Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #29
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Actually, no they are not. They WERE selling their spoiler on this site. They have since, decided, for whatever reason, to stop production. I can't knock the guys too badly because they aren't a large retailer. They do custom stuff for movies, which is a pretty awesome gig. However, this Firebreather spoiler is something a lot of people are wanting and they saw a chance to cash in on the demand. Unfortunately, I don't think they have the means to meet demands. I'm not sure if the design is copyrighted or what. My original suggestion was for somebody to license the design and produce it in greater quantities.

These fine gentlemen have stepped up to the plate and are wanting to give it a go. They're also taking customer input as to what works or doesn't work with the original design and they're willing to work with those suggestions to give consumers what they want, and, from what it sounds like, at a very fair and reasonable price.

This is all preliminary, at the moment, so, I can't go hoisting these guys on our shoulders just yet. Let's see a final product and a price and get them installed on some vehicles first. Then we'll known if it's time to pop the corks and celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
They, Firebreather, are selling their spoiler, on this site
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #30
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
OH, didn't know that...oh well!

Thanks for the info!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #31
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
I love it and want one....cost be damned. My theme is White Lightning and I think the lines and shape add to the overall look I want. Please make this wing available and affordable. I vote YES...make it happen!!!

attention Greenvillepilot: Shut up!!!
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #32
XxDooMxX

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Actually, no they are not. They WERE selling their spoiler on this site. They have since, decided, for whatever reason, to stop production. I can't knock the guys too badly because they aren't a large retailer. They do custom stuff for movies, which is a pretty awesome gig. However, this Firebreather spoiler is something a lot of people are wanting and they saw a chance to cash in on the demand. Unfortunately, I don't think they have the means to meet demands. I'm not sure if the design is copyrighted or what. My original suggestion was for somebody to license the design and produce it in greater quantities.

These fine gentlemen have stepped up to the plate and are wanting to give it a go. They're also taking customer input as to what works or doesn't work with the original design and they're willing to work with those suggestions to give consumers what they want, and, from what it sounds like, at a very fair and reasonable price.

This is all preliminary, at the moment, so, I can't go hoisting these guys on our shoulders just yet. Let's see a final product and a price and get them installed on some vehicles first. Then we'll known if it's time to pop the corks and celebrate.
+1
i am totally agree with you..
Thats the right thinkin bud
XxDooMxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #33
ZER0

Drives: None yet....
Bump for more info
ZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #34
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post

On the thread that I originally made that actually got the production company to make these spoliers was selling them at $395 and u got on it and started bashing them for the price. . . now ur saying this company is $45 cheaper and that makes it a fair and resonable price?

granted 45 bux is 45 bux and im not complaining about that but seriously im not following why u didnt like thier price.

anyways back on track im a +1 for interest in getting one!

I would of purchased from the other company but at the time i was moving out so it made me watch what i was spending so i was going to wait till christmas. . next thing u know they stop production. . . LAME
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #35
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
I wanted a Firebreather spoiler.. but if you can do even better, in looks, function, and price. Then count me in =)
Old 12-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #36
coolman

I would like to see it on a camaro rear instead of the firebreather before I form an opinion.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #37
JBruno88

Drives: 1LT/RS
I like the original spoiler. It looks real good. But what I really want is those tail lights! How much would something like that cost to do?
JBruno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #38
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
My issue with the price simply isn't based on the price but, more about the subsequent costs associated with the spoiler after you get it. First, the one from the original thread doesn't come painted. I know the price you quote is $395 but with shipping it's $450. $450 for an unpainted spoiler is too much. I understand that there's more materials for this spoiler but, you can get a painted dovetail for around $250. More material = more money but, not $150-200 worth. One can argue about the time and money spent engineering the product but, that money was given to the company from the film they designed it for. So, all we're talking about is cost of materials and labor to produce. Then there is the matter of follow-up costs with the spoiler. $450 for the spoiler, shipped, but, now you have to get it painted. Conservatively, I'll say $125-$175. Also, now you've got to get the holes from the factory spoiler plugged up and painted since the firebreather spoiler doesn't use the same holes. That's another cost of $150-$200. Potentially, you're looking at a cost as high as $900 to complete the installation of this spoiler. That's what my issue with the price is.

As discussed, in this thread, I've made it clear that if these guys can put a PAINTED Firebreather-like spoiler out, that can use or at least seal/hide the factory holes, for around $400-$450, then that would be a reasonable price. There would be no additional painting cost or no additional cost for plugging holes and painting them to jack the entire project price towards the $1,000 mark. $450 is way better than $900.

Hopefully, that makes better sense. If the original guys offered it painted and with using the factory holes then they would have gotten a thumbs up from me. As it stands, I wish I had more hands to give them more thumbs down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJester7 View Post
On the thread that I originally made that actually got the production company to make these spoliers was selling them at $395 and u got on it and started bashing them for the price. . . now ur saying this company is $45 cheaper and that makes it a fair and resonable price?

granted 45 bux is 45 bux and im not complaining about that but seriously im not following why u didnt like thier price.

anyways back on track im a +1 for interest in getting one!

I would of purchased from the other company but at the time i was moving out so it made me watch what i was spending so i was going to wait till christmas. . next thing u know they stop production. . . LAME
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #39
greenvillepilot
2fast4you

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
attention Greenvillepilot: Shut up!!!

LOL, can't knock me for trying to stay unique. I absolutely love the spoiler, it gets rave reviews and lots of thumbs up when I drive around. If CDC is not going to sell it, I think id be awesome for another company to do it.

My only con about it is, its kinda heavy. My trunk stays up but barely and you have to be careful when closing the trunk or it will slam pretty hard. Other than that its a BEAST.
Attached Images

greenvillepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillepilot View Post
LOL, can't knock me for trying to stay unique. I absolutely love the spoiler, it gets rave reviews and lots of thumbs up when I drive around. If CDC is not going to sell it, I think id be awesome for another company to do it.

My only con about it is, its kinda heavy. My trunk stays up but barely and you have to be careful when closing the trunk or it will slam pretty hard. Other than that its a BEAST.
After seeing that, I will have to pass.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #41
drex1999

Drives: 77 Vette, 10 1LT
Sorry, I make fun of the ricer owners with wings like this. You will be no exception.
How much HP does it come with?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #42
cerealkller72
Nightshade

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillepilot View Post

I wanted to let you know I sent an email to Stabilus today to see if they might have a stronger strut to replace the factory ones, I'll let you know what I find out. I figure weight might be an issue with the one being developed by the new company as well so thought I'd mention it on this thread.
cerealkller72 is offline   Reply With Quote