Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Have any of you been targeted and followed in your Camaro?

I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
jwoair23

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Not in the camaro but I did have someone follow me once inexplicably. I got to my town, took side streets just to verify they were following me. Then once I was sure I just drove to my local police station and pulled in. Guy drove away! Very strange and unnerving. Harder to do though when you are away from home and don't know where police stations are.
jwoair23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoair23 View Post
Not in the camaro but I did have someone follow me once inexplicably. I got to my town, took side streets just to verify they were following me. Then once I was sure I just drove to my local police station and pulled in. Guy drove away! Very strange and unnerving. Harder to do though when you are away from home and don't know where police stations are.
Yeah it will put you on alert. The only reason I didn't call the cops was because there was nothing I could really say other than I was being followed. All I had was suspicion.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
had a cop follow me once for about 2 miles. guess after checking my plates and failing to observe me doing anything to warrant being pulled over he finally went somewhere else.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
camaro followers

I have a few camaro stalkers
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
You should have got out and gave him a beating

Just kidding.....kinda
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Palutz59
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1LE soon
2 questions for you...
1. Are you married
2. So you have a mistress

Had an ex try to tail me for a few months ... Creepy especially cuz I was meeting the new gf.
Palutz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
redredrage

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual all stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...

Since there's only a rest area just before Decatur and a long straight stretch I would have done 165 to loose him.

Also you could have saved an hour because its easy to lose people in Champaign....... better yet you could have saved most of that time by going to the police station at 111th and 57. I think you just wanted to see how long he was going to follow you.

I've had many stalkers, they are rarely envious and most are enthused.
redredrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharged zl1 View Post
You should have got out and gave him a beating

Just kidding.....kinda
Well here's the thing...this dude knew for some time I was aware he was on me and he didn't give up and drive off. He was looking for me to stop. Call it gut instinct but if there is a creepy goof following me I'm in the perfect car to get away.

I launched man and them BMR sway bars held my car down in those turns. For a moment I thought I heard Chewbacca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz59 View Post
2 questions for you...
1. Are you married
2. So you have a mistress

Had an ex try to tail me for a few months ... Creepy especially cuz I was meeting the new gf.
Nah never been married and my last girlfriend was a class act.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredrage View Post
Since there's only a rest area just before Decatur and a long straight stretch I would have done 165 to loose him.

Also you could have saved an hour because its easy to lose people in Champaign....... better yet you could have saved most of that time by going to the police station at 111th and 57. I think you just wanted to see how long he was going to follow you.

I've had many stalkers, they are rarely envious and most are enthused.
I have no idea where the stations are down there. A friend of mine mentioned he probably wanted to see where I'd stop, car thieves or whatever.

How many have followed you?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
This is why I can't wait for IL to pass concealed carry. Car jack my ass.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
From the sound of that I would say that person either dont have a life or was up to no good. Gotta to be careful now a days. There's a lot of nut jobs not only walking out there, but are also driving as you've experienced.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
I always keep an eye out for people following me,
I got to know some of the neighboring cars, and ill check and see whos behind me as im driving and if someones suspicious i just take off and use some evasive maneuvers. Id rather have them not knowing where I live.. cause insurance will cover vandalism on a car... But I don't want my family hurt or stuff stolen..
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
This is why I can't wait for IL to pass concealed carry. Car jack my ass.
Yup! I've already busted out the Ruger Blackhawk and I'm waiting to reinstate that hand cannon on active duty. Might have to Tomahawk me a criminal and scalp that ****er.

ActNup NY you got that right! This situation has me all creeped out, and rowdy to!