Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #141
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Posting before someone says it's a Dodge thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
To which I'll respond it started with the Corvette's back in the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Lose the Dodge hash marks (yes, I know it's a Corvette racing thing from yesteryear but... lose them).
Didn't take long
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #142
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
It's all assumption at this point.. I guess we should all just be quiet and not say anything then that doesn't follow along with sheeple commentary then? I thought part of the point was to solicit opinion and general thoughts from those that they would be targeting.
calm down....
I didn't make any personal attacks at you.

Some people are just saying, "this is what the car is going to be, and if it's not it'll be a failure"

We have yet to see if this car is even going anywhere other than concept. People just need to sit back and take a look at reality before passing judgement
Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #143
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Didn't take long

I think they look cool. I like how they integrated them into the hood.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #144
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

I think they look cool. I like how they integrated them into the hood.
They should go past the fender ridge though
Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #145
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
calm down....

Some people are just saying, "this is what the car is going to be, and if it's not it'll be a failure"

We have yet to see if this car is even going anywhere other than concept. People just need to sit back and take a look at reality before passing judgement
Yeah, there's no guarantee that this will ever make it to production as it is. But to see who would be interested in something like this.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #146
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
They should go past the fender ridge though
I disagree. Mine look just like those. I think it looks better stopping at the fender ridge.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #147
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
calm down....

Well... To be fair... People were pulling the weight card on the ZL1 long before it was known.... A lot of them were proven correct when 4120 was published.. Now that ZL1 is what it is, there are just people that want to see a lightweight road racing car that's more go than show.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #148
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I disagree. Mine look just like those. I think it looks better stopping at the fender ridge.
Mine do too
I just always wish they would stretch all the way down, I just think they look a bit incomplete.

Quote:
Well... To be fair... People were pulling the weight card on the ZL1 long before it was known.... A lot of them were proven correct when 4120 was published.. Now that ZL1 is what it is, there are just people that want to see a lightweight road racing car that's more go than show.
Then build it yourself. It's not going to happen unless it's close to the same price as the ZL1.
Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. But that's just me making assumptions. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #149
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
That would be me, and to ice the cake, I was banned from the ZL1 section as well. Truth hurts doesn't it.

Quote:
Mine do too
I just always wish they would stretch all the way down, I just think they look a bit incomplete.

Then build it yourself. It's not going to happen unless it's close to the same price as the ZL1.
Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. But that's just me making assumptions. We'll have to wait and see.
Might I inquire as to why your ( and other mods ) opinions are always correct and anyone who's different is wrong?

We know what we want, we've all been asked to " keep the faith " the ZL1 concept is a big step in the direction of what a bunch of us Z28 heads have been asking for. All we're doing is letting the GM heavies know exactly what we'd like to see, and you keep telling us to build it ourselves or we're wrong.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #150
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
That would be me, and to ice the cake, I was banned from the ZL1 section as well. Truth hurts doesn't it.

Might I inquire as to why your ( and other mods ) opinions are always correct and anyone who's different is wrong?

We know what we want, we've all been asked to " keep the faith " the ZL1 concept is a big step in the direction of what a bunch of us Z28 heads have been asking for. All we're doing is letting the GM heavies know exactly what we'd like to see, and you keep telling us to build it ourselves or we're wrong.
I never said you or anyone was wrong, did you just happen to ignore the rest of my post?
Old 10-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #151
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
I never said you or anyone was wrong, did you just happen to ignore the rest of my post?
Nope, I read it.....and you're correct...you never said that, but others have..so to you sir, I apologize.

I'd also like to know why I was banned from a section without an explanation as to why.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #152
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
- Electric power steering
- Lightweight 20x10-inch (front) and 20x11-inch (rear) racing wheels (satin black)
- Brembo® six-piston front calipers, with two-piece front rotors, and four-piston rear calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
- Dual exhaust outlets with ZL1-style active exhaust and diffuser

These items show weight loss and or power gains, any guesses of how much?
About 30 lbs over (under?!) the 1SS 20s/Pirellis/1-piece rotors...and about 10 hp, max. (5 or 6 in exhaust [as per Vette], a few from the P/S).

However, as good as MR is, it's also a lil bit "weighty"...+ 6/4 Brembo calipers, fr/rr...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #153
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Over the last several months, with input from some "in the know" folks, in the Z/28 Section we've "created" a wet-sump'd LS7/HD Tremec/HD driveline/BIG-braked/ZL1 wheels-tires/enhanced FE4 canyon-carver that "could" Curb about the same as a 1SS without "wishful thinking" materials/costs. Final result = 3850, roughly. MR would weigh more...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...149090&page=55

55 pages and counting. Feel free to visit/contribute, y'all...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #154
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
Whatever they call it, i really like it!
Make that bad boy in synergy green, and i might have to trade up!