Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #43
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Well, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink. People don't understand. Piece of the pie. Pick out that, and it makes no sense. It's ONE reason why the owners are poor people (majority). Poor personalities is the main point to be made. Does your mom hold your hand when you take a leak?
What? where u going with that?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #44
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Good Luck with the Vette, we hate to see you go but you gotta be happy
Old 07-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #45
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Actually your mom......Wait I got banned for a mom joke last month so I'll say this instead. Here's your waive you needed so badly. Now don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Adding to the great gen 5 crowd......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
so you got rid of your Camaro cause douche bags own them, then you bought a Vette?
See post 1. "Top THREE"
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #46
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
Congrats on the new ride! Sad to see your camaro go. I'm glad some one informed me that I'm supposed to be waving at all the other camaros. But now I'm confused....my DD is a Nissan Frontier...am i supposed to be waving at all those folks to?:o

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #47
walky35

Quote:

Adding to the great gen 5 crowd......
you kinda started the trash talking. not that i would have responded the same way he did but your paragraph bashing us doesnt make u look so good urself.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #48
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP glad you got that off your chest. Feel better now? Bye.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #49
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Congrats on the Vette, didn't the factory warrant the paint?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #50
SSinisterLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
you kinda started the trash talking. not that i would have responded the same way he did but your paragraph bashing us doesnt make u look so good urself.
Because I have to spell it out for people who don't feel like reading. Like you. I post three reasons (actually more) and the most common thing in this thread is "OH, you got rid of your car because someone didn't wave at you?" REALLY PEOPLE? Umm, see post 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Congrats on the Vette, didn't the factory warrant the paint?
Nope. Was labeled "wear and tear" since most of it was on the front of the car. The spoiler was not, since it was being replaced after warranty expired. Yeah. Right after it too.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #51
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Congrats on the Vette but I'm confused as to why you needed to justify your decision to get one, to me. Only justification you need is that you wanted one. I do profess extra confusion to no people waving at you being a criteria, but hey, it's up to you

And before you get offended for me saying something about people waving, here's what you wrote, in post #1:

"I’ve been asked at work why I got rid of it. The reasons are simple, unaddressed, and repetitive. So, as I was asked one hour ago, name 3 reasons you got rid of it."

You then proceeded to choose the waving issue as one of your reasons, not me. If you didn't want people to think that was a big deal for you, you shouldn't have listed it as one of your three reasons

Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #52
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Search "paint issues". On the forum bar. Up there. Yup. That's why I blame GM for it. Paint under the spoiler peeling is not a previous owner issue.
If you would have finished that search, you would have found that there was a TSB on the issue and it would have been taken care of. The cause of it isn't a paint issue, it's the result of a spacer issue under the spoiler.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #53
walky35

Quote:
Because I have to spell it out for people who don't feel like reading. Like you. I post three reasons (actually more) and the most common thing in this thread is "OH, you got rid of your car because someone didn't wave at you?" REALLY PEOPLE? Umm, see post 1.

Nope. Was labeled "wear and tear" since most of it was on the front of the car. The spoiler was not, since it was being replaced after warranty expired. Yeah. Right after it too.

No i got what u were saying. Majority of us just think it comes off as ur either 1. trying to start something (and b.c i at this moment have nothing going on fell for it) or 2. really in the that big of need for self validation.

like i said a long time ago im happy ur happy but if u wanna feel like ur driving a Ferrrari buy one dont expect a normal car to make u stand out like the way you expected it to.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #54
SSinisterLS3

No justification. Just points proven to be of concern. Maybe someone who is interested in buying one will actually be fed a little truth besides the crap I was. First thing I heard from the dealer was "This is a corvette with four seats. The suspension in this thing, is just as fast." Umm, what? Again, it is stated why I did this in the introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
if u wanna feel like ur driving a Ferrrari buy one dont expect a normal car to make u stand out like the way you expected it to.
A 40,000 dollar car should stand out. If made right, it should. A Focus ST stands out and thats only 25. It's something the styling reels you in. Thats what it did in the Transformers movie. Everyone was pulled right in. After that dies, the camaro is in trouble. You can't push 40,000+ units a year and call that a "collectable muscle car." It won't be worth anything. There's over 200,000 of them on the roads and climbing.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #55
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
Quote:
Well, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink. People don't understand. Piece of the pie. Pick out that, and it makes no sense. It's ONE reason why the owners are poor people (majority).
Yup, I'm poor cuz I'm always modding my rides.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1373417498967.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  55.4 KB

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥
Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #56
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
SSinisterLS3,

Sorry to hear about the Camaro, but congratulations on your Corvette! I hope it brings you much satisfaction! Feel free to message us anytime with concerns and drive safe out there!

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
But don't count on it, still waiting two weeks for a reply.

Closed Thread