Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
peterg.

Drives: Testarossa, 911, Camel Lights car,
Pairing Verizon iPhone 4S with GM Bluetooth

I am ready to punch my Camaro, or my new iPhone 4S, or both.

I have a 2010 RS 2SS -- About 4 months ago, I bought the new Verizon iPhone 4 and had NO problems wirelessly pairing it with the Bluetooth in the Camaro. Works like a charm. Automatically senses the phone when I get in the car, when a call comes in, I just hit the button on the steering wheel, and it is hands-free heaven. I even recently downloaded the new iOS 5 Apple operating system to the phone and it still works fine.

About a week ago, I bought my wife the new Verizon iPhone 4S. We have been totally unable to pair it with the Camaro. The phone perpetually searches for the bluetooth, but finds nothing. So I plugged it in via the USB port in the center console. It appeared like it might be working, and then it starts asking me questions about "Gstreaming" music. But I am never able to officially get it synched with the car. Any thoughts? The owner's manual is confusing as hell -- my wife and I sat in the parking lot of a restaurant the other night with the manual open, unsuccessfully trying everything and anything to synch it. No luck. Anyone out there with a bigger techno brain than mine (which is non-existent) who can offer a suggestino? thanks much
peterg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
When you say "unable to pair" do you mean the BT voice ( for phone calls) or BT Streaming (for music)?

For BT Streaming, you have to go to the "aux out" mode and then hit menu. It will give you access to the "BT streaming menu" after which you can pair the device from there. Your phone should be looking for the name "GMMusicConnect".
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
2PitbullSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS & 2003 Z71 w/6" lift
I have the same problem but different phone. I unpaired my droid x because BT was not functioning properly...i thought a repairing would do the trick. Not really! Now i cant even access the BT menu. I come to the "pair phone, pair gps, etc." menu,but it will not let me select anything further. I would really like to find a solution to this without bringing it in to the dealership!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
peterg.

Drives: Testarossa, 911, Camel Lights car,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
When you say "unable to pair" do you mean the BT voice ( for phone calls) or BT Streaming (for music)?

For BT Streaming, you have to go to the "aux out" mode and then hit menu. It will give you access to the "BT streaming menu" after which you can pair the device from there. Your phone should be looking for the name "GMMusicConnect".
Primarily I am talking abuot the phone calls pairing, where the phone automatically synchs wth the car when I get in the car. And then when a call comes in, or I make a call on the phone, it automatically is on the speaker system, etc., and I can hang up from the steering wheel. How does the BT Streaming work? Can it actually play music from my iPhone music without my connecting it to the car? That would be awesome -- I was also trying to figure out how to get my phone GPS to broadcast through my speakers, but can't.
peterg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
This sounds like a problem with the iPhone. I'm assuming you've shut the phone down and restarted it? Sometimes that can help. Other than that, schedule service with the dealer and have them look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Try restoring the iPhone to factory settings. That may work for you
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Newold memories

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
I had the same problem to day.....when the GMconnect banner shows on your phone in the bluetooth page, click the blue arrow on the right. It will give you an option to Forget the phone. Click to forget. Start over from the beginning and it should sync up. As far as hookinh up the music.....read the owners manual. It gives very specific instruction for syncing an IPOD. follow those directions. It worked first time for me.
2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3: K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Lowering Kit, Heritage Grill, Ceramic Tint, GM Performance Borla Exhaust, Hertz/Arc Audio Sound System, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Rennen C-10 Wheels (20x9 w/ 275/40/20 front & 20x10.5 w/ 295/40/20 rear Continental DSW Extreme contact tires) Hurst Short Throw Shifter.

Visit us @ WWW.Facebook.com/SacramentoValleyCamaros
Newold memories is offline   Reply With Quote