Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
my fiancee hates my car color...(shes a synergy green gal)..but she likes the fact that i take such good care and concern in my car....my first BRAND new car ever....my last car only had 12k on it when i bought it so i have SOME experience...

charlie...dont forget the guy who put the first little ding in your car...a sign that we're life long pals lol

oh and...so much for "SAFETY" orange huh? should be "DANGER" orange

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
fresh paint comes off easily (usually). Problem is where you can't reach... or see.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #17
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
fresh paint comes off easily (usually). Problem is where you can't reach... or see.
Exactly! I got underneath it and couldn't see anything...opened up the doors to get in the jambs...popped the trunk...

I couldn't see any more...and I looked it over pretty thoroughly.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

When I first got my truck I parked close to a store. When I came out I noticed a jeep had spray painted over it's rusted panels (in the parking lot! ) and when I turned to my truck I had little specks all over the drivers side. Grrrrrrr. A little clay barring or rather A LOT of clay barring and it all came of but man was I pissed!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
OMG this almost made me

I need to go out and hug Cherry to console myself....
Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #20
Z28 Autobot

Drives: 94 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I was pissed when I saw it...but the other guy was inconsolable. A grown man on the brink of tears makes me uncomfortable...somebody had to be "in control."

I thought he was going to have a breakdown.

At the end of the day...it's a car. Yes, a car I absolutely love...but it's a car. Mistakes happen (even when they probably could've been avoided)...but getting pissed off and coming down on him wasn't going to help the matter.

Believe me, I probably would've been a lot worse if we couldn't get it off...but it's coming off. I left it up to the pros.
I wish more people would take this to heart..I had a long response on this but..lets just say..you handled it like it should of been...it is just a car..thats all it is..anyone who thinks different has issues..
Z28 Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #21
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Yea .....I've got issues
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #22
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
way to keep your cool Ladies Man! I applaud you.

Too bad you didn't have the before picture though. At least someone came to tell you. Nothing like people not owning up to their mistakes...but did the culprit come forward, or did you have to find that truck on your own?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #23
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Yea .....I've got issues

I'm proud of my issues
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I don't know it still looks orange to me?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #25
LadiesMan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
way to keep your cool Ladies Man! I applaud you.

Too bad you didn't have the before picture though. At least someone came to tell you. Nothing like people not owning up to their mistakes...but did the culprit come forward, or did you have to find that truck on your own?
Actually, we weren't sure who did it because none of the other vehicles (in the parking lot at the time) had paint on them.

He must've ran it over when he left the office...(which explains why it was on his passenger side).

So, when we were trying to find out who ran it over, that Explorer wasn't in the parking lot. The guy who drives that car didn't even realize it until after he came back. By that time, my car had been cleaned off and he didn't know what had happened...he just knew that his car had paint all over it. He was so pissed off...and went off on the guy that left the paint on truck.

He eventually apologized to him...after I told him that it was obviously a mistake and no different than running over a bright orange can laying in the parking lot.

I then laughed and said, "In what world are you more furious about this than I am?" (His is a company vehicle).
Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 AM   #26
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Actually, we weren't sure who did it because none of the other vehicles (in the parking lot at the time) had paint on them.

He must've ran it over when he left the office...(which explains why it was on his passenger side).

So, when we were trying to find out who ran it over, that Explorer wasn't in the parking lot. The guy who drives that car didn't even realize it until after he came back. By that time, my car had been cleaned off and he didn't know what had happened...he just knew that his car had paint all over it. He was so pissed off...and went off on the guy that left the paint on truck.

He eventually apologized to him...after I told him that it was obviously a mistake and no different than running over a bright orange can laying in the parking lot.

I then laughed and said, "In what world are you more furious about this than I am?" (His is a company vehicle).
LOL

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #27
z28mass
z28 mass

Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
Quote:
Ok, so I couldn't take it anymore and decided to drive the Camaro to work today.

Bad idea...

The guy in our shop comes up to my office...and usually, they come up and ask us to move our cars if a truck can't get by...

So, I grab my keys and say, "Need me to move it?"

He says no...and he's almost in tears.

I said..."What's wrong? Did my car get hit?"

He couldn't even get words out.

I said, "Mikey, calm down...I have insurance...did a truck hit my car?"

He said, "No...." and then started saying stuff that was incoherent (he has a strong accent).

I said, "Did it get stolen?"

He said, "No..." (again...incoherentness).

I patted him on the back and told him to calm down...nothing that has happened to my car is worth this much...because it's just money and that's what insurance is for.

So, he said, "I was spray painting...and some paint got on your car." (at least that's what I heard).

I said, "Ok, let's go take a look at it and see what can be done." (Thinking a little overspray got on it).

Then, as we're walking downstairs...I hear the word "Exploded."

Now I'm a little worried.

I turn the corner and my entire driver-side is covered in "Safety Orange" spray paint.

Apparently, the can was left on the back of a truck...and it fell off the truck and landed next to my car...and another guy I work with ran it over.

Our shop guys called in their auto-body shop guys and they're getting it off.

I actually can't believe how easy it is coming off.
OMG.
You sure are a calm person. I don't know what I would of done on that situation.
Glad everything worked out ok. When are you coming for a pizza?
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #28
LadiesMan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28mass View Post
OMG.
You sure are a calm person. I don't know what I would of done on that situation.
Glad everything worked out ok. When are you coming for a pizza?
Hehe, I can't remember the last time I had pizza from there! I do need to come in soon. Still working Saturdays?