Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I get the tune and all, but the people who will be buying this car aren't going to be looking to race it. Ford isn't making this car to be in the performance sports car segement. That really defeats the purpose of it, so buying this car as strictly your performance car would be stupid IMO. I mean really how much modding is going to be avaiable for this car given the tech its using. So I still say replacing a sports car for a family car is crazy even if they are giving you performance with it.
I can agree with you here. But then again, why did people buy G8's ? Or AMD Mercedes ? BMW's ? Some I guess like 4 door performance cars. As for trading in a 2 door performance for a 4 door one, Well I guess everyone has a reason.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
I saw a White Taurus the other day, didn't look bad...kinda...chargerishly wide though.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #17
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Per Crowley's garage he has a BMW 135 as well, 2 coupes may be a little tough to justify in that case.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Get rid of the Beamer then. I mean a Camaro with a Maggie and he wants to trade it for a SHO.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
I can agree with you here. But then again, why did people buy G8's ? Or AMD Mercedes ? BMW's ? Some I guess like 4 door performance cars. As for trading in a 2 door performance for a 4 door one, Well I guess everyone has a reason.
Thats ture also, but look at how easy it is to mod those engines and also those are set in a range and given styling and packages(suspension along with others) for them to be in that given segement. And usually like the cars you mention are a whole different branch off of a line oppose to a family car with an different engine option. The G8 GT is pretty much a four door GTO with an LS engine type version(unless you get a GXP which has an LS3 in it). As for BMW's their's is the M performance and Mercedes have the AMG division totally different from Ford's new car.

But I don't think ford intends for the SHO to compete for the performance segement. Which is perfectly fine.

Pretty much this is a thread to try and make it seem like the SHO is in comp which camaros and such.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Get rid of the Beamer then. I mean a Camaro with a Maggie and he wants to trade it for a SHO.
Word. Why put all the work he did into that Camaro just to get rid of it within a year. I'm starting to think joke thread.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #21
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Two problems with the CTS, rear seat room is crap and if I want big power I can either go all out and get the V or I'm crap put of luck since the next step down is the DI 3.6L. The difference is huge.

Add four to six inches to the wheelbase and offer the LS3 in it and count me interested, until then they just don't have a combination that works for somebody who wants a fast, comfortable car that can seat four real people and which costs less than 50k.
Well, the 3.6 DI is no LS3, but it's no slouch either. And you must be real tall, cuz i am 6'2"; i sat in the front and ajdusted the seat to fit me, and then got into the backseat behind where i was sitting, and it was a little tight, but nothing i couldn't handle on a 2+ hour road trip. If that's still not enough, you're wanting something more G8 GT/GXP then...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #22
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
crowley, i really don't feel like following you over to a taurus forum.. lol

Last edited by Russo; 11-13-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #23
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Well, the 3.6 DI is no LS3, but it's no slouch either.
The words high performance don't really apply to any CTS outside of the V, which is inexplicable since the space between 3.6L DI and V series powered CTS sedans is honestly massive. I don't expect a sports car experience from an sedan since combinging the two just isn't a practical concept, but I can get 'no slouch' performance in a slew of mainstream cars offered by blands as banal as Honda and Toyota. Like I said, throw in the LS3 and some real rear seat space and I might take another look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain
And you must be real tall, cuz i am 6'2"; i sat in the front and adjusted the seat to fit me, and then got into the backseat behind where I was sitting, and it was a little tight, but nothing i couldn't handle on a 2+ hour road trip.
I don't understand the concept of relatively large sedans with rear seat room that is 'livable'. If I didn't need a car that can comfortably seat four people for however long I might be travelling I wouldn't be looking at a sedan in the first place. The Lincoln LS my in-laws drive suffered from the same issue, it's more or less as large as a Pontiac G8 on the outside but can't even match a Camry, Fusion, or Malibu for interior space. CTS suffers from much the same condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain
If that's still not enough, you're wanting something more G8 GT/GXP then
Problem with the G8 is that they don't make it anymore, not to mention the near total lack of luxury features. The car had it's place, but if I want a luxurious sedan with real room for four and great power from GM exactly where do I go right now? That's right, they don't have one. GM is missing out on one of the biggest portions of the large/luxury sedan segment right now.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #24
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
While there is nothing appealing for me about a Taurus, the SHO's 365hp Turbo V6 motor would go nicely in a Mustang. That would be tempting.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #25
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
i actually test drove a SHO yesterday. i drive my buddy's 2SS a lot. yes the camaro is faster but im here to tell you........not by that much.........

the SHO drives very well...........believe me. only turn off for me is the price.
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #26
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
I owned a SHO back in 1995. I loved that car, still one of my favorite I have ever owned. I really like the new SHO but of course the price is whack for that car. If the price comes in a few years I may consider it for the wife.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #27
fastscout

Drives: 18' hbm 2ss conv.
lol...thats like comparing megan fox to rosie o'donnell...rofl. I guess rosie could be good in the sack, but who do you wanna see in your bed. lol
fastscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #28
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastscout View Post
lol...thats like comparing megan fox to rosie o'donnell...rofl. I guess rosie could be good in the sack, but who do you wanna see in your bed. lol
Again, that question depends on YOUR tastes....everyone does not think Megan Fox is fine, and everyone does not think Rosie Odennell is..well you get what I am saying..different stokes for different folks ! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....ect ect ect.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote