Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
infotainment center has issues :/

Seems mostly related to using a usb thumbdrive with mp3s.

If you set it to random, turn off the car, and come back, it sometimes will mess up the display, showing the wrong song playing. Sometimes switching to the next song fixes it.

I don't really mind little things like that, but what happened today was a little scary. The song, artist, and other display info completely dissapeared from the screen. All it would show was the time. Music still played though. Could not see anything on the screen while accessing the menu for the usb mode either. Other menus seemed to work fine.

What sucked was that after removing and reinserting the thumbdrive, the problem persisted, even through shutting off the car and starting it back up.

Eventually I turned the car off for 5 minutes and when I started back up it was working again, but I'm sure I'm going to see this problem again.

I don't know of any fix that can be performed while on the road when you can't just pull over to turn it off for 5+ minutes.

The menus seem to lack any service mode, advanced options, or indications that firmware can be updated, so this is going to put a major damper on my ownership of this car if it can't be resolved.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
whew, that's some pretty bad firmware issues, thats actually kinda crazy.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Seems mostly related to using a usb thumbdrive with mp3s.

If you set it to random, turn off the car, and come back, it sometimes will mess up the display, showing the wrong song playing. Sometimes switching to the next song fixes it.

I don't really mind little things like that, but what happened today was a little scary. The song, artist, and other display info completely dissapeared from the screen. All it would show was the time. Music still played though. Could not see anything on the screen while accessing the menu for the usb mode either. Other menus seemed to work fine.

What sucked was that after removing and reinserting the thumbdrive, the problem persisted, even through shutting off the car and starting it back up.

Eventually I turned the car off for 5 minutes and when I started back up it was working again, but I'm sure I'm going to see this problem again.

I don't know of any fix that can be performed while on the road when you can't just pull over to turn it off for 5+ minutes.

The menus seem to lack any service mode, advanced options, or indications that firmware can be updated, so this is going to put a major damper on my ownership of this car if it can't be resolved.
I wonder if you can interface with it from behind the head unit?
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
I wish I could have that problem.if only my camaro would come in so I could fondle the radio knobs.I would turn it of and just DRIVe!enjoy once you get that glitch solved
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
GamecockFan

Drives: 2G1FK1EJ7A9117103
Although I agree it sucks, it won't keep people from buying it. If it does, that's unfortunate. I work in IT and technology is a huge part of my life, but I also know that shit like that happens all the time. Things don't always work like they should for one reason or another. That said, I hope we can get some insight if it is a known issue. Some things like that just can't be fixed.
GamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
In IT, you can always fix it. If we have a cd player unit that can't be updated with a major flaw, that's a different matter. I kinda doubt we'll be able to take it into a dealership and get an entirely new deck put in for free.

Oh well, hopefully something can be done.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Try using another brand of memory card and see if you can replicate the error.

Use other songs first. If it passes put same songs as fail. (testing 2 different things.. memory and data).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
I've used the memory card and ipod and it performs perfectly everytime. May want to take it to your dealer. :(
Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Same issue reported here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25156
Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
this may sound stupid but lets say u get all ur music of limewire or someshit...and you those files carry spyware and stuff like that...now when u put it on ur flashdrive from your computer...can those viruses get into your cars system screwing shit up? or maybe just the songs that have these infected files on it are messing things up when you play that song?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
this may sound stupid but lets say u get all ur music of limewire or someshit...and you those files carry spyware and stuff like that...now when u put it on ur flashdrive from your computer...can those viruses get into your cars system screwing shit up? or maybe just the songs that have these infected files on it are messing things up when you play that song?
Very good question!!!!

All mine are from cd's and itunes.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Ummm NO

I also have the shuffle problem but I plan on using XM anyway, there probably be a firmware upgrade
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
my itouch plays, but has issues. i read somewhere that the itouch didn't work well for others either. i'm sure there will be firmware updates and soon these issues will be no more. once i plugged it in, it started playing in random (and i didn't do anything). then after skipping a few songs, it wouldn't skip any more...........just play. and the display showed the wrong title and the counter just read 00:00.

i have had no issues with the infotainment system otherwise. i'm still learning though. finally got the bluetooth and my AT&T Samsung in sync and that works GREAT.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
CKurt3

Drives: 2005 Ford Ranger XLT V6
Quote:
It is possible, but unlikely.
CKurt3 is offline   Reply With Quote