purchased the product on our website).

Even though we are 100% sure that we did not damage the product or ship it damaged, and that he deliberately damaged it and tried to blame us so that he could get a refund, we still gave him a full refund according to the terms and conditions he agreed to.

Long story short, we sell thousands of systems and occasionally we do make an error or ship something incorrect. When we do we man up, admit it, and fix the problem. Unfortunately this is not good enough for some people. Thank you to our 1000's of happy customers, you make dealing with people like the guy above all worth it!!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
Great Product excellent customer service just love my CAI Experience! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=39707
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro52010 View Post
Great Product excellent customer service just love my CAI Experience! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=39707
Thanks man, thats how 99.99% of our customers feel. Some people just like to be angry I guess!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
pikSkip

Drives: '69 VET, '70 Z28
94guy, I'm surprised and sorry that you're having problems getting this issue resolved. :(

The contact I've had with CAI has been very good. When a supplier for my CAI was not shipping as agreed, I contacted CAI directly and then got a tracking number later that same day. The several times, I've talk to their reps at meets this year, they have been very informative and helpful.

I hope everything works out well for you.

2010 Black/Beige 2SS/RS A6 SRoof
(Cat-back SLP Loud Mouth II, CAI, Technostalgia Rapid Fire TL) CONO (Camaros of NW Ohio)
Old 08-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
94guy

look in the top left hand corner and you will see the date and time i pm'ed bill about the issue. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/privat...m&pmid=1445379 here is the UPS tracking# from CAI 1Z4543AY0394554760 if you look at it you will see the date and time i received the cai kit. you will notice there is 17 minute diff. also notice my wife signed for it. she brought me the box about 5 minutes after the UPS man dropped it off so that leaves me about 12 minutes to get the box open it up and look at it then (according to bill@cai decide i don't want it, try to think of a way to make it defective so i could get my money back. so then according to bill@cai i beat up the maf bung or slot with something like a hammer. all of this in 12 minutes. And i have 100% seller/buyer feedback. i even have 9 good feedbacks on this board. please look up the UPS tracking to confirm the time frame.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Maybe the kit was damaged in shipping and/or it made its' way past whoever QA's their kits, who knows for sure?

I've had 2 intake kits from CAI, both were in perfect condition. I've had a few Q's about the kit and the adm scoop setup, so when I called CAI to ask and whoever answered the phone was plenty helpful and def professional.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
94guy

i also have the cai kit on my car with the whipple hence the only reason i purchased the update kit.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
I find it hard to believe that CAI has not been reasonable in their dealings with you. I have found them to be one of the most professional, helpful and stand up vendors that I have dealt with. Excellent product, quality, service and support. Would buy from them again in a heartbeat. Could not be happier with their unit.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
94guy

the whole problem was they accused me right off the bat of doing this. yes they tried to make good with me. they offered me to get 50% refund or pay for a brand new one. does that seem making right to you? then after treating me like i'm the one that did this they offered to gring it down and fix it. hell if i would have let them do that then send it back to me and had a maf air leak they would have said oh well.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikSkip View Post
The contact I've had with CAI has been very good. When a supplier for my CAI was not shipping as agreed, I contacted CAI directly and then got a tracking number later that same day. The several times, I've talk to their reps at meets this year, they have been very informative and helpful.
Thank you, we try!! We gave the guy a full refund, not sure what else hes going for here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
I've had 2 intake kits from CAI, both were in perfect condition. I've had a few Q's about the kit and the adm scoop setup, so when I called CAI to ask and whoever answered the phone was plenty helpful and def professional.
Thank you for the kind words, we strive for great customer service!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
I find it hard to believe that CAI has not been reasonable in their dealings with you. I have found them to be one of the most professional, helpful and stand up vendors that I have dealt with. Excellent product, quality, service and support. Would buy from them again in a heartbeat. Could not be happier with their unit.

We gave the guy a FULL REFUND, yet he still complains, I just don't get it. Thanks for the support, as you know, our customers mean everything to us and we do all we can to make sure they are satisfied!!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
ArmoSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
94guy...so you had what you consider a bad experience. Misunderstandings happen. Not one person has complained about CAI, their product, or their customer service. On the contrary, I've literally read hundreds of threads about the quality of their product and their service, hence why I just ordered and received my cai 2 weeks ago with ADM scoop. They're both installed and are awesome. You yourself keep stating how you're a vendor and have lots of great feedback, etc. If you were an intelligent vendor (which i dont doubt you are), you would accept that misunderstandings happen and seldom first impressions are not always accurate. Moreover, as a vendor, you would not want a situation such as this to impact your business, nor would want a customer to potentially exploit inaccuarcies about you and your business due to certain misconceptions. So as a vendor, you should exercise more professionalism, and as a customer, have the ability to "forgive" a situation that has rarely (if at all) happened before with CAI, and allow yourself to put a great weight on the hundreds of positive feedback for CAI and your one single, isolated incident that is competely up for interpretation. We all love to be special, but one bad example in comparison to hundreds of positive ones holds absolutely no value.

Closed Thread