Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #29
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Good luck OP, I quess those are decent reasons, but that third one has me shackin my head in disbelief, I wave to others in Camaros, if they dont wave back then my life goes on, aint gonna use it as a reason to get rid of my car.
The Paint? I must have got a good copy! I drove 41000 in the last twenty months and it actually looks awesome to me still, (taking into account the two scrapes I put into it being a dumb@$$ and not whatching where and how I was parking) plus I drive a mile and a half everyday down a red Georgia clay dirt road, this car holds up WAY better than that POS Monte Carlo I use to have.
Sounds like you got a crappy unit when you bought your car, you did mention you bought it used so even though you have Carfax and other entities out there that inform you of what you are buying, they STILL are not very accurate because lots of times the last previous owner most likely had the car repaired on their own dime in order to save money somewhere pertaining to their insurance, and then just unloaded it onto a used car lot before someone noticed the issues.
I bought new and if there were any issues with my car, I know I would become a thorn in the side of the dealership until they took care of my car. If I bought my car used and found the things you found on yours then I really wouldn't blame it on the maker of the car, I would just chalk it up to the killer deal I made on the car buying it used, and would realize why I got it so cheap......just my two cents
Old 07-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #30
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Congrats on the vette but that is a strange list to get rid of a car. Some vette owners wave most do not. They look just like every vette from 05-13 so there are just as many out there as any other car, more are being DD because you can snag them up cheap now. I would have chose a different color than a red corvette as that is the most common color. I would have gone LBM or DSM or AO to sorta stand out. Car shows are just like any other car show but worse with all corvette shows. Lots of 60+ people that cant talk cars and wont acknowledge any younger people. My vette club was a little different but they were a rare bread. I got tired of people asking me when my dad wants his car back. I was 26 at the time. My front bumper and fenders looked like somebody hit it with a sand blaster after a few years of owning it.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
You are right it doesn't compare with a ZL1 with a LSA with 580hp and 3rd gen magnetorheological shocks.
Since most places test the ZL1 in at 12.1-12.3 stock and a LS2 vette records 12.3-12.5 (on run flats by the way)......yup...I would say I am. Half the price too. Half a decade old technology as well. Also, the Z51 suspension puts it around Nurburg at a 7:59 (again with run flats). The ZL1 was a 7:41. Eighteen seconds less? The ZL1 has almost 200 more horses, a five year newer suspension, real sport tires, and was driven by one of the best race car drivers out there when it set that time. Over double the price....for 18 seconds on the nurburg. I find those close numbers to be comparable....

Last edited by SSinisterLS3; 07-09-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #32
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Maybe previous owner did not care for the finish properly? I don't have any of those 3 issues mentioned. Good luck with vette.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #33
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
I have both an '07 Z06 and an '11 SS, had the vette first and STILL wanted the Camaro 3 years later. As far as paint is concerned, the vette's does seem to be more durable, it might have something to do with the shape of both vehicles. I had an '05 GTO (black) before the vette, horribly fragile paint. The dealer authorized a one-time "Good Faith" repaint of the hood, bumper and front fenders. Before long, more damage accrued, I just dealt with it at that point. I still enjoyed driving her despite the paint issue, stroked motor, h/h/c, full Pedders, shifter, wheels and tires made me almost forget about the paint. I have a few nicks on the SS, but like the GTO, the current mods make it so much fun to drive that I don't even stress about the small blemishes. Never had my spoiler off so don't know what's happening back there. I doubt I'll ever check either...

Camaro's are becoming very common, but that was inevitable. There are far more Mustangs though. I have a few cosmetic upgrades that set mine apart, but even if I saw the exact twin of mine, wouldn't concern me at all. My neighbor's have vehicles that blend in with thousands of other cars trucks and SUV's, so I can't be concerned with another white/orange Camaro when there are so many black Explorers, blue Accords, silver Altima's, etc...

As far as the "Wave" thing, vette owners (almost) always wave, I sometimes get a wave from Camaro drivers too, but it's always been like that for Vette owners. Everyone has their own reasons for what they drive, enjoy your Vette, I definitely enjoy mine, but the Camaro also makes me smile in its own way. I wouldn't part with either one of them! For the record, folks that I've had at the crib seeing both rides seem to prefer the Camaro's looks to the Z, even though they know the Z will smash the SS, performance wise.
Attached Images

Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.

Last edited by Good2go; 07-09-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #34
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
If you've read my many posts you know I recently traded a 12' Grand sport, I've owned 10 of them since 1987, love them, will have another, but they have there problems also. Best of Luck to you & I'm sure we'll both be in a car waving at each other soon.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #35
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Congrats on the vette even though its a convertible, I hate them, all bands makes and models. I actually wanted one until I came to the realization that it would not work with my driveway, so went with a camaro. Maybe in a few years I get one if the house market turns so I can move.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm into my 4th summer in my 2010 2SS.

I'm keeping it because it's fun to drive. The rest doesn't matter.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Congrats on the vette even though its a convertible, I hate them, all bands makes and models. I actually wanted one until I came to the realization that it would not work with my driveway, so went with a camaro. Maybe in a few years I get one if the house market turns so I can move.

I installed a set of LG coilovers on the Z, and she's lowered. I have to be very selective on where I drive her for that reason. When the new house was built, I requested a lot with a low-angle driveway just for that reason!
Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
SSinisterLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
I would just chalk it up to the killer deal I made on the car buying it used, and would realize why I got it so cheap......just my two cents
Search "paint issues". On the forum bar. Up there. Yup. That's why I blame GM for it. Paint under the spoiler peeling is not a previous owner issue.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #39
jph2275

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

Good riddance. Those sure are funny reasons to get rid of a car. But whatever. Hopefully all the Vette owners will give you the wave you need desperately desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #40
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
A 2015 or 16 Vette is my next car, but I agree with this...., I've never experienced any of those reasons...really, it's important that people wave?

wow...

id agree. kinda just get the impression he is wanting to stand out like he is driving a Ferrari without buying one. Im happy he is happy and to each his own but personally IDC what ppl say or think abt my car it gives me a giant smile even if i pass 100 of them a day exactly like mine.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #41
SSinisterLS3

Well, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink. People don't understand. Piece of the pie. Pick out that, and it makes no sense. It's ONE reason why the owners are poor people (majority). Poor personalities is the main point to be made. Does your mom hold your hand when you take a leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Can I get some cliff notes??? Was he happy with the Camaro or No?
Sure. Not happy. Camaro is overpriced, paint was peeling, steering wheel whining after being replaced only 1k miles ago, headlights changed colors on me, and spoiler was completely missing paint underneath. Peeled right off. Thats cliff notes of my ownership.

Happy with Corvette. Better quality. Faster. Cleaner. No door dings to worry about(fiber glass). Cheaper insurance.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #42
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
so you got rid of your Camaro cause douche bags own them, then you bought a Vette?

Closed Thread